MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
booster8patamon_october26_2021.jpg
booster8takerumon_october26_2021.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with card previews from Booster Set 8 New Hero. This time it's Patamon and a Takeru tamer card.

Some really nice cards for both of these. Patamon gets an artsy image of flying through the sky, alongside Angemon. Takeru continues the trends of anime related Tamer cards using new artwork in the style of their show. This card features him in his main outfit from Zero-Two.

And of course he is wearing his beloved hat, which is the only possession of his he could save after the fateful crash of the S.S. Minnow.

Previous previews for Booster Set 8 New Hero:
Packaging & Zhuqiaomon
V-Jump Previews
Gurimon and Hawkmon
Armadimon & Terriermon
Magnamon
Fladramon & Lighdramon
Imperialdramon: Fighter Mode & Daisuke and Ken
Halsemon & Shurimon
Silpymon & Top Gun
Gammamon & Hiro
BetelGammamon
Hookmon
CatchMamemon
Frimon
Kougamon

Booster Set 8 New Hero will be out on November 26th in Japan.

We have clean card images from Starter Decks 9 & 10, plus Tamers Battle Pack 8, Ghost Game Promos, Online Promos, Tamers Evolution Box 1, & Amazon Starter Promos.

We have the first info for Booster Set 8 New Hero & the Special Entry Set.

We have details for the 2nd Theme Booster, Digimon Tamers.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more
Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards
Booster Set 7 Next Adventure, Campaign Cards, & Tamers 20th Promo Cards

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 8,838

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That Patamon looks like toy rather than an actual Digimon, not a fan of that card.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it's funny because I just saw people praising Koki for this under its Twitter reveal. Personally it's not my favorite art style but I like it; I could watch a whole movie in this art style and enjoy myself. What's really weird is seeing Angemon in blue again. Why blue? I don't get it

Patamon
[Inherited Effect]: [End of your turn] You can DNA Digivolve this Digimon and your other Digimon into a Digimon card in your hand by paying its DNA Digivolve cost

T.K. Takaishi
[Start of turn] If you have 2 or less memory, set your memory to 3
[Opponent's Turn] When your opponent's Digimon attacks your blue Digimon, you may suspend this Tamer to <Draw 1>

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So this time around Zero Two characters. Seems the movie is coming closer and closer...

Momentai

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I expected yellow/blue Cody & TK at this point but nope. I guess it's fair since Cody doesn't even have its own card yet

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting, I thought that Kiyoshiro was the Blue Tamer but I forgot those were promos and not part of the Set proper. I was surprised at them not doing another Duo 02 Tamer card but I guess they can save that for later which is fine.

Those are some interesting effects as Takeru giving us more Draw Power at last as well as Patamon's effect triggering during the End Phase which is something not very common until now.

GoggleBoy97

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Despite koki being my least favourite guest illustrator from the current Digimon TCG, I find this particular Patamon quite charming and unique