Original v-pet instruction manual (ver. 1-5)

DigiTifa

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello everyone.
I've been looking for some information about the original Digital Monsters (versions 1-5) for a few weeks now.

The thing is, I have an instruction manual for my original v-pet (ver. 1 from 1997).
And I find it curious how they translated the name of the Digimon
IMG-20171006-143435.jpg
IMG-20171006-143528.jpg

The fact is that I have not been able to see these instruction manuals for versions 2, 3, 4 and 5 and I would like to know if someone could put some photos. I don't care what language they are in, I just want to see that they exist.

As additional information, I can say that in the package of my original v-pet came two instruction books, a purple one (similar to the one that all Tamagotchis bring)
IMG-20170719-133913.jpg
and the manual that is in color
2014-11-13-10-10-38-1.jpg

I can also say that I THINK that my v-pet is a European version, although I really don't know which versions were released (Japanese, American and European, maybe?).

Thank you very much for your help.
A huge hug.

DigiTifa

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorry for the double post, but I think I needed to revive this post.
I've been looking at different packages and I think there are 3 different versions, at least version 1.

Ver. 1:
Japanese box:
s-l300.jpg
American box:
c0453879ca751284b4e3cedfc534f62f.jpg
European box:
s-l300.jpg

Ver. 2:
Japanese box:
n138553414.1.jpg
American box:
digimon_virtual_pet_version_2_english_1483736145_91668f0e.jpg
European box:
il_fullxfull.3183010724_e4y4.jpg

Ver. 3:
Japanese box:
s-l640.jpg
American box:
Bandai-Digital-Monster-1997-Version-3-US-Box-4.jpg

Ver. 4:
Japanese box:
bandai_digimon_vpet_v4_grand_p_1601184145_a6b3f308_progressive.jpg
American box:
H1b3dd82134034dd19c8d8c28bad65fcfC.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp

Ver. 5:
Japanese box:
Bandai-Digimon-Digital-Monster-Version-5-1997-Japan-2-1.jpg
American box:
digimon_vpet_v4us_v5bos_1539746345_6fa7f0b8_progressive.jpg

If you can help me find the boxes of European versions 3, 4 and 5, I would be eternally grateful.

On the other hand... the images that I have put are correct?

Last edited:

DigiTifa

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there was a version 3, 4 and 5 release in Europe.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there was a version 3, 4 and 5 release in Europe.
You are right about that.
OMG! Are you telling me that, of all the v-pet (original, pendulum, accel, twin ...), only versions 1 and 2 of the original Digital Monster were released in Europe?

Does anyone have any unboxing videos of European versions 1 and/or 2 of the original Digital Monster?

Maybe there I can see an instruction manual like mine ...

The following question is for BladeSabre only: Is it possible that "strong English" and "weak English" versions you told me about on the subject of Monzaemon have something to do with the European version and the American version?

Last edited:

Pleasehearmyopinion

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OMG! Are you telling me that, of all the v-pet (original, pendulum, accel, twin ...), only versions 1 and 2 of the original Digital Monster were released in Europe?

Does anyone have any unboxing videos of European versions 1 and/or 2 of the original Digital Monster?

The following question is for BladeSabre only: Is it possible that "strong English" and "weak English" versions you told me about on the subject of Monzaemon have something to do with the European version and the American version?
Kinda true. Technically, the "American" versions of 3, 4, 5 and 6 are all Bandai Asia exclusive. Which means that the only English speaking region that got these versions is... Australia. They never imported these versions to America.

DigiTifa

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Kinda true. Technically, the "American" versions of 3, 4, 5 and 6 are all Bandai Asia exclusive. Which means that the only English speaking region that got these versions is... Australia. They never imported these versions to America.

Really?
God, why my topics always get so complicated? Hahaha.

I know version 6 was actually the Pendulum ver. 1.0 (more or less), which was released as Australia exclusive Digital Monster.

So in America only versions 1 and 2 were released? The same as in Europe?

And what were the boxes like?

P.S.: Here is indicated that the five versions were released in America o_O
https://wikimon.net/List_of_Virtual_Pets

Pleasehearmyopinion

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Really?
God, why my topics always get so complicated? Hahaha.

I know version 6 was actually the Pendulum ver. 1.0 (more or less), which was released as Australia exclusive Digital Monster.

So in America only versions 1 and 2 were released? The same as in Europe?

And what were the boxes like?

P.S.: Here is indicated that the five versions were released in America o_O
https://wikimon.net/List_of_Virtual_Pets
I'm not sure, but I think the America flags on the Wikimon page just mean it's in English. There's no Version 6 page to compare it to, so I can't draw any conclusions. I'm feeling less sure now about that statement. There's not much online about this subject, and I'm younger than the devices themselves, so I don't have memories of the original run either.

Edit: I'm Australian myself, so even if I was around during the original run I wouldn't know about the american release anyway.

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, the original Digital Monster in Europe (fully sealed plastic pack, and the long chain with one large ring) was only versions 1 and 2.

Version 6 was Australia exclusive.

Versions 1-5 appeared in wider Asia with the same chain as the US (short chain with two large rings) and the same cardboard box as the US. But some of them had Japanese menus, I think versions 4-5, while the US and Australian ones all had English menus. I'm not sure which versions appeared in the US.

Unfortunately, the "strong English" and "weak English" ver1 both appeared in both the US and Europe. IIRC, me and my brother bought our very first ones in the same UK shop at the same time, and we somehow got one of each. Mine was grey (weak) and his was yellow (strong), but then the yellow one I bought months later was a weak one. (Maybe the weak version is more recent, the shop sold out of strong grey before yellow, and had restocked the grey already.)

I'm pretty sure the ones I bought in shops in the UK only had the purple manual and not the coloured one.

Manuals https://imgur.com/a/E6T6KQB
Top-left: US version 1
Top-right: Europe version 2
Bottom-left: HK version 5 (written in Chinese+English)
Bottom-right: Japan version 5

Last edited:

DigiTifa

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jum... So just to see if it's clear to me:
-Versions 3, 4 and 5 were not released in Europe.
-Versions 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 were released in America.

If so, I will have to update my other thread: (https://withthewill.net/threads/virtual-pets-released-outside-of-japan)

Thank you for the images.
It's funny, because the typical instruction manual (the purple one, which in version 2 is black) for my Digital Monster is in several languages, I imagine the same as yours.
However, the other one, the color manual, is only in Spanish (I'm from Spain).
So I deduce that my version is not only the European one, but also a specific edition was made for Spain (possibly it would be the European version adding the colored manual).

With which I only have two options:
1- Version 2 did not arrive in Spain.
2- Version 2 arrived in Spain, but only version 1 contained the colored manual.

I doubt that there is a colored manual for version 2 and, if it does exist, I highly doubt that we will ever see it U.U

Anyway, thank you both very much for helping me invest this.

P.S.: Please tell me if versions 3, 4 and 5 were released in America!

Thank you very much!^^