Original series V-pet manual scans

Lee_Bug

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is likely old hat for most folks, but I got a packaged V1 device in the mail today and took some photos of it's lovely manual. I have to say, there's something charmingly janky about the art used in these. Digimon pre-multimedia-franchise is really something special.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
that art style is so charming. It's surprisingly not gritty like the art befire the anime but also mire cartoony than what we have for Agumon and Betamon now. It is nice that the designs in the illustrations are almost unchanged in concept outside of Betamon having some more toes. Agumon's even got three claws!

Lee_Bug

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Got a minty Blue Ver.4 today, so here's some more adorable art, as well as a flier for the D-1 Grand Prix!

Samtheweebo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really cool pictures of the manuals got any more?

Lee_Bug

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really cool pictures of the manuals got any more?
Not yet! I have a Ver.2 on it's way, but sadly not via DHL, so I think it's going to take it's time getting here!

whatthechuck3

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just more evidence to me that Tyranomon was originally the "canon" evolution for Agumon before the anime cemented Greymon. I could be wrong, but old artwork only adds to this thought in my mind.

Samtheweebo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just more evidence to me that Tyranomon was originally the "canon" evolution for Agumon before the anime cemented Greymon. I could be wrong, but old artwork only adds to this thought in my mind.
Apparently Tyranomon was the very first Digimon ever designed. I think they meant for him to be the standard adult kids would get first. Greymon was kind of a suprise cool mon for the dedicated people who trained a lot.

Lee_Bug

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Version 2! Anyone know what sounds effects are going on next to the Digimon art?