Original Digimon V-Pet Re-release Coming Soon?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A surprise for V-Pet fans!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Multitoys, an import toy/game shop in Indonesia has added listings for 4 new Digimon V-Pets, under the name 'Digimon Original'.

On social media they refer to them as Pendulums, while also theorizing they are re-releases of the Version 1 V-Pet, so there aren't many usable details at the moment that aren't guessing/assumptions. (The image above is a stand in we've added of the 20th V-Pets on display from awhile ago.)

There are listings for 4 Digimon Originals:
Brown
Gray
Blue
Yellow

The colors do seem to match up with what you'd expect for original V-Pet re-releases, and the price looks great at (converted to USD) a bit above $20.

They list their pre-orders closing on January 29th with a release scheduled for the second quarter of 2019, so hopefully we get some news about these soon, since at the moment we are sure of very little (including what regions these might be released in... and in fact, what these even are.)

After the 20th V-Pets in 2017, the 20th Pendulums in 2018 (along with pre-orders for the new Digital Monster X), a re-release of the originals would a nice addition to the current run of V-Pets.

We'll update when we have more information.

Thanks to mbaheganteng for the news.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm, that's a tempting price point! Seems interesting, regardless of what they turn out to be.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That would be interesting to see. Like releasing an old game on a new console.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
those guys just don't know what is pendulum vpet and what is not, since I'm from Indo, what I know is that they will release a "best price" digimon ver. 1, most likely taken from 20th anniv. And this "best price" version would mean that they're releasing it for Asian market.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be honest this is a little underwhelming, considering the 20th Ver. is quite better and greatly enhanced compared to the original one. It would be like re-sell the beta version of Next Order after the International Edition.
Prob more like releasing Digimon World 1, though most people seem to want that anyway

though people would prob also be happy with the vita version of DWNO coming out lol. was so many angry PSV fans (I was one of them at the time, as got my PSV for CS, then my PS4 for DWNO)

anyway, it does seem kinda lame, but legacy product would sell well I imagine.