Original 7 Digimon Movie DVDs Rereleased in March, Discount Prices, Pre-orders Open

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

For those interested in Digimon discs, some interesting ones are coming cheaply in March.

The discs for the 7 original run of Digimon movies are being re-released.

These are the movie counterparts to the 4 original Digimon anime series. Each aired during a Toei Anime Fair (with other movies.)

Each of these are the original discs for all 7 movies (the original Digimon Adventure movie didn't get a DVD at release, but was included on the Children's War Game disc.)

These all include the original extras, most of which didn't make it due to the Blu-rays for various reasons (mostly contractual.)
The extras, based on the movie, range from interviews with Mamoru Hosoda and Seki Hiromi, to making of features, card game 'how to play' videos, trailers, TV commercials, stage greetings from when the movies opened, etc.

Visually these won't compare to the Blu-rays, in general, (which we've done breakdowns of), but there are reasons why a fan might want to collect these DVDs (such as the extras.)

The audio on a number of them (I don't remember if it's all) is better on the DVDs owing to production choices, and in the case of Children's War Game (assuming that I'm not misremembering), has colors that are 'likely' more accurate to the director's intentions.

Good prices as long as you don't mind DVDs, moreso if you want to get ahold of the extras.

All the discs are being released on March 10th.

Each DVD is 2,450 yen, under $25 and is available to pre-order at CDJapan: (Affiliate links)
Digimon Adventure: Children's War Game (with Digimon Adventure the Movie)
Digimon Adventure 02: Hurricane Touchdown
Digimon Adventure 02: Revenge of Diablomon
Digimon Tamers: The Battle of the Adventurers
Digimon Tamers: Runaway Digimon Express
Digimon Frontier: Revival of the Ancient Digimon

The Blu-rays, both in box and 'doubles' form are also still available: (Affiliate links)
Digimon the Movies Blu-ray Box
Digimon Adventure, Movies 1 and 2 Blu-ray
Digimon Adventure 02, Movies 3 and 4 Blu-ray
Digimon Tamers, Movies 5 and 5 Blu-ray
Digimon Frontier & Savers Movies Blu-ray

March is a big month for Digimon home video releases...

March 3rd is the 2nd Digimon Adventure: Blu-ray & DVD box. Details here and pre-orders are open: (affiliate links)
Digimon Adventure: Blu-ray Box 2
Digimon Adventure: DVD Box 2

March 6th is the release of Digimon Adventure 1999-2001 Blu-ray Box, a collection of all the previously released Adventure and 02 Blu-rays. Details here and pre-orders are open: (affiliate link)
Digimon Adventure 1999-2001 Blu-ray Box

Attachments

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh Fantastic! Getting Children's War Game is a must!

Mattman324

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shame that the sausage nunchaku movie isn't included, or X-Evo. But I do get why they weren't.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm for sure pre ordering, I really wanna start getting heaps of digimon merch.