Order Form Lists Card Game Booster Set 5 as 'Battle of Omega' for February 26th

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

We've been getting Digimon Card Game sales information earlier and earlier, and a Bandai order sheet might provide the first bit of info for Booster Set 5 of the Digimon Card Game.

As always with super early information take it with a grain of salt.

Assuming it is real (and things don't change) the 5th Digimon Card Game booster set will be released on February 26th, 2021 and is called 'Battle of Omega'.

Update- Some Japanese card shops have opened up pre-orders for BT-05 with identical information, so the sheet would appear to be real.

The set looks to be 112 cards total with distribution as such:
Common, 44 cards
Uncommon, 30 cards
Rare, 26 cards
Super Rare, 10 cards
Secret Rare, 2 cards

This matches the card numbers for Booster Sets 2 and 3.

The other 2 items listed are unrelated to Digimon.

Since it isn't from a sales sheet, we have no further information at the moment regarding the set.

We got our first formal preview of Booster Set 4 Great Legend yesterday.

Thanks to a few people for sending this in and a Bandai and Digimon Card social group for the initial post.

Attachments

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
An Omegamon set was inevitable, ahahaha. Omekamon and some new Omegamons would be nice if they're do this (with the Ancients as well as Victory/Zeed, and do a Shine/Mirage fusion whilst theyre at it)

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm a huge fan of the Digimon TCG but I will admit that they have no shame in their shilling of certain monsters lol. We have never had a set without Agumon and in an Omegamon focused set, I doubt we will any time soon. I'm a lot more excited for whoever this will bring who isn't Omegamon a lot like how I'm more excited for the Frontier Digimon and Meicoomon line for the Greymon set coming out

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Let me..
Omegamon. Zwart. Alter-S. Alter-B. Zwart-D. MM. Not sure about the X one.
OmegaShoutmon. Shoutmon X3. X4. X5. X5B. EX6. X7. X7 SM. DX.
Susanoomon.

and let Xros Wars digimon fill the booster for the rest, Bandai.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We have never had a set without Agumon and in an Omegamon focused set, I doubt we will any time soon.
Yeah, it's been that way for pretty much every game after Hyper Colosseum. Pretty much every Card Game Alpha set had Agumon (2006) in it, pretty much every Super Digica Taisen set had Shoutmon, etc.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Battle of Omega.........

All Omegamon related, subspecies, even Susanoomon also fake ones like Omekamon if they actually make Omedamon real.

I hope after Greymon festival and Omegamon bands, the 6th will finally be freed from those and starts to focus on others more often.

I think Susanoomon is probably in Great Legend instead of this Battle of Omega.

I'm pleased this still continues even next year. Just keep up!

MechaMadness

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If we're getting a Omegamon-oriented set, please at least give me Chaosmon since I'd enjoy having that as another Omega-lookalike.

Anyways, while it's somewhat concerning that this might be a boring set aesthetically depending on how much they spam Omegamon here, though Great Legend seems to have more variety beyond Greymon so maybe there's hope, mechanically, it could be neat. Both of the current Omegamons in the game are Lv7, and I don't see that changing for this set tbh, so having a set focus around it should naturally introduce a ton of Lv7s by extension. As far as Lv7s go, Red and Black are tied for the most at three, while Blue and Purple have one. Now granted, Union Impact made this a bit more complex since you can do things like give Yellow access to Millenniummon via Mastemon, or Green access to Omegamon via Imperialdramon and so on, but for the sake of simplicity, I'd really enjoy it if the other colors got an in-house Lv7 here.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

You know what? Go for it Bandai. Get the Omegamons out of your system. I think the idea of an Omegamon-species booster is even more boring than a Greymon-species booster personally, since at least Greymons have a good deal of variance in their designs, but who am I to argue against the marketing gods?

Mattman324

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Let me..
Susanoomon.

Honestly, the idea that this is going to have a lot of Xros Wars stuff (because Omegashoutmon) and possibly Level 6 Omegamons (...because Omegashoutmon is level 5) is more interesting to me than "let's make a set focused on level 7s and vastly inflate the number of those in the game".

Yeah, it's been that way for pretty much every game after Hyper Colosseum. Pretty much every Card Game Alpha set had Agumon (2006) in it, pretty much every Super Digica Taisen set had Shoutmon, etc.
Hyper Colo had a lot of Agumons too, just not as much.

I'm fine with some old shilling as long as there's a balance of older, less older, and newer stuff showing up, and the card game thus far has done that.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If they make lv6 omnimons he'll be able to evolve into himself ahaha

And his other variants.

Omnimon to omnimon would be amusing tho.

Mattman324

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If they make lv6 omnimons he'll be able to evolve into himself ahaha

And his other variants.

Omnimon to omnimon would be amusing tho.
I mean, Whamon do that naturally, and plenty of Digimon have forms for multiple levels. It's not that weird.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m not too worried about the set title, since the Greymon-themed set wasn’t limited to just Greymons. It was actually somewhat common in Hyper Colosseum to have sets named after a single card in them.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ye, I totally wouldn't be surprised if we see OmegaShoutmon and the Xros Heart crew as part of this "Battle of the Omega".

If we do see Omegamon Alter-B in this Set then it would be cool if we got Tsuzuki Shoma as a Tamer card for more non-anime Tamers. :unsure:

Mattman324

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m not too worried about the set title, since the Greymon-themed set wasn’t limited to just Greymons. It was actually somewhat common in Hyper Colosseum to have sets named after a single card in them.
Well, to be fair the set is "Great Legend" and is advertised with Greymons and Legendary 10 members.

Momentai

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Let me..
Susanoomon.

Don't forget about Omedamon. That would actually be a cool and unexpected pick imo, considering it doesn't have a canonical evolution line at the moment

Starrynight

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh no! The omegas..... I didn't Like them much. Ridiculously powerful, ugly or too gundam-like for my taste. As if the designers ran out of ideas.

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Let me..
Susanoomon.

Don't forget about Omedamon. That would actually be a cool and unexpected pick imo, considering it doesn't have a canonical evolution line at the moment
I think we're also forgetting the anti-Omegamon, Chaosmon and Chaosmon VA.