MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
booster4brahmastra_december3_2020.jpg
booster4tridentrevolver_december3_2020.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with card previews from Booster Set 4 Great Legend. This time it's some option cards: Brahmastra and Trident Revolver.

Brahmastra features Aldamon doing his signature attack with fireballs flying everywhere, while Trident Revolver features RiseGreymon swinging his gun arm and quickly firing three shots. Both have quite nice art, but if I were to choose, I feel like the interesting painted style of Brahmastra feels a touch more unique and interesting to me.

Digimon Card Game Booster Set 4 Great Legend is scheduled to release on December 18th.

Previous card previews for Booster Set 4:

We have clean images for Starter Decks 4, 5, and 6! Plus Tamer Battle Pack 2, the 2nd Winner's Card, and the 1st 2 scene vote cards featuring Adventure and 02.

We've also started to get previews from Booster Set 4 Great Legend. It's scheduled for release on December 18th.

We've begun to get info on Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega. It's scheduled for release on February 26th.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 11,988

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Atomic Inferno
[Main] 1 of your [Hybrid] type Digimon gains +3000 DP, gains <Security Attack +1>, and gains "[Your Turn] When this Digimon is blocked, gain 3 Memory" for the turn.
[Security] All of your Digimon get <Security Attack +1> until the end of your next turn

Trident Revolver
[Main] Delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with 6000 DP or less. You may Play 1 Tamer Card with a Play cost of 4 or lower from your hand without paying its memory cost
[Security] Activate this card's [Main] effect

does anybody else check card arts for cameos now? I didn't find any here but looking for little easter eggs some artists hide gets me to look close at card arts and really appreciate them. Also these card effects are super powerful

Amandil7

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow! Those are some powerful effects!

Also Aldamon is one of my absolute favs.

MechaMadness

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Both of these look rather powerful for what they are.
Brahmastra is hyper specialized since it's locked to Hybrids, but getting +3000 DP, SA+1 and ST-1 MetalGreymon's Inheritable Effect all off a single Option Card for only one Memory is kinda obscene. We haven't seen Aldamon or KaiserGreymon yet, but even something like Vritramon would become a Lv4 with 12000 DP and the aforementioned effects, sounds like a pretty formidable early game beater.
Meanwhile, Trident Revolver impresses me just for having good overall utility. Compared to something like Final Elyisum at 6 Cost, Trident Revolver actually has a slightly higher DP Threshold then Final Elyisum does without a Tamer, so that's nice considering 6000 or below will nail pretty much every Lv4 and even some of the weaker Lv5's. It's that second effect that really ties it together though, as getting to play a Memory Tamer for free is great economically, and considering BT-1 Taichi and BT-4 Masaru both have rather powerful effects that can stack if you can get multiples out, this just seems like a solid way to kill two birds with one stone.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man, I'm really liking the painted effect on Brahmastra. Really glad to see support for Hybrids since I've seen casuals sleeping on their potential. The fact that it's only a 1 Cost card too is just downright cheeky, imagine using Spirit Evolution to turn a Taichi into a Agnimon and using this card, now you can quickly demolish two Security Cards for only 3 Cost (assuming you aren't stopped by something) and then just carry on as usual with your preexisting Digimon. :O

Trident Revolver is also pretty cool. Deletion combined with playing a Tamer for free is useful if a bit on the situational side.

Last edited:

Momentai

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Atomic Inferno
[Main] 1 of your [Hybrid] type Digimon gains +3000 DP, gains <Security Attack +1>, and gains "[Your Turn] When this Digimon is blocked, gain 3 Memory" for the turn.
[Security] All of your Digimon get <Security Attack +1> until the end of your next turn

Trident Revolver
[Main] Delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with 6000 DP or less. You may Play 1 Tamer Card with a Play cost of 4 or lower from your hand without paying its memory cost

does anybody else check card arts for cameos now? I didn't find any here but looking for little easter eggs some artists hide gets me to look close at card arts and really appreciate them. Also these card effects are super powerful

At first I didn't read the "one of your Hybrid" part and I was like WHAT. Also beacause there's Shadow Wing which is Brahamastra's worse version.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I do. I’m actually keeping a list of Digimon that appear in cards not named for them.

DiscoCola

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Atomic Inferno

Trident Revolver

Dang dude! I haven't played with a proper deck, yet, but these seem incredible? Is it just me?

I mean. I guess Trident Revolver has a high cost, but still.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I do. I’m actually keeping a list of Digimon that appear in cards not named for them.

Hope you didn't miss any on that Sirenmon attack card lol. There's some you can barely make out on that card like Lunamon

Anyway this made me realise they kept the name Trident Revolver in the dub despite changing Revolmon's name in an earlier dub. Much consistency

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Atomic Inferno

The Security Effect is for all your digimon, not just hybrid, which makes this significantly more useful than it initially seems because it can fit into more mixed decks.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Mattman324 you can tell a card is good when a Common 1 cost option card's security can win a game

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aldamon's background... Is it kind of some bath spring or shrine?

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mattman324 you can tell a card is good when a Common 1 cost option card's security can win a game

If the effects were purely limited to Hybrids (and especially if the Security effect was "apply the Main effect") it would be super situational, as it's going to be a while until a proper deck that can abuse it comes out - it's looking like we're only getting Fire and Light this set, and I doubt future sets will have more than one or two of the Spirit lines in them at a time. So it would be good, but only a year or more from now, when it can properly be fitted into a deck.

But since the Security effect works on anything this card is significantly more splashable because while its A + B nature does require a fair amount of deckbuilding - you do not want a deck set up with Aldamon and maybe Kaisergreymon as the only targets - it can also just randomly go off on its own as Security.

(The cost is only so low because the effective targets are so minor - even Agnimon and Vritramon will have a good chance of dying when you use this, since they'll be +3000 but still below 10000, and barely anyone plays decks with no cards above that - and you're checking security twice)