Option Card Gewaltschwarmer Preview for Booster Set 6

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
boosterset6_gewaltschwarmer_may15_2021.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with a card preview from Booster Set 6 Double Diamond. This time it's option card Gewaltschwarme!

Gewaltschwarmer gets a card showing Gundramon going wild and firing everything, which is what you would expect for the attack, which is described as an all around volley. The art itself is a pretty clean 3/4 view from a lower camera shot with no specific background minus a burst of orange energy outlining the various blasts he's firing.

Booster Set 6 Double Diamond is scheduled for release on May 28th.

Previous Card previews for Booster Set 6:

We have clean card images for Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon.

We've also begun to get previews for Booster Set 6 Double Diamond, which will feature characters from Kizuna!

We've also gotten our first details for Booster EX-01 Classic Collection!

Plus we have the first details for the 1 year anniversary of the card game, including a number of fun things!

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 9,375

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gewaltschwärmer
If you have a Digimon with [Three Musketeers] in its types, you may use this card regardless of its color requirements
[Main] Delete all of your opponent's Digimon with a play cost of 7 or lower
[Security] Add this card to your hand

normally you cam only use an Option card if you have a Digimon card either in play or in the breeding area that matches the Option card's color. Is this implying that Magna Kidmon and/or Beel Starmon will be colors other than black?

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice. I always like it when the Groups come into play.

Is this implying that Magna Kidmon and/or Beel Starmon will be colors other than black
BeelStarmon definitely is going to be Purple methinks. MagnaKidmon I'm less certain about, he's a dragon man type so maybe Red? :unsure:

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, there's that expected 7 Cost Gundramon Option that'd go absurdly well with his ability. Guess 7 cost was mostly missing a boardwipe in terms of powerful generic effects.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So BelleStarrmon and Magnakidmon will have different colored cards. Purple and Red.

But... What about AvengeKidmon?

Gundramon's attack is very interesting! Glad to include "Three Muskeeters" group.

Will it be a new deck that focus on Three Muskeeters to wreck and riot?

Nightwing

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like you guys are already talking about what I was going to brings up lol. I was thinking the other Musketeers would be be red and purple, but able to evolve from black.

Hopefully it also means they get their own 7 cost Options that are red and purple but can be played by Gundramon because of the Three Musketeers clause. Which, by the way, is a really nice design idea. I’ve already seen people speculate about new Royal Knight specific options lol.

As for this Option itself, not a big fan. It works well enough in a purple deck using Gundramon thanks to Rebellimon, and I’m sure it’ll be useful in certain cases when just using a black deck, but alone it doesn’t look good enough to play Gundramon yet.

The Golux

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
normally you cam only use an Option card if you have a Digimon card either in play or in the breeding area that matches the Option card's color. Is this implying that Magna Kidmon and/or Beel Starmon will be colors other than black?
Digimon or Tamer, IIRC, but yeah

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But... What about AvengeKidmon?
Avenge Kidmon is so funny to me. "He hates Magna Kidmon so much he became Magna Kidmon and continues to hate him so much that he doesn't hate him".
It's straight up Reverse Flash logic

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can't wait to see magnakidmon art

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Avenge Kidmon is so funny to me. "He hates Magna Kidmon so much he became Magna Kidmon and continues to hate him so much that he doesn't hate him".
It's straight up Reverse Flash logic

Yup like I said before in the other topic, it's the most bizarre evolution logic ever.

I fear AvengeKidmon's card will be the most common card and hardly fit to play ever for many reasons:

If the Digimon card game 2020 is that focuses on making the cards' effects reference to mirror their profiles, attacks, anime/game appearances even to Diablomon's movie effect to Menoa trapping Tamers/Eosmon multiplying...

Imagine his effect will be...

On Deletion effect or Inhibition or Security: If MagnaKidmon defeats one of your Digimon in the battle, play this without paying any costs from Trash or Hand.

That will be lousy card for extremely specific situation only targets one must have to be named "MagnaKidmon" like it's searching a needle in hay field basically.

I hope AvengeKidmon card somehow will be involved with Three Muskeeter or indirect support with them.