ONE PIECE Chapters discussion/reviews (starting from 765+)

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I will be really sad if Bellamy died in Luffy's hands.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It would be sad if both of them died. Let's hope they can be saved. Or used to off the mingo.

Digidestined_GM

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a feeling Law's body might be used as a puppet during the fight by Doflamingo against Luffy. Manshelly could heal Law, but I wonder if she can re-attach a severed limb.

Digidestined_GM

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Doflamingo sure didn't lose any patience with Law. And despite my love on how where it's going, I'd like to have Trebol out of the picture. I'd like to see Luffy VS Doflamingo, on a classic 1-on-1. I think Trebol is no match for Luffy, but I feel he just might be an annoyance into this upcoming fight.

Your thoughts?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Darn it. Law's down. Let's take out Mr. Slime so we can have the fight we all want. Luffy beating 'Mingo.

Digidestined_GM

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Did Law study Gamma radiation like Bruce Banner? But this chapter was epic! Even if the showdown hasn't started yet!

Thoughts on the chapter?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At least Law isn't dead yet. That's what I think. Next week should be good.

Digidestined_GM

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Round 1 has finally started between Luffy and Doffy.

I must say. This battle will be a fight of King-like willpower, which will be a good challenge for Luffy. And for Trebol, remember how in the past that it was shown that devil fruits would be integrated into objects? Well, I think its coat for the ability because the dude was never a logia from the start. The way Law nailed him: genius!

And that back-and-forth from Luffy and Doffy at the beginning: promising!

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And One Piece fandom in my country keep debating whether Trebol is a Paramecia or a Logia. I will stick with Paramecia, because I never thought that a Paramecia can pretend to be a Logia (if only Buggy could think that way).

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really just want Trebol and Doffy dead. Because that actual slime ball is messing with the fight.

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nobody cares about Trebol anymore. If it was last week, I would say in the middle of Paramecia VS Logia discussion that he is an amoeba Zoan just to mess them up. :p

Digidestined_GM

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The only thing I can say is.....

4TH GEAR!!!!!!! OH....MY.... GOD!!!!!

What kind of form has been become into this super unknown form?!

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe Trebol is a hagfish fishman. :p jk
Anyway, Trebol just exploded himself and Doflamingo doesn't care at all? That was his oldest supporter.
Doflamingo said something about Luffy having a lot of speed but not enough power. Maybe that's a hint to what Gear 4th will be.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gear 4. This should be very interesting. Can't wait to see it.

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seems like Gear 4th is a combination of the other gears along with armament haki. A large increase in strength and agility (Geppou! (or something similar)) and also gives Luffy some kind of method of regulating his elasticity. He can choose whether he wants to retract his limbs and switch their trajectory after stretching them and he can still bounce away attacks while defending with the haki. Seems like a pretty good ability overall. Doflamingo got knocked halfway across the city!

Digidestined_GM

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Gear 4th seems to be a better and perfected version of Gear 3rd. Luffy is able to amass a massive amount of strength without losing speed. Hell, he even gave the ability to fly/float. I'd like to see some flashbacks of his training on the island. Luffy has become a beast! Doflamingo is being run down to the dirt!

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yay! This is what we all wanted. Now let's see how bad the beat down is.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess I'll take this opportunity to just throw out my opinion on the entire Dressrosa arc at this point, it seems fitting as it's obvious that the arc is heading towards a quite epic conclusion.

All in all I have to say that the latest chapters and really this entire arc in general encapsulates almost everything I love about One Piece. It really has so many major revelations, plot threads coming together and generally things really getting serious. For me the genious of one piece lies in its world-building and in the way certain plot elements are introduced very organically over the course of the series, maybe months or even years before their relevance becomes clear until eventually their significance in incredible creative ways (for example who would have guessed that those over-the-top facial expressions that appeared throughout the series would end up being weaponized?). No detail is ever wasted every reference will at some point lead to some knd of payoff and the Dressrosa arc has just been full of such payoff from all the foreshadowing that has been piling up in so many ways. We got Ace's devil fruit returning to circulation, Sabos epic return, Dwarfs were confirmed to actually exist, we got more information about the will of D, Law's backstory was revealed as well the specifics of Doflamongo's devil fruit which were a mystery for over a decade, one of the new admirals was shown and so on.

But the most epic thing about this arc is what it means for the future of the series; just from everything that's happening this is shaping up to be the biggest game changer since Marineford, something that really pushes the plot forward and shakes up the status quo. While Fishman Island and Punk hazard were nice and all and the latter already had less of this "reintroduction" feel that two preceding arcs had, both of these stories were still very local incidents in very isolated places. And while those events had and will continue to have important repercussions, most of the really big players of the One Piece world weren't really involved that much. But with Dressrosa everything has changed. The big factions are either actively involved or have something important at stake here. Organizations that have been mostly acting in the background so far like the Revolutionary army (not counting Invankov and Inazuma during Marineford as they were acting pretty muchindependently at that time) and the Big Mom pirates are now actually moving out and taking center stage, the world government has sent an Admiral as well as vice admirals and CP0 and let's not forget that with Doflamingos' connections this might be a most critical time for the world nobles as well. And of course the Blackbeard Pirates were also present, Kaido is about to lose his smile factory, and many assorted pirates and organizations are around due to the tournament alone. Of course Doflamingo is trying to keep things secret by using his bridcage but when Luffy eventually finds a way to bring that thing down and everyone phones home, it's just like Cavendish said; The world will feel that splash. The Strawhats and Law will be on everyone's radar and things won't quiet down anytime soon. And now that the revolutionary army has gotten a bigger role than usual I expect them to come up more often from now on. Of course it's still to early to speculate about how all of this this will built up to some kind of climax of One Piece as a whole and there's always the question of how long this level of craziness can be kept up or even surpassed, but if there's on mangaka that would be able to deliver a climactic and statisfying conclusion even to a manga as long and epic as this it's Oda; that guy will always find a way to turn things up even higher.
Getting back to the recent chapters themselves... the fight against Doflamingo is turning out great. One Piece always has a lot of crazy action but really, we haven't actually seen such a full force close quarters beatdown betwen luffy and an opponent that can really physically keep up with him since he took on Rob Lucci in Enies Lobby. The introduction of a new "gear" is further heightening the similarity between those two battles, and after Luffy not having to break too much a sweat during most other battles after the time-skip this pretty much comes at the perfect moment. Gear fourth has this typical brand of Luffy ridiculousness while still being absolutely lethal, just like gear third seemed somewhat comical and impractical before we were shown its power. I wonder how much of the actual energy in Luffy's attacks in this form comes down to air compared to his muscles. Like when he sucks his fist in and lets it fly out again, is he using pneumatic pressure from the air pumped into his muscles to shoot it out or is it really mostly his compressed rubber muscles snapping back into shape making it more a case of elastic energy? If it's the second case one could argue that it's very much a copy of the bane-bane no mi's powers only translated to rubber (even though luffy couldn't really have been inspired by it as Bellamy didn't "springify" his arms until after the time-skip). The design is also quite interesting, obviously the biggest influence in terms of look is the "nightmare luffy" design from the Thriller bark arc. Although i have to say that not coating most of his torso in Haki just makes his belly seem like one hell of a weakspot that is just waiting to be poped like a balloon. But I expect there to be contermeasures against that.