Official Digimon Web Poll #59- Favorite Digivice LCD Toy

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
digimonweb_site_january20_2021.jpg

Digimon Web has opened a new fan vote. This is the 59th official web poll on the current version of the site.

We knew this one was coming based on some teases...

This time the poll description is...

The LCD toy Digital Monster is celebrating the 25th anniversary.

From 1997 to 2022 many LCD toys have appeared.

Out of the anime LCD toys, which LCD toy do you like the most?

Please vote by selecting one of the 9 products from the Digivices in the history of LCD toys, not including the anniversary products and CSA series.

digimonpoll59art_august10_2022.jpg

The choices in order on the voting page:
Digivice
D-3
D-Ark
D-Scanner
Digivice iC
Digimon Xros Loader
Digivice:
Digivice Ver. Complete
Vital Bracelet Digivice V

Voting closes August 24th.

The anime products are an interesting lineup of choices, with a number of places where the votes may split.

The poll for 'Favorite of the Digimon LCD V-Pets' had results announced recently.

The poll for 'Favorite Perfect Level Digimon from Ghost Game' closed and results will be announced soon.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 15,787

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The 02 is the best looking and I actually had multiple as a kid and had fun on it even if I sucked and never got very far

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I always love the Black D-3. The look, the color, it's beautiful.

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The D-3 is my favorite!

Yume

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Went with the D-ark. Best design in my opinion. Gotta love that strap.

andercostald

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All Digivices até great. I choose Vital Bracelet Digivice V.
This Poll confirms Appli Drive isn't a Digivice. I hope someday the inclusion of Appmon in Digimon Media outside Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters.

riderdimension

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This Poll confirms Appli Drive isn't a Digivice. I hope someday the inclusion of Appmon in Digimon Media outside Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters.
all it confirms is that the applidrive wasnt an lcd digivice toy, which it wasnt lol

SketchyVaughn

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I votes D-ark. Card slashing is just satisfying to do

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
all it confirms is that the applidrive wasnt an lcd digivice toy, which it wasnt lol
Yeah, the AppliDrive toy functions more like a CSA than a LCD Digivice

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
D-3 for sure, i've only ever owned 2 digivice toys... well more than 2 but, two types.
The D-3 which i had uh... blue and translucent purple off the top of my head.. i think i also had another one i just cant recall what color since 2000 was forever ago. Hell I cant even remember exactly which Armor Digivolving figures were actually released that i got- I know i had Submari, and Shuri, and i know i had others- never got magna.. .but trying to remember which ones i DID get is hard.

But i also had a D-power/D-Ark cant recall if i had red or green... i know my crush at the time had the blue one. I also know mine was not blue i just cant recall which color i did get.. I want to say red but again I'm not 100% certain since it was so long ago.

OH wait now that i stop and think about it i might of had a d-tector i vaguely recall having one- in the red and black, But yeah the whole punching in alphanumeric code stuff was far less appealing than the scanning function that the original JP version seemed to possess - way to let people down Bandai of america.

But yeah i'd totally vote for D-3 just cause design wise it was great, and my first Digivice toy was the US version of it.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Way to cheat by having vital bracelet count as both a vpet and a digivice lol

xm0c

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Way to cheat by having vital bracelet count as both a vpet and a digivice lol
Technically speaking the Digivice -V- and Digivice iC are closer to the V-Pets than the other Digivices are. They actually have raising mechanics and split evolution lines.

As for the Appli Drive, it's in a weird place. It's got elements of the other Digivice toys, with the random encounter battles, and it does have a tiny screen on the bottom. Plus, it was included in the Bandai Mania video on the history of the Digivices. Put it definitely feels more like a role play toy like from Sentai and Rider. Bandai has been burying Appmon for a while now.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kinda cheating to put the VBV in since it's literally the same device. I did quite like the D-Tector, the card game gimmick as a kid felt like a step up from the D-Power swiping.

Might actually have to vote for the Digivice: though, so simple, so cool looking, and didn't feel like a chore to complete like many of these can become.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Once again, I'm gonna sit this one out since, while I've read a lot about them, my direct experience with the LCD toys is very limited.

D-3 for sure, i've only ever owned 2 digivice toys... well more than 2 but, two types.
The D-3 which i had uh... blue and translucent purple off the top of my head.. i think i also had another one i just cant recall what color since 2000 was forever ago. Hell I cant even remember exactly which Armor Digivolving figures were actually released that i got- I know i had Submari, and Shuri, and i know i had others- never got magna.. .but trying to remember which ones i DID get is hard.

But i also had a D-power/D-Ark cant recall if i had red or green... i know my crush at the time had the blue one. I also know mine was not blue i just cant recall which color i did get.. I want to say red but again I'm not 100% certain since it was so long ago.

OH wait now that i stop and think about it i might of had a d-tector i vaguely recall having one- in the red and black, But yeah the whole punching in alphanumeric code stuff was far less appealing than the scanning function that the original JP version seemed to possess - way to let people down Bandai of america.

But yeah i'd totally vote for D-3 just cause design wise it was great, and my first Digivice toy was the US version of it.
Nah. To my understanding, you input codes in the Japanese D-Ark as well, with the "Card Slash" really just pressing down a couple of pins and not really needing any specific card to accomplish this. It's a shame, because when I heard that old cards were being re-released in these vintage sets, I was thinking they were getting updated to include that sturdy-looking foil edge that all the cards in the Tamers anime had (supposedly to make them compatible with a card-reader)...... but no. They just re-released those cards to include a code on them. Though, the D-Scanner seems closer to how I was initially expecting the D-Ark to function (albeit they accomplish that via barcodes).

Quinnzel

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nah. To my understanding, you input codes in the Japanese D-Ark as well, with the "Card Slash" really just pressing down a couple of pins and not really needing any specific card to accomplish this.

Though, the D-Scanner seems closer to how I was initially expecting the D-Ark to function (albeit they accomplish that via barcodes).
They were talking about the US D-Tector which lacked the barcode scanner of its Japanese counterpart and instead featured manual code entry from the accompanying D-Tector Card Game. The barcode scanner wasn't that cool btw. Damn thing was super finicky and rarely ever worked on the first attempt. I sort of suspect it might be the reason we haven't seen an anniversary edition of it.

The US D-Power to the best of my memory didn't have any sort of code entry but instead based power-ups on the speed of your slash. The pins in the side weren't as gentle as the D-Ark either and would leave streaks cosmetically ruining any normal cards that ran through it.

I too wish they had put the black strips on the anniversary set. Would have upped the screen accuracy factor a little futher. But I'm sure it also would have been a pain in the ass to align them well enough for printing as the entire design would need to be shoved to the right, practically against the edge. Room for error on the borders is necessary to avoid bleeding into other cards.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah I'm not surprised the barcode scanner didn't work all that well. And obviously if you can save a few bucks by not including something like that, why not. They could of at least I guess put a small LED in that section or something to facilitate the more of a play factor I guess. Though then kids would probably just sit around staring into said Light damaging their eyes so yeah it was probably all for the best.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I votes D-ark. Card slashing is just satisfying to do
This. Card slashing was so fun, plus the strap and pedometer function. Though I remember the card that came with the version of the D-ark released in Hong Kong would often get frayed at the corner from overuse. Still, fond memories of that game though.