Official Digimon Web Poll #53- Favorite Fusion Form Hybrid Digimon

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
digimonweb_site_january20_2021.jpg

Digimon Web has opened a new fan vote. This is the 53rd official web poll on the current version of the site.

Time for another Frontier one!

This time the poll description is...

Following the 51st and 52nd poll..

In Digimon Frontier, hybrid form Digimons appear by fusing a human with a 'spirit'.

Which is your favorite 'Fusion Form' Hybrid Digimon?

Please choose from one of the six and cast your vote!

poll53_may12_2022.jpg

The choices are in order on the voting page, with images of each:
Aldamon
Beowolfmon
Daipenmon
JetSilphymon
RhinoKabuterimon
Raihimon

Voting closes May 25th.

With the run through of Hybrid Digimon, not a shock that these were next.

The poll for 'Favorite Human Spirit Hybrid Digimon' had results announced recently.

The poll for 'Favorite Beast Spirit Hybrid Digimon' closed and results will be announced soon.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 7,757

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Weirdly enough, JetSilphymon. I like the balance it has of being weird and kinda new but still having recognizable elements of past forms. Not that Aldamon et al. aren't interesting (and the benefit of being inversed for their Ancient forms is good too) but they're a little on the nose. But Daipenmon (and to a lesser extent, RhinoKabuterimon) are just... weird.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I will vote Beowulfmon. Because he freaking summon a flaming ghosty wolf in Dynasmon style! How awesome is that?

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rhinokabuterimon easily and it's not even remotely a question, but it's going to get fourth at best and there's really no other way to take it.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Way to highlight there’s only 6/10 >_>

DaiPenmon no contest:

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very torn between Jet and Rhino. Ultimately sided with the beetleborg.

Curious to see how this one will go as I don't feel like Aldamon and Beowolfmon had enough screentime to get massive amounts of favouritism over the others. I certainly forget the Fusion forms even appeared in the anime, my brain just jumps to KaiserGreymon and MagnaGarurumon as the Ultimates.

Darklabo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Weirdly enough, JetSilphymon. I like the balance it has of being weird and kinda new but still having recognizable elements of past forms. Not that Aldamon et al. aren't interesting (and the benefit of being inversed for their Ancient forms is good too) but they're a little on the nose. But Daipenmon (and to a lesser extent, RhinoKabuterimon) are just... weird.

Same pick for the same reason.
Aldamon, Beowolfmon and Raihimon are boring, Daipenmon is out of subject, and RhinoKabuterimon would work better as a Beast Spirit (but even then, I still wouldn’t like it).
So, JetSilphymon is the default choice.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was originally going to vote the Penguin as a meme but I really don't like the designs of the Fire and Light ones, the waifu looks a little silly, and RhinoKabuterimon is meh... so I do actually think the Penguin is the best one. Really, we need to see the evil combined forms.

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It took me so long but I feel like I finally get DaiPenmon as a fusion spirit a while ago.

Aldamon, Beowulfmon and Raihimon follow a very straightforward design concept: literally mash together the visual armor elements of it's components. Keeps the general humanoid frame, looks "cool" which lends well to merch and is very easy for young viewers to get is a fusion.

The other ones are more conceptual and not linked to the main duo, so they are allowed to be more quirky and weird with - in my opinion - mixed results. I think overall DaiPenmon might be a solid but not perfect combination of elements from it's components:

1. inanimate object tied to literal ice as a concept, is made of/produces ice. Chackmon is a snowman, DaiPenmon is an ice-maker;
2. polar animal dual-wielding weapons. Blizzarmon wields two axes, DaiPenmon wields his two giant popsicles.

I feel if the color palette was kept from it's components that link would have been more obvious, but honestly, I prefer as it is.

So yeah, this might just be my headcanon, but I'm picking the penguin.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really wish we saw more of RhinoKabuterimon. Not being humanoid, it's not as easy to automatically "get" as JetSylphimon and Reichmon are (by the way, it amuses me that I can't tell if the use of "Raihimon" is a misguided censorship measure or just Bandai's usual shitty spelling). I like them all, really. Just wish that RhinoKabuterimon got more exposure. It's kind of weird that DaiPenmon has already been animated twice before the other three Frontier outcasts have gotten animated at all.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really hope this new poll will surprise me or the results will be super obvious.

It's easy to imagine JetSilphymon, RhinoKabuterimon, Daipenmon, and Raihimon will be all bottoms. The reason I posted is to surprise me because I think Daipenmon and Raihimon might win somehow.

I wonder why they allowed this posted when four Fusions never got to appear in anime (excluding Daipenmon that is pretty damned unique one to get screentime...)

I really want to see RhinoKabuterimon for its weirdness appearance in anime unless if it turned out he is really huge one like Leviamon.
Raihimon, too. He gave me impression of... Lion sage in armor. Sorta like Garo but more weaker?

Hydranoid413

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It took me so long but I feel like I finally get DaiPenmon as a fusion spirit a while ago.

Aldamon, Beowulfmon and Raihimon follow a very straightforward design concept: literally mash together the visual armor elements of it's components. Keeps the general humanoid frame, looks "cool" which lends well to merch and is very easy for young viewers to get is a fusion.

The other ones are more conceptual and not linked to the main duo, so they are allowed to be more quirky and weird with - in my opinion - mixed results. I think overall DaiPenmon might be a solid but not perfect combination of elements from it's components:

1. inanimate object tied to literal ice as a concept, is made of/produces ice. Chackmon is a snowman, DaiPenmon is an ice-maker;
2. polar animal dual-wielding weapons. Blizzarmon wields two axes, DaiPenmon wields his two giant popsicles.

I feel if the color palette was kept from it's components that link would have been more obvious, but honestly, I prefer as it is.

So yeah, this might just be my headcanon, but I'm picking the penguin.
It’s also a Cyborg type, and Chackmon has his snowball launcher

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s also a Cyborg type, and Chackmon has his snowball launcher
That's a bit weak of a connection. It's also quite common for a Digimon to suddenly become a Cyborg-type upon evolution. Unless it's an actual part of their body, using modern weaponry is not inherently related to being a cyborg.

I think a stronger connection is the 'childishness' of the concepts. When you get down to it, Chackmon is essentially based on the idea of a snowball fight exaggerated into a make-believe war; a child pretending he's a soldier firing snowball weaponry. Meanwhile, Daipenmon is a literal shaved ice maker dual-wielding popsicles.

DazzleDream

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I will probably vote for DaiPenguinmon, but JetSilphymon is a close second.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really wish we saw more of RhinoKabuterimon. Not being humanoid, it's not as easy to automatically "get" as JetSylphimon and Reichmon are (by the way, it amuses me that I can't tell if the use of "Raihimon" is a misguided censorship measure or just Bandai's usual shitty spelling). I like them all, really. Just wish that RhinoKabuterimon got more exposure. It's kind of weird that DaiPenmon has already been animated twice before the other three Frontier outcasts have gotten animated at all.
He has no detail so he’s super easy to draw.

Dathanatus

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe if Daipenmon is low enough in popularity they'll finally kick it out the Hybrid Fusions. That thing doesn't belong. I'm split between Aldamon and Raihimon, not really original but I loe them sooo.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
RhinoKabuterimon if its head was not one of the most poorly designed things in the franchise... As is, any of the four that actually look like hybrids will do. A pity we never got a creature that looks like the bottom half of Ancient Beatmon. Looks like some sort of Kuwagamon. It would have made a lot of sense as RhinoKabuterimon's counterpart.

DaiPenmon always felt...like they didn't want to design another one and just went with some leftover of a penmon line.

I am really curious about the poll seeing such diverse opinions even just among us.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm actually not that keen on most of the Hybrid Forms.

Aldamon and Beowolfmon look too similar to their componants.
JetSilphymon is weird and inventive, but just crosses the line into dumb-looking to me.
Raihimon just looks OK.

So it was a toss-up between RhinoKabuterimon and DaiPenmon.
I went with Daipenmon. He's weird and different without crossing into dumb-looking. Just riding the line.

Last edited:

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I generally like frontier designs I do find all of the fusions to have problems in their designs. Aldamon and Beowolfmon I don't quite like because they are too similar to Vritramon and Wolfmon. Daipenmon and Jetsilphymon are way too silly for an ultimate tier fusion and they really look nothing like their spirits or ancient forms. Rhinokabuterimon and Raihimon are the best of the group but I still think they have problems. Rhinokabuterimon would have worked much better if it switched places with Bolgmon and Raihimon IMO needed to have kaiserleomon's face to make it a perfect balance between beast and human components.
With all of that in mind I chose Raihimon because I really like the idea of an attack that can suspend the laws of physics.

Imperial

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Raihimon. For some reason I always resonated with this form.