Official Digimon Web Poll #26- Which Attribute is Your Favorite?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Digimon Web has opened a new fan vote. This is the 26th official web poll on the current version of the site.

This time the poll description is...

Starting March 29th, the search function of the Digimon Reference Book has evolved, making it easier to find Digimon.
So which [attribute] do you like the most among Digimon?
Vaccine, Data, Virus, etc.
Please search by [attribute] and vote the attribute that has the most Digimon you like.

They also provide a link to the reference book:

The choices are:
Vaccine
Data
Virus
Free
Variable
Unknown/No Data

Voting closes April 22nd.

The poll for 'Which Vital Bracelet Did You Buy?' had results announced recently and we just got the reference book update for BlackSeraphimon, voted for in a prior poll.

Attachments

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Vaccine and Virus attributes are solid choices. Obviously, I think Vaccine will be 1st just because. "Heroes".

Data. I voted.

Because MetalGarurumon (X and other doggies + big cats), tons of digi-ladies, DORUgoramon, Cannondramon, Bryweludramon, GranLocomon, Antiramon, MetalSeadramon, Herissmon line, Huanglongmon, Pternomon X, Mamemon X, and Pomumon!

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Renamon and Plesiomon are two of my all-time favorites, and Data has several other cool Digimon as well. That aside, the fact that they're inherently neutral on the good or evil spectrum gives them a lot more variety in concepts, rather than constantly having designs that just scream that they're a designated hero/villain made for one of the anime series.

Kyaromonfan96

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Renamon and Plesiomon are two of my all-time favorites, and Data has several other cool Digimon as well. That aside, the fact that they're inherently neutral on the good or evil spectrum gives them a lot more variety in concepts, rather than constantly having designs that just scream that they're a designated hero/villain made for one of the anime series.
I like Plesiomon too.

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I dunno, voted Virus because usually the bad guys look cooler.
Vaccine and Data is kinda interchangeable, you can't really identify if a Digimon is Vaccine or Data just by looking at its design. On the other hand, most Virus Digimon's design are very obvious.
Not a fan of Free, Variable and Unknown attributes except for Baby Digimon.

MechaMadness

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Was a bit of a tough choice since I like alot of Mons from all three of the main Attributes, but I ultimately decided on Data, with Virus being a very close second.

Momentai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Weird question. I can't find an easy answer, there are Digimon that I like from all the attributes. I'll probably go with Free

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I dunno, voted Virus because usually the bad guys look cooler.
Vaccine and Data is kinda interchangeable, you can't really identify if a Digimon is Vaccine or Data just by looking at its design. On the other hand, most Virus Digimon's design are very obvious.
Not a fan of Free, Variable and Unknown attributes except for Baby Digimon.
I would probably argue that a lot of Vaccines (especially those introduced after the anime started) all too often feature by-the-numbers "heroic" traits, but you are right that Viruses are the most easily discernable. On the other hand, a lot of viral variants of existing Digimon are typically just coating them in a black coat of paint (not that black isn't a cool color scheme for a lot of them, but it does reek of redundancy).

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would probably argue that a lot of Vaccines (especially those introduced after the anime started) all too often feature by-the-numbers "heroic" traits, but you are right that Viruses are the most easily discernable. On the other hand, a lot of viral variants of existing Digimon are typically just coating them in a black coat of paint (not that black isn't a cool color scheme for a lot of them, but it does reek of redundancy).
That doesn't explain why Gabumon's line have 2 Vaccine and 2 Data. Palmon's line being the only one with all Data, what makes her less heroic than the other main Digimon? Leomon is Vaccine, but his evolution SaberLeomon is Data? What's heroic about an abomination like MarinChimairamon?

There're also black variant Digimon that's not Virus like BlackGaogamon, BlackRapidmon, BlackStingmon, etc. So it's not exclusively a Virus thing.

AquaKai

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Recolors is just a lazy way of adding to the numbers, so I usually disregard those.
I haven't a real preference between the 3 main attributes, because, as many already pointed out: Vaccines tend to be righteous (which I identify with), Data have the narrative flexibility of being neutral and Viruses have cool design (not that the other two are lacking in that).
I also agree with Free, Variable and Unknown/No Data being too much. Free and Variable sound too much alike and while it was a cool concept letting you change the Attribute of a Digimon with the time of training in the D-3, I think it shouldn't be exclusive to some species.
I prefer "No Data" to "Unknown" as a term and I agree to using it only for babies.

So I'm not sure if I'll vote, but in that case I'd probably go for Data, to be neutral.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The joke here is that I'd pick the No Data/Unknown. But I'd have to see who's in these categories first.

Ultimamon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Virus.

They get a bad rap for being largely associated with evil Digimon. But produced some of the coolest looking designs in the franchise.

Mon-Ohma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Data always seems to be the type that get’s caught in between the good/evil aspect of Vaccine/Virus. So I tend to lean towards its underdog status.

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I also agree with Free, Variable and Unknown/No Data being too much. Free and Variable sound too much alike and while it was a cool concept letting you change the Attribute of a Digimon with the time of training in the D-3, I think it shouldn't be exclusive to some species.
I prefer "No Data" to "Unknown" as a term and I agree to using it only for babies.
I swear, Free and Variable almost feels like Bandai's way of saying "We were too lazy to come up with attributes for all these Armors and Hybrids, so they're just able to become any of them depending on the time of day/their opponent" (though more so Variable, since they at least tried to give all the 02 Digimon proper attributes in the card game). Unknown kinda makes sense for making a lot of major villains something of an anomaly that don't fit into any of the traditional attributes, and "none" fits Baby Digimon who simply haven't developed into an attribute yet. I do like that Cyber Sleuth and recent V-pets have started simply categorizing all of these miscellaneous attributes under Free as one neutral attribute, though it's a shame that this poll didn't feel the same way (especially Free and Variable, as separately, they're almost exclusive to Armors and Hybrids respectively).