Official Digimon Web Poll #14- How Long Have You Been a Digimon Fan?

Virus Cleaver

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Over 20 years now and counting, since I picked up the original Digital Monster at Toys 'R' Us in 1998 because it had a dinosaur on it. Lol. The rest is history.
My story's similar. I wanna say we somehow got the English edition vpet quite some time before localized 01 started airing. Like, there's this toy store downtown and they'd often have weird stuff from all over, old and new. And I was really into virtual pets at the time and this was a DIGITAL MONSTER, so obviously I had to have one. Then the first episode dropped, I made the connection, and I've been on this ride ever since.

Starrynight

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I started watching and playing Digimon cartoons and toys in year circa 1999 or early 2000 during my late teens period. Now I'm in my middle age period, unlike Andy from Toy Story 4, i never let go or give away my Digimon toys. Can't believe it's almost 20 years!

I like Digimon cartoons more than Pokemon because it deal with real life issues like confidence, self identity, self worth, depression, sacrifice, teamwork, dealing with grief, sorrow, being firm in one's belief, trust , forgiveness, manipulation, sincerity, etc. Pokemon cartoons are more comedic than serious.

Last edited:

Zekkaina Solo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don't have a very good memory, but I distinctively remember watching Digimon on Jetix back when that block was still a thing. Definitely before Data Squad though.
Same! I was introduced to the first four seasons of Digimon through the Jetix block on ABC Family (along with Beyblade and Power Rangers, LOL), so I guess that was 2004 ish? So I guess that's 16 years ... Around 2012 or so I rewatched the same first four seasons with my brother and was pleasantly surprised how well the series held up, fell in love with Tamers (because when I first watched it I think I was thrown off by the cast change and card game element), and we later caught up with Data Squad and watched Digimon Fusion on Nick, stumbled onto these forums and lurked for years until Digimon Tri came out and I finally made an account.

Looking forward to see what the poll results are!