Official Digimon Web Poll #14- How Long Have You Been a Digimon Fan?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Digimon Web has opened a new fan vote. This is the 14th official web poll on the current version of the site.

This time the poll description is...

Thank you for visiting Digimon Web.
Time flies, it's been 8 months since the site renewal.
Digimon has been around for over 20 years, how long have you been a Digimon fan?

So, how long have you been a Digimon fan?

The selections given in order are...
less than a year
About 2 to 3 years
About 4 to 5 years
About 6 to 9 years
About 10 to 15 years
Over 16 years

Voting closes October 15th.

The poll for 'which Adult Digimon You Want to Fight Alongside' had it's results announced recently.

The polls for which Perfect Digimon You Want to Fight Together With and which Digimon you think is the strongest are having results tallied up and will be announced soon.

Attachments

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This...may be the most useful/interesting one yet, eh?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well this should be interesting. I actually think 16+ years will end up winning since Digimon has a big fanbase of long term fans.

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Over 20 years now and counting, since I picked up the original Digital Monster at Toys 'R' Us in 1998 because it had a dinosaur on it. Lol. The rest is history.

Shikshin

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh gosh I don't even remember what year I started watching, but it's definitely more than 16 years ago. I do wonder how many people started watching more recently before the new Digimon Adventure:

Strontium

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is a hard question for me personally. I watched part of Adventure when it aired in the U.S., but the episode where Piedmon turns the kids into keychains scared me so much that I tried to distance myself from the franchise. But I had friends with Digimon toys and I was always intrigued... It wasn't until ninth grade when I got back into Digimon, and my interest has been continuous from that point. That would be 11 years which is respectable in itself.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If I'm not mistaken, Digimon debuted here in 2001 so that would be nineteen years ago for me. :unsure:

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here I am, the mythical (relatively) recent fan. I had seen some of Adventure before, but never finished it, until I sat down and binged every show shortly before tri was announced. This puts me in the 6-9 year category. I really doubt many people will fall into this group, but maybe some Xros Wars fans will.

theshannza

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One of my earliest memories is sitting on my mother lap watching agumon digivolve to greymon for the first time

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I remember watching Adventure 01, 02 and Tamers on TV when I was 6-12 years old, that's at least 14 years.
But they never showed Frontier so my interest in Digimon died down until the first movie of Tri. Only then I binge watched Frontier, Savers and Xros Wars and the hype reignited.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's somewhere around the 16 year mark for me, I didn't really get into the series until I caught the Frontier reruns and after that point I started getting more interested in the franchise.

VampireAngemon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One of my earliest memories is sitting on my mother lap watching agumon digivolve to greymon for the first time
You literally made me cry happiness tears :)
As for me, it's around 20 years, I can't really remember if it was in 2000 or 2001 when I heard of the franchise when a younger friend was jesting about Digimon beign caught in "digi-sacks" xD

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dang i feel old now but it's nice to think about those good timezms me waking up to make time so i can see Digimon as a kid for me I'm pretty sure 20 years now.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I remember watching Digimon when I was still attending a grade school, so also over 20 years now.

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don't have a very good memory, but I distinctively remember watching Digimon on Jetix back when that block was still a thing. Definitely before Data Squad though.

I believe my interest in the franchise got relit when I saw an opening of Xros Wars and watched a couple of its episodes on YouTube back when it was still decent.

Mattman324

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I dunno what year I first got into Digimon, but it was definitely more than 16 years ago. Might have been 2000? Or maybe 2001. I'm not sure.

icomeanon6

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With the caveat that I lost interest in Digimon roughly between ages 9 and 14, I got on board sometime during the first run on Fox Kids, probably late 1999. So almost 21 years since I first fell in love with Digimon, and probably still over 16 even minus the years I wasn't paying any attention to it at all. Anyway, this poll sure is going to make a bunch of us feel old, lol.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...Well this is obvious. So when did Adventure air on US TV? That's when.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't remember when exactly I first started watching but it was either in 2000 or 2001 when the Cantonese dub of Adventure was airing, so definitely over 16 years for me!