Official Digimon Web Poll #13- Which Digimon Do You Think is the Strongest?

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Breakdramon: nearly destroyed the digital world in backstory of cross wars, oddly a more impressive feat than anything examon has done
Not sure if anime/manga/video game portrayals of Digimon would even count.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Boltboutamon - it destroyed the Dark Area, defeated all seven Demon Lords, Alter-B, and the Protagonist. It tanked a combined group attack from Lucemon, Beelzemon, Alter-B, and the Protagonist and didn't even take any damage and the only reason it chose not to destroy the World is because it found beating everyone up to be too fun.

Oh and for those mentioning Shoutmon X7F Superior Mode - it's not in the DRB so doesn't qualify.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I always considered and probably always will ZeedMillenniummon the strongest Digimon out there. Time travel is one thing, but another thing is that Zeed is almost immortal thanks to that ("you killed yesterday's Zeed, and immediatelly are attacked by a 2 days ago Zeed"). But if we would read the lore behind the Digimons, some other probably could be even stronger or even more immortal (like Ogudomon that cannot be touched).

Last edited:

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't take any of the Millenniumon evolution line seriously because most of their appearances involve getting owned by a wide variety of decidedly underwhelming Ultimate level (or lower!) Digimon and acting tsundere towards Ryo. I feel like Millenniumon is more annoyingly tenacious than actually powerful...

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ogudomon X hands down. He's quite literally the "anti-yggdrasil" and is undefeatable by anyone other than Jesmon GX. And even then Jesmon GX needed the help of the other royal knights and an entire army of X digimon to defeat him.

Mattman324

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You guys, it's clearly Raremon. Let me explain:

~It's "unable to die" and therefore immortal.
~Even acting only on instinct it instantly defeats all Child level Digimon
~Its body is broken down. You know who else's body is also broken down? Death-Xmon. And Death-Xmon is pretty powerful too, but Raremon has a Digicore so it's got to be stronger.

QED it's Raremon, everyone else can go home.

(My answer, as always, is this, but I did actually vote Raremon)

I can't take any of the Millenniumon evolution line seriously because most of their appearances involve getting owned by a wide variety of decidedly underwhelming Ultimate level (or lower!) Digimon and acting tsundere towards Ryo. I feel like Millenniumon is more annoyingly tenacious than actually powerful...
Every time someone talks about how powerful Milleniummon was I am reminded that one of them canonically lost like four goddamn times, including once as Z'd, and always to Digimon that were supposed to be weaker, and then got sulky and quit.

Just, you know, food for thought.

Tarama

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jesmon GX without other RKs = no Knights' Intruder.

Jesmon GX with other RKs > Jesmon GX.

That's what I think about Jes GX. It's not, for me, stronger than both Alpha O and Omega X.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What if Arkadimon Baby actually made it?

Well it's true Jesmon GX required the entire Royal Knight groups for "Knights' Intruder but did you forget about his Unlimitive Gauntlet, Tactical Arms and Seiken Meppa? Not sure about OS although...

TBC1

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Its hard, cause Zeed Millenniumon has time travel stuff, has an attack that bombards you with space and time, that while it doesn't say its instant death like Jesmon GX's Knight's Intruder, Time Destroyer has yet to have a graze not destroy its target. Grace Novamon is Big Bang aka universe level so there is that. I think Grace However is weaker than Jesmon GX as GX's Knight's Intruder is pretty much paracausal, it breaks the rules. It shouldn't exist, so I think that allows it to break Big Bang level. Thing is Zeed Millenniumon can't be the strongest as something sealed it, and had it been unsealed its supposed destructive capabilities are immense. However given that it was once unsealed, and the digital world exists, while bad it isn't instant ruin meaning Zeed Millenniumon has an unknown digimon stronger than it, or capable of restricting it, and even unbound isn't strong enough to instantly destroy the digital world, so at best its onpar with Jesmon GX unchained and possibly a bit stronger, maybe with more wide sweeping control but not fast or strong enough to instantly destroy the digital world. Jesmon GX has a oneshot, and the expected durability and more of Jesmon X. For all we know Zeed Millenniumon could be a time traveling glass cannon, but I think that won't be a huge threat to digimon like Jesmon who can say screw the rules, and Alphamon who also screws with time. Grace could even be stronger than Zeed if Grace is its on entity that in a way exists outside the universe. but the reference book is weird. it says it has big-bang class energy which means universal, but then says it could be a standalone galaxy. if it has universal energy but is only the physical capabilities of a galaxy, somethings off. I'd say Grace is Universal and by that could be outside of Zeed's shenanigans, and maybe even Jesmon, or at the very least has the power to shut it down first. So i'd say Grace is a ambiguous choice and due to the amount of oneshots, its about which of the oneshot digimon has the best durability. which I say Zeed's time shenanigans give it. can't hit what wasn't there. Razielmon has a move that just miracles a win, but it may end up a tie so... I don't know there. probably Razielmon now because it has an attack that will always win somehow even if we don't know how to beat say Zeed, that attack will.

TLDR(or I ended up making it a pain to read so you skipped): I think its Razielmon because Sefer Raziel says your going down even if we have no clue how, when are why. It maybe a tie but its the one attack thats going to defeat the target, cause it can't miss and unless you stealth kill a digimon that knows everything thats going to and did happen... yeah thats gonna be tough. (though I wonder how it works with time travel changing things.)

DragonicEmperor

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I find it kind of hard tbh. Every Mega Digimon's description is essentially "I fuck up shit anyways no matter how strong you are."

On that note, GraceNovamon. That's a big boi.

PhantomPhoenix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I voted Jesmon GX as he's ascended beyond the X antibody and is the combined force of the Royal Knights

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lucemon X, It literally says he’s basically more powerful than God And can do whatever the heck he wants

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Clockmon can time travel too. Time travel isn't a power that makes you more powerful.

Chisana Minamoto

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I personally vote for Zeed. But I think the strongest is the one who managed to place chains on him.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Grace could even be stronger than Zeed if Grace is its on entity that in a way exists outside the universe.
It doesn't. I don't see why people would think it does. The whole galaxy thing never about his literal size, even the profile doesn't claim this, it only makes claim about his large "data size". And sure it's big, but we have an official size comparison in the art book ver20th that shows that Examon reaches at least up to GraceNovamon's knees, so it's not even the size of a mountain. Ceresmon and ElDoradimon are likely as big or bigger than him (they were not in the artbook since they are not in ver.20th V-pet) and no one puts them in top then lists only because of their size.

it says it has big-bang class energy which means universal, but then says it could be a standalone galaxy. if it has universal energy but is only the physical capabilities of a galaxy, somethings off.
Big Bangs aren't that big of a deal in Digimon absolutely don't come with universal power or anything. Seraphimon can attack with power of the Big Bang, so can Ancient Volcamon (although the profile does specify that the big bang is "small"), and quite possibly Apocalymon. And we've seen all of those Digimon get taken out, some easier than others.

Thing is Zeed Millenniumon can't be the strongest as something sealed it
I'm not saying Zeed is the strongest but I don't really agree with that reasoning... couldn't the circumstance that it was merely sealed also mean that whoever did it was weaker than him, too weak to actually properly defeat and kill him?

I always considered and probably always will ZeedMillenniummon the strongest Digimon out there. Time travel is one thing, but another thing is that Zeed is almost immortal thanks to that ("you killed yesterday's Zeed, and immediatelly are attacked by a 2 days ago Zeed").
The fact that the Ryo games are even beatable proves that ZeedMillenniummon's time travel powers simply don't work like that and never have.

(My answer, as always, is this, but I did actually vote Raremon)
The only point that can be taken from the video is that Stan Lee didn't understand the actual question, or at least the context of it.
When asking the sort of question the context is not some sort of new potential story that can grant any character any sort of power by the power of authorship, the assumption is that the question would be answered by reasoning from the collective evidence that exists until now.

That new "evidence" in form of future stories can arise was never questioned. And of course it is vital to assume that the past evidence actually means something. Part of that is the basic rule that well constructed fiction should strive for consistent rules and keep illogical things in general to a minimum (or at least be upfront about the irregularities it presents), another part is that you just kind of couldn't have any sort of argument about it otherwise.
Maybe there are some people that would simply say "then maybe they just shouldn't have the argument", but that introduces an completely arbitrary element about what discussions are worth having or not usually just based on personal bias.
Personally I absolutely think that most arguments about fictional strength on the internet are argued terribly but that has nothing to do with the theoretical validity of the discussion. Similarly, the worth of the questions that alchemy sought to answer is also not impacted by the fact that most alchemy ended up being half baked magical thinking; The topics were valid, only the tools were crude.

But going back to the point of arbitrariness, it's bizarre to assume that the argument given in the video only impacts the matter of fights and strength. The opinion of the writer can overturn anything, so if "it's pointless because the writer can do whatever he wants" is taken as a valid argument any and all discussion over any aspect of any sort of ongoing fiction is basically pointless.

Why should we discuss a character's character development if the writers could at any point decide to undo it and change the personality when they feel like it? Why would anyone want to discuss the plot of a story when the writer could just feel like abandoning all plot points and derail the story with some deus ex machina? Why discuss shipping when... -oh wait, shipping is actually pointless.

Anyway most discussion about fiction requires the implicit assumption that what we have seen will not randomly be negated and that valid conclusions can be drawn from the information we have observed so far, be it about fights, love triangles, the economy, a character's motives etc. If the only argument about a topic is that any attempt at logic is invalid because the writer is above logic then that's not explaining anything, it's just abandoning the discussion by giving up and moving the goalposts outside the story.

If it is permitted to simply abandon the fictional context of the story anything can be argued away.
Some people would say that WarGreymon very soundly defeated MetalSeadramon in Adventure.
But that can be disproven. After all we never saw that defeat, because we never even saw WarGreymon or MetalSeadramon. All we saw was a bunch of lines and colored in areas that our brains mistakenly identified as a WarGreymon and a MetalSeadramon, even though neither of them were actually on the screen; No, all that was on the screen was a bunch of pixels. And you might have though that WarGreymon was pretty fast but again, none of them were moving at at all, in truth it was just a bunch of completely still images that were shown in rapid enough successions to trick your brain, so claiming that they moved or did anything is wrong. No one won this fight because it was all an illusion, no fight ever happened, and to finish the whole thing off, WarGreymon and MetalSeadramon aren't even real! How can one beat the other when neither of them exist?
We have been lied to all this time.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know this is very hard. I couldn't figure out what to pick. It's almost impossible to figure out which is actually strongest. I do want to see how this turns out.

Mon-Ohma

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Best guess it will be Omegamon-Something-Something-Mode. That will inevitably be released at some point in the future. :p

Until then, I'll go with Reapermon/Gokumon, because... *Spam attack combos*

Last edited:

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lol. Most likely. They'll probably give the X Antibody to Merciful Mode, Alter-B or Zwart DEFEAT at some point. That would be broke for sure, considering like Alter-B already has the power to destroy entire parallel worlds, destroying all barriers that separate all digital universes with energy equaling the "Big Bang" (light of creation itself) according to Digimon World -next order- and Merciful Mode evolved from a Super Ultimate already that then combines with six other Ultimate Digimon. I can see them doing something like that though. I agree.

Using the Dragonball comparison again, like how many transformations or perfected states of a god form or a power only they can reach like "Ultra Instinct" can there be? It just keeps going and going.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Normally, anybody point out whose is the strongest Digimon but all I see are mostly special abilities, battle techniques, unique power+weapons, and Ultra level/Super Ultimate. So... Nobody talks about the strongest weapon? Not that Legend Arms and Omega Blade I mean... Vulcanusmon said to make a new weapon to fit the situation depending on with his hands. Surely he isn't the type to battle but his unique ability is something.