Official Digimon April Fools Joke- Omedamon & Medabots April Fools Joke- OmegaKnight

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Oh that's a good one from the Digimon team...

Proper translated profile details soon, but it's Omedamon, born from the data of 'that one game' that became popular at the end of the 20th century.

Quicky for now...

Omedamon
Level- Ultimate
Type- Holy Mechanical
Attribute- Vaccine
Techniques- Scissors Sword and Beetle Cannon

An unidentified saint Digimon that strayed from the digital world of another dimension. It was born from the data of that "one game", which became popular in another dimension at the end of the 20th century. It has the courage to face any difficulty without backing down.

Its armor, called the super-metal "Cypratium Digizoid", which has a self-healing nanomachine function, can completely recover the damage suffered in combat by the next round. In addition, it is equipped with a beam-like cloak on its back reminiscent of an old piece of clothk.

It's deadly technique is the Beetle Cannon, a weapon of the left arm that shoots the enemy with a salvo and the sword on the right arm that splits any enemy with the Scissors Sword.

They put up a HUGE version of the above art. We've set the smaller image above to act as a link to the massive version when clicked if you want it.

Update- They put up a rough drawing of it.

The text with it reads:
April Fools! Actually, 'Omedamon', released today, was made with the desire to give fun posts that would make you feel bright. It was a collaboration with @medarotsha. Be sure to check out the rough drawings!
And another tweet right after:
And the Omedamon Digimon Picture Book release today is until 6pm. Check it out now!

Update- In a tweet, As'Maria identifies that he was in charge of the design for Omedamon.

And from Medabots...

It's the mighty Medabot OmegaKnight!

OmegaKnight
OMG Type

A mysterious Medabot in the form of a holy knight. It has been developed based on the data of 'a game of battle' that was popular in the 20th century. When battle begins, he deploys a gun and a large sword built into his arms. He can destroy countless enemies in an instant.

Medaparts

Head- All-Deleter <Radar Sight>
Right Arm- Garuru Blaster <Hyper Beam>
Left Arm- Gray Slasher <Sword>
Leg- Multi Type <Bipedal>

Some great April Fools joke from Digimon and Medabots.

[One bit of disclosure. I've worked on the Medabots franchise.]

Attachments

Last edited:

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's awesome! Someone ressurect the Medabots franchise so this become oficial, please.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Oh that's a good one from the Digimon team...

Full translated profile details soon, but it's Omedamon, born from the data of 'that one game' that became popular at the end of the 20th century.

Quicky for now...

Omedamon
Level- Ultimate
Type- Holy Mechanical
Attribute- Vaccine
Techniques- Scissors Sword and Beetle Cannon

An unidentified saint digimon that strayed from the digital world of another dimension. It was born from the data of that "one game",which became popular in another dimension at the end of the 20th century. It has the courage to face any difficulty without backing down.

Its armor, called the super-metal "Cypratium Digizoid", which has a self-healing nanomachine function, can completely recover the damage suffered in combat by the next round. In addition, it is equipped with a beam-like cloak on its back reminiscent of an old piece of clothk.

It's deadly technique is the Beetle Cannon, a weapon of the left arm that shoots the enemy with a salvo and the sword on the right arm that splits any enemy with the Scissors Sword.
I was expecting something like Omekamon, but this honestly looks way too cool to just be a joke Digimon lol. I want this to be real.

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I legit thought it was a Herakle Kabuterimon x Gran Kuwagamon jogress for a second, lol

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ayy, Medabots. That sure brings back memories, that series was the first set of video games I bought from Japan after learning Japanese. I wish they'd bring a new game to the Switch already.

Anyways, Omedamon looks really cool and it's a shame to be wasted on an April Fool's joke.

The Golux

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd read it more like

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd read it more like

Changed it to that. My tools were having some issues in general with the text.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omedamon sure look epic for a joke. Even this design got X Antibody of Jesmon GX's energy gauntlet. So it'd be much better if Omekamon able to evolve into this Omedamon.

I'm so sure they were done with creating Omegamon clones but even to this joke as an excuse to design up another clones of Omegamon lol

I can imagine Omedamon being jogress of HerakleKabuterimon X and GrandisKuwagamon just because.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The medabots Omnimon actually looks really cool. Not as much of a fan of the "Digimon" though lol. Since its in the DRB I hope it winds up being a real Digimon in the long run and doesn't get removed a day later lol. A crossover like this just starting as a bit of a joke would be cool.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh that's a good one, very nice. I wish they'd localize a new Medabot title (or one of the old ones on the Virtual Console or something...).

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ironically enough, in the newest entry in the Medabots franchise, the protagonist's partner in the mobile game "Medabots S: Unlimited Nova" is Cross Messiah, a Medabot that combines the designs of Metabee and Rokusho.

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
God my childhood Medabots was one of my favorite animes to watch as a kid and it was always my dream to see Dukemon and Omegamon in Medabot form since i always thought they would look pretty cool though at least I got one part of it.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even though it's just another omegamon, I wish it was real.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added the rough artwork and messages they posted regarding it.

HawkG

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is perfect as I'm going through Medabots right now. This is rad.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope we end up with a couple of these over the years with stuff like B-Da-Man, Beyblade, Gundam, and dare I sare... dem Pocket Monstrosities. Make them into a group lol

aww I saw theyll be taking it down

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm sure it stands for 'Omega', but OMG is exactly how I feel about this crossover. These are just too fun, haha.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't explain in words how happy this makes me. I was maybe six years old when I was assembling Medabot models from parts you detach from sheets and I would stare at the completed toys and take in how cool the designs were and how much I wish I had a Metabee or Rokusho. This series was so short lived over in the US but remained a thing I would always remember and want to come back

when did they say this? I'm glad it happened in general but I definitely want Omedamon to stay

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
when did they say this? I'm glad it happened in general but I definitely want Omedamon to stay
marc edited the OP to include this:

"And the Omedamon Digimon Picture Book release today is until 6pm. Check it out now!" so itll be removed in 5 hours

its canon in our hearts