Odaiba Memorial 2022

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
odaibamemorialfeature_july31_2020.jpg

It's already August 1st in Japan, so... time for Odaiba Memorial! Or Odaiba Day, or Digimon Day, whichever name you use!

The last few years have been pretty good for Digimon fans. We've had a big movie, we're on our 2nd recent TV series, the card game is doing well. We're now starting to get proper news for the new movie announced next year, the Vital Bracelet is getting an upgrade (and a western version), Survive has just come out. Plus the endless waves of figures & other merchandise seems to never end. Also waiting for more news on the Adventure: dub and upcoming Blu-rays in the US!

The franchise is at the moment on a general upswing that began with the Adventure 15th anniversary (making it once again one of the top franchises for Toei & Bandai), and it feels like anything could pop up at any time.

I know lots of people do art or other things on 8/1, so if you want to share feel free. Or just share any Digimon memories you have if you want to.

A lot of other fun stuff is coming up soon...

We are also retweeting various Digimon art people are posting today over on our Twitter.

It's been a pretty huge time for news in general, just from the past few days.

Will update with anything interesting that shows up also as/if time allows., as various people involved with the brand sometimes share fun things around 8/1.

Megahobby, maker of many Digimon figures.

Digimon Web added some social art and a message...

odaibasocial_july31_2022.jpg

Agumon, Pulsemon, & Gammamon are having lots of fun at a BBQ🍖🏕️
Oh❓Something appears to be peeking from behind🤔
Enjoy today to the fullest❗😆

Toei Museum posted a few images...
toeimuseum_81_1_july31_2022.jpg
toeimuseum_81_2_july31_2022.jpg

Art of Tai on their chalkboard, plus an Agumon plush.

The general massive wave of tweets has made searching some stuff out hard, but Atori Shigematsu (Piyomon in Adventure) has been posting memories of past years at DigiFes and around 8/1...

Megumi Han tweeted a few images. Digimon fans would likely know her best as Takeru in the Adventure PSP game and Adventure:, but she was also Airu in Hunters & Nokia in the CS games, along with a few other roles.

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 12,326
Last edited:

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Happy 8/1!

Happy to see Pulsemon (2020), Gammamon (2021), and Espimon (2022) in one artwork.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Woo! 23 years! It's been a good time this past year or so. You really can't tell what's going to happen next. I kind of like that. So glad to hear about this.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Happy Odaiba day! I'm excited to see all the Digimon art that comes from today!