Next Order on PS4 Is Out! Discussion Thread for the Game

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With it being midnight on the East Coast Next Order is now officially out in North America (obviously our friends in a few places had their release a few days ago.)

Image Thumbnail

For physical buyers most people are either waiting for stores to open on Tuesday or for a package delivery, but anyone who pre-ordered it digitally should have access to the game now.

Thought a nice easy place to have new discussions about it would be helpful, so here you go.

Those who want to nab it digitally can at the Playstation Store.

Amazon of course is still selling it also (affiliate link.)

The Playstation Store has removed any mention of pre-order bonus items at this point now that the game is out. Amazon is still listing them for now.

Enjoy the game if you're getting it!

Shikou

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First off I somehow didn't pay much attention to news for this game when it was still just a Vita game. I was very surprised by many of the things it pays homage to (Digimon World 1 as far as I know). I am a bit sad about the news of no Vita release because I enjoyed playing Cyber Sleuth on the go and have miles of fun with it but still better than nothing. At least we're still getting Digimon games again. I plan to import the Vita version at some point soon so Im not as salty as a lot of people (no language barrier ether because I know Japanese).

As for my first impressions, it left me in "aww" whenever I hear a BGM remix or sound effect that is a reference to Digimon World 1. I loved how they put in the same cues and references to said game in this because its very nostalgic. First Digimon World Tri now this game giving me the nostalgia and feeling like a kid again. The battle system I feel like it will take time to get used to. At first it might seem like a mess but Im sure at the end of the game I'll have it mastered.

A pretty good start, cant wait to see what the game has to offer next and see what the Vita version is like and have just as much fun with that when I eventually get it from Japan.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A pretty good start, cant wait to see what the game has to offer next and see what the Vita version is like and have just as much fun with that when I eventually get it from Japan.
It's worth mentioning is the general consensus on the Vita version is that it just isn't very good. The game doesn't run that well, has balancing issues, and just general issues all around.

While we have no official statement as to why they didn't bring us the Vita version it appears to be twofold:
1. As mentioned above, the game just wasn't very good, and would no doubt create issues at releasing a 'nice' version and a far worse version on the Vita.
2. The Vita market in North America and Europe has fallen off a cliff.

If you want to get the Vita version be aware you won't be getting something 'equal' to what you have on PS4.

UlforceGreymon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How long is Digimon World Next Order

I am going to buy the game anyway but i wanted to ask to people who have completed that game how long did it take you to complete that game. How long is the main story. And how long would the game be if you did side quest.

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I had to cancel my order, sadly. A huge bill came up and I don't get my refund for a week or so. I did manage to get the DLC otherwise, but the PSN won't accept the codes for some places in the US yet.

TPappas1991

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Got my copy today. I'm playing with the English dub, so far the cast is

Announcer at the game's title screen: Stephanie Sheh
Takuto (Male Character): Unsure, but I think that it's Todd Haberkorn
WarGreymon: Kyle Hebert reprising the role from tri.
MetalGarurumon: Definitely Kirk Thornton
Jijimon: Not sure, but he sounds familiar.

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Forlorn hope time here: can anyone tell me if when you select the Japanese audio the subs (or anything else besides the voice actors) use the proper terms?

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Forlorn hope time here: can anyone tell me if when you select the Japanese audio the subs (or anything else besides the voice actors) use the proper terms?
Like what exactly? I'm about 10 mins in the game and Jijimon keeps saying Mugendramon but the text keeps saying Machinedramon if that's what you mean.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The text is what I meant. I was 99.99% certain it would use the dub terminology, but I had to ask.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I've been hearing stories that 99% of the game's script is directly copied from the Vita Chinese version's English script. And apparently has a host of errors, misspellings, inconsistent terminology, and apparently a bunch of non-localized Digimon names, like Omegamon?

Can anyone confirm?

isshak_gravi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I've been hearing stories that 99% of the game's script is directly copied from the Vita Chinese version's English script. And apparently has a host of errors, misspellings, inconsistent terminology, and apparently a bunch of non-localized Digimon names, like Omegamon?

Can anyone confirm?
I'm a bit biased but I can confirm this is not the case and the script is great!

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Unexpected official reply!! I'll take your word for it, but I'm curious if you can tell us why the sudden localized usage of "Omegamon" instead of "Omnimon"?

isshak_gravi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Unexpected official reply!! I'll take your word for it, but I'm curious if you can tell us why the sudden localized usage of "Omegamon" instead of "Omnimon"?
I'm not sure why you think it's "sudden"?

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, because he's always been Omnimon in literally every other piece of English-language media?

I mean, I'm personally happy for the reversion back to the original Japanese name, I'm just curious why it happened now.

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm personally quite confused myself (although disappointed, rather than pleased). Machinedramon and Beelzemon and Digivolution all kept the dub names...why did only Omnimon change?

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, inconsistent dub terms aren't really a surprise to me. It's fine. Same thing happened with Cyber Sleuth. Not to mention all the times it's happened in other games & anime.

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually, Cyber Sleuth was consistent to whatever the most recent dub term was, from Fusion backwards.

Also Taomon's voice is the same as from the Tamers anime! My sister and I nearly cried at the nostalgia of that, so Omegamon aside, certainly not put off by the game itself so far at all!

Kaiser Sephiroth

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The soundtrack is part of a digital code and not a physical copy. If you were hoping for physical versions, you're out of luck.

Seraphimon-T.K.

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Bandai Namco VIP europe users can download the Preorder DLC stuff + the OST's for free!

It's a nice thing since we didn't have a preorder campaing here in Europe :) The game so far is great, a huge improvement from the PSvita version, but its miles away from any other true ps4 game. Now I just need enough free time to play the game T_T

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
but its miles away from any other true ps4 game. Now I just need enough free time to play the game T_T
I think that's overly exagerrated statement about the graphic bcos I found it beautiful in some aspects. Not bad but also nothing spectacular for PS4 title, bcos it used Unity engine