Next Order Gameplay Trailer and New Digimon, Updated- More Info

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bandai has put up a new Next Order trailer with quite a bit of gameplay in it.

The trailer shows off various gameplay elements plus a few evolutions.

With the game less than 2 weeks away we weren't expecting much in the way of surprises, but it appears Bandai did have one thing up their sleeve.

Image Thumbnail

A new Digimon!

This Digimon, Boltboutamon, shows up in the post main story content.

He's created from a Piedmon absorbing a Myotismon.

After you defeat him you will be able to get him as one of your Digimon.

His attack is translated as “Palazzi Valzer”, which is fired from his sword "Spiedini."

Digimon World Next Order is currently available for pre-order in the USA at Amazon (affiliate link.)

We're keeping the prior thread open for digihunt related content.

Thanks to DATS24 for the heads up and Gematsu/Games Talk for the image and info about the new Digimon.

Update- Changed the Digimon name and attack based on discussing it with shin and garm.

Update- Changed the name of the Digimon again after Bandai-Namco Europe has referred to him as Boltboutamon.

Update- Further translations for Boltboutamon aren't available at the moment, but Bandai-Namco Europe did toss this over to us.

Image Thumbnail

I believe this is the first time we have an official translation for Meicrackmon's attack, which a number of people had called 'Berserk Thinking.' Ironically I don't believe we know Meicrackmon's official English name yet. Bandai-Namco EU's social media person isn't in the office, but when they are hopefully we can get this info (they think it might be Maycrackmon, but take it with a grain of salt until we get solid info.)

Update- We have official art of Boltboutamon, along with text from Bandai about some of the new features in the upgraded version. Thanks to Gematsu for the heads up. This also confirms Maycrackmon as the name for Meicoomon's evolution.

Image Thumbnail

Armageddemon
Armageddemon is a powerful Mega form Digimon that you will discover during a brand-new dungeon in the Dimensional District. Once you complete Story Mode, you will have to defeat him to save the Digital World.

Meicoomon and Maycrackmon
Meicoomon and Maycrackmon, both from Digimon Adventure Tri., are also joining the Digital World for new adventures.

Network Battles
Players can experience Network Battles thanks to the Dimensional Box at Jijimon’s house. Face other players in a retro atmosphere and gain points from your fights to unlock different kinds of rewards.

Free Post-Launch DLC
After the release of the game, players will be able to enjoy new content thanks to free downloadable content. Piedmon, Myotismon, and the fearful Boltboutamon are all joining during a new, mysterious event. Several other events, involving different Digimon such as Piedmon, Tukaimon, or Sorcermon, will also be available.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if it's BoltBautamon or VoltoBautamon. Volto and Bauta are both types of carnival mask... Of course, this being Digimon, his mask is neither of them. His attack is "Parazivarutsaa," which I'm assuming is meant to be Italian, though I don't know Italian well enough to guess what it is.

sirtao

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's probably PalazziValzer: Palazzi means "Palaces", Valzer is italian for "Waltz".

"Spiedini" is literally "skewers". Look for it on Google and you get how he uses his weapons.

Also, he's called "Demon Duke" by the captions

Yume

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just keep wondering why I can't pre-order it in Europe's PSN.

DerMond

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wasn't expecting a brand new Digimon for this game. A Piedmon that absorbs a Myotismon. I want to know more about him. Lore wise anyway.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So... A much worse Piedmon? ...Huh. Theory... That is creepy though. Super interesting too.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With clear image of him. The hooks on his extra arms' elbows holding up his cape made it look like it's demon wings. Awesome.
He got two pistols and two long swords. Damn nice. I thought it is all warped up in bandages but it's actually scabbards with skulls.
He is even more creepier because he got H.R Giger skin designs...

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Where did we get Spiedini from? I don't see it in the image.
Right side, small text midway down the page. Had to zoom in to find it myself.

CeciliaCrescent

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Still so signs of Accentier. Looks like they removed it from the western version then but kept it in the JP international edition, probably from contract issues with the artist regarding sales outside Japan.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Changed the Digimon's name based on discussing it with shin.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
his name also reminds me of the german word for ship´s kobold, Klabautermann

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If it weren't for AliceKaninchenbau who pointed out that demon wings is actually cape. Thx

Hmm changed to a new name that is a bit hard to get used to it.
Baultbautermon. Sounds like it is almost like "Kabuterimon".

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm still waiting to learn what it means, since at the moment I'm not convinced it's correct. Looks like German.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Baultbautermon and Paraschwaltzer? What do they mean?

http://www.surnamedb.com/Surname/Bault
https://www.houseofnames.com/bault-family-crest
http://www.ancestry.co.uk/name-origin?surname=bauter

(They very likely may mean for the beginning to stand in for Bold.)

Shin says the name is literally written as "パラズィヴァルツァー"

You'd want to put that together as a handful of names potentially:
Paraschwaltzer
Parazwvaltzer
Palazivalzer

The names of everything seem tobe a faux German/Italian mix.

We went with Paraschwaltzer because it keeps those origins while also being pronounceable based on the name keeping the flow of it's source languages.

I'm still waiting to learn what it means, since at the moment I'm not convinced it's correct. Looks like German.
There may not be an actual 'correct' bit to get. Very often Digimon uses alternations and nonsense changes to real elements of different languages.

And of course, the team translating the game will translate the name and the terms on their own. Whether we ever see those translations or an original name and terms they come up with we will know soon enough.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seems kind of random. I'll stick with VoltoBautamon for now, since it makes sense to me. We'll see how Bandai chooses to romanize it, and that might give us a hint about the name's intent. The dub will probably go with "SkullPiedmon" or something.

Edit:
Actually, considering that "volto" can just mean "face," I wonder if the name might basically be face-mask-mon. Probably not proper Italian, but that shouldn't surprise us.

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ow… how he holds his wine glass just looks painful. His tail almost blends in with the background. I see where he takes from Piedmon and several Myotismon forms, but that musketeer-esque hat looks like he also snacked on another Digimon's data. He also sort of looks like a younger Barbamon, I guess.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Piemon finally has a super ultimate that’s not a recolour, and it’s fucking glorious. He evolves from a demonic French clown to an even more demonic Italian clown. LOVE IT.

He's created from a Piedmon absorbing a Myotismon.
KEK the ol’ ‘fuse with your own lower form’ gimmick.

What’s this got to do with anything. He’s a Renaissance Italian-style clown with a fancy masque and Italian attack names. Seems like Italian words for carnival masques are a lot more likely than whatever this is.

Nah volto, bauta, spiedini, palazzi and valzer are all just standard Italian words.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nah volto, bauta, spiedini, palazzi and valzer are all just standard Italian words.

I'm forwarding the information from shin.

garm will take a look at it when she can.

It may just be Italian, or it may be the fun Digimon habit of combining language things or otherwise making it unclear.

What’s this got to do with anything. He’s a Renaissance Italian-style clown with a fancy masque and Italian attack names. Seems like Italian words for carnival masques are a lot more likely than whatever this is.
TMS specifically asked what a term meant since we were going with it for the time being. I quoted his post when I posted those in fact. It doesn't mean it's right, but it shows where shin got the name from.