Next Game a Gen 1 Remake? (LightningYellow?)

Do you want another remake?

• Total voters

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With the 20th anniversary of Gen 1 coming soon, you know Nintendo is going to do something. But i think it might be too soon for a remake of a remake, so that leaves a possible remake of the combo game, Yellow version.

Do you think it's a possibility or do you think they'll just do another red and green/blue? I personally would like to see it, but this time allow you to decide if you want to start with Pikachu or Eevee.

Trilby1992

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don't get me wrong, I started from gen 1 but I wouldn't go back to it. There is hardly any content in those games and the majority of the Pokemon there can easily be acquired now.

If they want to revisit Kanto, it might better to make it as a post-game content. (Get to there via a ship etc.)

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was maining thinking it's coming because Gen 1 is the only one that is currently unplayable unless you have a DS Lite with the bottom slot or an Advance.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Probably not, at least not next year as XY was extremely heavy with the Gen 1 references and even offered the starters and legendaries to catch, so there's not much to gain off of it. I think if they have a game that celebrates it (and there's nothing saying they will, the 15th didn't even have a game), it's probably going to be something else.

Personally though, I have no desire to see Gen 1 remade again. As mentioned by Trillby, the Kanto games really didn't have that much content to begin with, and considering GF's ideology lately (which amounts to giving less content because people are too busy on cell phones) coupled with FRLG being strict in how close they played to the originals, I don't expect too much with them. Plus, I'm personally burnt out on Kanto and I just need a break from that region and the references to it.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No. Let's not do that. Maybe something else. Maybe more original.

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
An Electric Yellow remake would have been cool if they made it more like the anime such as

Your first encounter with Team Rocket is in front of the PokeCenter at Viridian City

If you play as a girl Brock flirts with you, if you play as a boy he talks about his 10 brothers and sisters

Misty mentions her older sisters

insteas of S.S Anne before Surge you do the level after surge and the ship capsizes and you end up on the Sevii islands. After you help Lostelle you're able to take the ferry back

Sabrina is creepier and her battle sprite has the doll. You can talk to her father outside the gym before fighting her and he expresses she used to be sweet kid. After you beat Sabrina you "free her" her father thanks you with the Psychic TM

Instead of Giovanni you fight Team Rocket for the final badge using his pokemon.

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
DontStopPataPata: I would buy your Electric Yellow version in a heartbeat. I really wish they had done something other than virtual console rereleases.

Oh, and I don't remember when ash got his 8th badge. Who gave it to him in the show? Who did he battle, because I'm pretty sure it wasn't Giovanni.

Tsurugi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He fought Jessie, I think, who used Pokemon Giovanni gave her.

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Weird. I gotta find that episode. Do you have an episode number?

Tsurugi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not really, it's been a while, though I think it was the episodes that tied in with the first movie, since Gary faced Giovanni with Mewtwo before Ash got there

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's episode 60 if you go by english numbering. Battle for the Badge. And yes it was one of I think two episodes tied to the first movie.

Re remakes. Yeah it would have been nice to see remakes of RBY with the gen 6 engine and doing more than Fire Red and Leaf Green's bare bone changes.

But it is also nice to play the original games legally and without having to drop a buttload of money for the games.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did I say yet that I figured that we wouldn't get a remake until we had a different format for games? Like we got Fire/Leaf because the GBA cartridges were much different then the GB ones. And we stopped being able to play them since they dropped the GB slot around the SP's time.

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well since they figured a way to make the gen 1 Pokemon transferable to gen 7 it seems less likely....