Next 0rder World Map

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Possible. But I think it's unlikely given how Mirei appears in Ne0 versus Re: Digitize.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh yeah, good point. I'd forgotten about that. I guess whether the Infinity Zone links dimensions, servers or both is still unclear.

My main piece of evidence for the server idea was when Mameo says "I still haven't met this World's Jijimon", yet he still lived in the same human world as the other characters. And in then Olympus XII lore, it's stated they have their own server domain that runs parallel to the server run by Yggdrasil, so I figured all the post-game Royal Knights may have emigrated from their own Yggdrasil-based world.

Last edited:

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, it's entirely possible that the Infinity Zone connects parallel Digital World dimensions, but I doubt that Ne0 Digital World is strongly connected to Re: Digitize Digital World, whether as Servers on the same system or even being 'close' parallel worlds. So your theory about the Royal Knights is possible.

But Re: Digi and Ne0 being directly connected seems unlikely due to how Mirei has trouble appearing solidly in Ne0, but she has no trouble with that in Re: Digi and Cyber Sleuth (both seen as unique worlds themselves in CS thanks to Rina's chapter).

Exiled

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
More than looking to Mirei, look to Rina. If she was from that human world the rest of the characters are, I guess that would have been mentioned in the story.

BTW, the Frost Cathedral in Absolute Zero is the Ice Sanctuary of the first DW. Mameo mentions that, when some evil got control of the Cathedral (I guess, the Demon Lords), the Cathedral was just shut down and transferred to the Ne0 world.

Really the only problematic areas are Honeo Resort and Ron-Ri Volcano. In most of its recent incarnations File Island has had a volcano, though its size and location always vary drastically. In Crusader it's a mid-sized peak snuggled between Outlook Mountain and Infinity Mountain (reminding one of the existence of Drill Tunnel's Lava Cave), in Re: Digitize Boncano Volcano is a huge mountain taking up a good chunk of the northwestern part of the island, and in Collectors Conver Volcano outright replaces Infinity Mountain at the island's center. And now in Next Order the volcano's at the island's southernmost point. Very odd. As for Honeo Resort, all I can say is that it sort of seems like a dried-up version of the Submerged Ruins from Re: Digitize, given the modernistic buildings and bowl-like geography.
There was a volcano in the original DW as well: the Miharashi/Panorama Mountain. Meramon's lair was literally the lava cave.

Last edited:

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Jay Ukyou
Oh yeah I think you're right about that. It does seem much less likely.
I was just explaining where I got the server concept in the first place.

@Exiled re:Frost Cathedral
I thought I remembered someone saying that, but I couldn't remember who.

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just a small note about Former Site Lake. This is semi-spoilery, but throughout Next 0rder, Floatia is on the ground. It only becomes a "Float"ing city at the end of the second Chapter, leaving behind a hold in the ground which becomes the lake. I'm skeptical about any reference to the Village of Beginnings, sadly.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Exiled

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess it was just fanservice. Though, deliberate and well done, because is ingrained in the story of the game. I mean, Mameo isn't the only character that says this (is just the only one I can get screenies, lol). If you talk with some digimon in the Absolute Zero area, they also mention that the Cathedral just pop up from nothingness some centuries ago, that something evil is inside of it (and I guess, it has to do with Belphemon and Lucemon, that are the boss digimon of the Cathedral), etc. So, while is fanservice, is one done right.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess it was just fanservice. Though, deliberate and well done, because is ingrained in the story of the game. I mean, Mameo isn't the only character that says this (is just the only one I can get screenies, lol). If you talk with some digimon in the Absolute Zero area, they also mention that the Cathedral just pop up from nothingness some centuries ago, that something evil is inside of it (and I guess, it has to do with Belphemon and Lucemon, that are the boss digimon of the Cathedral), etc. So, while is fanservice, is one done right.
It's funny to think that as soon the demons showed up, everyone just decided it was easier to jettison the whole building into another world rather than deal with them. I wonder if this is something they could do for any area, or just exclusively with Ice Sanctuary.

SnowGoblimon was the one that mentions it appearing one day at the entrance of Absolute Zero.

Last edited:

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Infinity Cauldron (Infinite Cauldron)
After the introduction of the Eternal Continent in 2020, I started to think about the various Mugen/Infinity iterations, and I was wondering why it was named "Cauldron" in Next 0rder. Then I thought, rather than a mountain, the entrance to the Infinity Zone is located in front of a lake created when Floatia became airbourne and took a large chunk of land with it, ie: a giant bowl shape. Also, if you do take the Infinity Zone to be a space connecting multiple dimensions/servers, you could call it a mixing pot of sorts. You reckon that could be the reasoning?