News Bits- Survive Kaito Update, ReArise Promos, & US V-Pet Wave 3? w/ Bandai Asking for Color Input

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A few different recent updates for Sunday!

First up, we've been getting a number of updates related to Kaito and Dracmon lately via V-Jump and the Survive website.

A recent issue of Famitsu gives us a bit extra on Kaito. After entering 'the other world' his desire to protect his sister grows so strong that he gets violent and hurts those around him.

Digimon Survive can currently be pre-ordered at Amazon.com: (affiliate links)
Digimon Survive for PS4
Digimon Survive for Switch
Digimon Survive for Xbox One

Survive is currently scheduled for 2020.

Next up is a few ReArise bits...

First up, a bonus Digimon for those playing the Japanese version of the game...

As a prize for a recent campaign, everyone who logs in will get a Season 2 Commemorative Herissmon.

So... free Herissmon if you are playing that version of the game. So hop in and nab it.

For those playing the global version, a bit of a surprise...

They've jumping a bit ahead and doing a celebration campaign for the release of Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna!

There are 4 parts to the campaign.

Round 1 of the Login Bonus is currently running and ends March 28th. Each day you get items by logging in.

Round 1 of the Challenge runs until April 12th and you get Veemon (Goggles version) for completing it.

Round 2 of the Login Bonus starts on March 25th and ends April 10th. More items for logging in every day.

Round 2 of the Challenge runs from March 31st and ends April 29th. You get Agumon (Goggles version) for completing it.

The global ReArise campaigns have (as I understand it) generally been running a year behind to stay matched up with where they happened comparatively in the Japanese version as it was running, so to get the movie event in line with our release is a nice little touch.

Last up, for our V-Pet fans who are either waiting for (or have gotten) their Wave 2 V-Pets...

Over on their Facebook, Bandai is asking for comments for what colors people would like to see in 'another new wave'. So a soft(ish) confirmation of Wave 3 it appears.

Both Waves 1 and 2 were based on the Japanese Version 20th V-pets.

Wave 1 has the Anime Agumon and Anime Gabumon eggs from the Japanese Wave 1.
Wave 2 has the Lunamon and Coronamon eggs from the Japanese Wave 2.

This leaves the Japanese Wave 2 Meicoomon egg as the only version exclusive egg to not show up in a US release yet, so hopefully in Wave 3.

With them publicly asking for opinions on colors, V-Pet fans hopefully will have a nice short wait for the next wave.

For those who want to order Wave 2: (affiliate links)
Purple
Yellow
Green
Blue

And Wave 1 is also still available: (Affiliate links)
Brick
Gray
Blue
Yellow

Our review and breakdown of the Wave 1 V-Pets can be found here. Minus the shell colors and exclusive eggs, everything should be accurate to Wave 2 also.

A nice small stack of weekend updates for a number of things!

Thanks to Nintendo Everything for the Survive scan and onkei for the translated bits from it.

Attachments

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I do wish ReArise would try to speed up a little bit, but I'm not so surprised to see the movie events, since there's nothing that obliquely impacts the pace of the main game (we'll see if we get the Bonds forms, and if those will have any nerfs, but doubtful). But I play KHUX, so I'm used to never ever achieving story parity.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I guess Kaito is pretty villainous after all. I wonder how long that will last.

As for the global version they've been doing some events randomly. They did a WarGreymon one super early when it was pretty far into the Japanese release. They did the Lopmon/minervamon event days after Lopmon was introduced causing Lopmon to be the first to gain ultimate in "dub canon".

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I guess Kaito is pretty villainous after all. I wonder how long that will last.
Until some Digimon will eat him, or our protagonist will kill him ;).

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm sorry Bandai, but I probably won't buy the 20th a third time for what I assume is just Meicoomon. I already have my favorite in the wave 2. I'm really confused on why they're using Lucemon Falldown mode on the display in that promotional image when the Lucemons aren't Digimon you can raise

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Until some Digimon will eat him, or our protagonist will kill him ;).
I do hope something like that happens in survive. That would be scary and awesome at the same time.
After being sick of Shuuji being a dick to Lopmon, she dark evolves to Wendigomon and kills him to death. that's prob what will happen in a bad ending. Or an out right canon death (tho we already saw Lopmon turn into Turueimon, but I suppose that doesn't mean she can't dark evolve later)

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it would be very interesting to see how an outcome of Kaito's death would affect Dracmon. Dracmon could become a major enemy who blames the protagonist of Kaito's death to introduce to the player the importance and consequences of their actions

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it would be very interesting to see how an outcome of Kaito's death would affect Dracmon. Dracmon could become a major enemy who blames the protagonist of Kaito's death to introduce to the player the importance and consequences of their actions
I get the feeling that the human dying will remove the Digimon as well.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
that's a bit odd, I'm not sure why you think that. Having the Digimon and humans alive when their partner dies seems like it would offer more dynamic storytelling

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
that's a bit odd, I'm not sure why you think that. Having the Digimon and humans alive when their partner dies seems like it would offer more dynamic storytelling
basically from that one interview where Kakudo said human death = digimon death, and that habu is basing survive on adventure.

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Imagine that when someone dies their partner digimon is then in waiting depending if you want to use them or not. Certain digimon are other digimons weakness and vice versa. I know that it won't happen like that but I wouldn't mind a feature like that.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Imagine that when someone dies their partner digimon is then in waiting depending if you want to use them or not. Certain digimon are other digimons weakness and vice versa. I know that it won't happen like that but I wouldn't mind a feature like that.
Recruiting wild Digimon is probably for that reason. Lopmon dies? you can recruit a Data Digimon to replace her. we'll see how it works when its finally out but its what I'm expecting.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
basically from that one interview where Kakudo said human death = digimon death, and that habu is basing survive on adventure.
I didn't know that was said in an interview. That concept is weird and interesting because now Digimon feel like an extension of human characters like personas in Persona. I know it was based on Adventure, but the only human death I can remember is Oikawa Yukio and I don't remember Pipimon dying as a result. As far as I know, the life link seems unique to Survive unless you have examples

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't know that was said in an interview. That concept is weird and interesting because now Digimon feel like an extension of human characters like personas in Persona. I know it was based on Adventure, but the only human death I can remember is Oikawa Yukio and I don't remember Pipimon dying as a result. As far as I know, the life link seems unique to Survive unless you have examples
Kaukdo says it here:

whether you wanna treat it as canon or not is up to you.

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Recruiting wild Digimon is probably for that reason. Lopmon dies? you can recruit a Data Digimon to replace her. we'll see how it works when its finally out but its what I'm expecting.
Yeah guess we have to wait and see. Hopefully we all get to see soon. But the way things are going with the virus I expect another delay or something. Shit timing for all this to happen.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since we know that humans will die, they surely either will be killed by Digimons, humans or will fall to their death from a cliff. Personally I would like if the characters would be killed than accidentally die because accidental death is often pretty stupid.

It would be nice if characters would think that since they're in another world no one will see that they killed someone, and will kill another human. This way turning more and more dark until they are killed by someone else.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh. Is that what you get with those eggs. ...Eh... That sure is Gatcha alright.