News Bits- Sistermon Ciel Updates, Adventure Twitter Account Change, Livestream URLs

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A few small updates...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up, full and proper Bandai artwork for Sistermon Ciel (and it isn't low resolution!) A few elements have been revised from her initial appearance as a regional palette swap (with a few design changes) of Sistermon Noir in Hacker's Memory.

Sistermon Ciel has Data as her attribute.

And a translated profile thanks to garm...

One of the three Sistermon sisters, it wears a veil modeled after a mouse. It roams around various lands investigating unusual phenomena, and reports its findings to Gankoomon. It leads a peaceful life by day, but turns into an assassin who hunts down troublemakers by night. Its Signature Move, "Shirotsume-Ichimonji-giri", is using its cherished sword Shirotsume-Ichimonji to cut the enemy without making a sound.

Bandai previewed these changes to her a day or so earlier with a piece of social media artwork.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

And for those with a 20th Anniversary Digimon Pendulum, you can get her Copymon with the code 231652.

The revised Sistermon Ciel is already being discussed a bit in the Digimon Channel thread.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Then a small Twitter update. The Digimon Adventure Twitter changed it's username for the 20th anniversary.

If you follow the account on Twitter the change will be mostly invisible to you. If you use bookmarks you'll want to change the address.

Last up...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We're just a couple days away from the toy and game livestream and the web addresses for those are now public and on standby.

niconico
Youtube

A few fun midweek updates, with more to come later this week.

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty nice. It'll be fun to see all 3 Sistermons in a game together some time, and if that game will come unchanged to the US, of course.

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I genuinely enjoy what they’ve done with her redesign. Think I’m in love jk. I really like the effort placed to differentiate her from Noir.

The color pallet also seems more muted not as bright as the game version. I really like her darker tone. Hopefully they can transfer the contrast from this 2d design to the 3d model.

I love her hair, eyes, and most importantly the katana! Really glad they updated her bio and made her a data type too.

Can’t wait to see her Awakened mode. Going to look sweet. Hopefully we’ll see the three of them together in a game someday.

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Certainly the best way to compromise an unusual situation.

I really like her design. <3

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My salt level is still ocean at not getting Noir in hackers memory
yet europe does

grrrrrrr, they need to patch her in the North American version
censor ship is bs

DPTronazel

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In my mind, I call Sistermon Ciel as Sistermon Marill because her mouse hat looks like a Marill (Marill is a mouse-based Pokemon after all right?

@Nagatem Pretty much they don't want to be in trouble with the "Holy Hounds" and what I mean by that is a certain group of watchdogs...

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My salt level is still ocean at not getting Noir in hackers memory
yet europe does

grrrrrrr, they need to patch her in the North American version
censor ship is bs
Not just Europe, Bandai EU covers Australia/Oceania, the Middle East and parts of Africa (maybe even all of Africa), whilst according to posts I saw on GameFaqs, that even though it was announced SEA would get Ciel, they actually got Noir

So pretty much... everyone but NA got her lol (and SA too, I Guess? I figure they count under Bandai US)

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It sucks but hey, this art makes her look nice. That's what we need to like her. ...Isn't that like White Swallow Sword? Something like One Cut in the attack name? Seems like I've heard those before.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love Ciel new artwork really a lot!! The Sistermon are one of my top-notch since they were first revealed in Digimon Collectors, and this is as unexpected as amazing. I'm really glad how they have handled the situation in this specific case. However, I must say I'm kinda disappointed they haven't revealed any official artwork nor a proper profile for Hudiemon yet, the real brand-new Digimon from Hacker's Memory. Anyways, well done Bandai. I guess Citramon & Sleipmon Burst Mode are next!!

Elentir

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I find it hilarious that with a bit of a spruce-up and an individual weapon she went from being (in my eyes) a desperate attempt to make censorship work to my favorite of the Sistermon. Well played, Bandai.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We could get Hudiemon as part of this month's DRB update alongside Ciel since they came from the same game.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bulcomon and Erismon coming to the DRB is more likey IMO, since like Ciel theyre in that pendulum

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice, cool redesign. I have no problems with the change they made (lol at "censorship", it's anything but) but it is nice regardless to have a whole new thing come out of it. I wasn't listening closely to the voices, but did they actually address her as Ciel during her scenes, or did they leave that as Noir?

Looking forward to that toy and game livestream... new Digivolving Spirits maybe?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice, cool redesign. I have no problems with the change they made (lol at "censorship", it's anything but) but it is nice regardless to have a whole new thing come out of it. I wasn't listening closely to the voices, but did they actually address her as Ciel during her scenes, or did they leave that as Noir?

Looking forward to that toy and game livestream... new Digivolving Spirits maybe?
from what I've seen online they muted all instances of "Noir" leaving an awkward gap every time

Jordan171998

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

They left her and any character silent when they mention Ciel/Noir by name

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, I know that Sistermon Ciel is controversial, but you have to admit Bandai did a great job turning her into her own character. In fact, I'd honestly say she's probably my favorite of the Sistermons going off of design alone.

Bulcomon and Erismon coming to the DRB is more likey IMO, since like Ciel theyre in that pendulum
A bit out of the loop here, but who's Bulcomon?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They left her and any character silent when they mention Ciel/Noir by name
That's really weird. It's not like they muted all of the other Digimon names that were changed in the English version. You'd think they'd just assume any Westerner playing the game wouldn't notice any difference.

A bit out of the loop here, but who's Bulcomon?
Blucomon and its evolved forms debuted recently in a Chinese mobile game.

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In my mind, I call Sistermon Ciel as Sistermon Marill because her mouse hat looks like a Marill (Marill is a mouse-based Pokemon after all right?

@Nagatem Pretty much they don't want to be in trouble with the "Holy Hounds" and what I mean by that is a certain group of watchdogs...
They shouldn't listen to the people who don't buy their games
they should however know that fans get mad when they get shortchanged
we literally digimon lucifer and angels but yet a nun with guns is too far?
thats so stupid and closed minded

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes. They probably shouldn't listen but how can we be sure how many people(nerds) would get mad at it? We can't really. So you know, Lawyers probably thought this was a good idea.