New X-Antibody (Finalized Diablomon X & Sakuyamon X) Digimon Artwork from MonMon Memo

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New X-Antibody (Finalized Diablomon X & Sakuyamon X) Digimon Artwork from MonMon Memo

It's time for a short and sweet MonMon Memo!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Big Dreamer Taoka is back for the 26th MonMon Memo! This time MonMon Memo is showing off some artwork in relation to something we saw earlier this week...

Also, yes, the image they made says 25. That's a typo.

Big Dreamer Taoka did a preview video of the Digital Monster X earlier this week with Victory Uchida, which featured our first look at Diablomon X, and our first proper (outside of a shikishi) look at Sakuyamon X. But these were actually early/rough illustrations.

To follow up on the video, MonMon Memo this week is showing off their finalized official artwork!

First up...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Diablomon X! This Digimon who already had a frightening appearance has evolved into a more terrible, horrible figure with the power of X-Evolution!

As'Maria did the design for him, and he will be in both Digital Monster X V-Pets!

Then we have...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Sakuyamon X! She's powerful from beginning to end. This attractive Digimon has a bewitching look and is filled with overflowing power.

She was designed by Kenji Watanabe and will only be in the Digital Monster X Black.

He asks that you train these Digimon if you get a chance in the Digital Monster X!

They'll follow up on the reveal of the character illustrations with an update on the Reference Book soon, which they hope you look forward to.

Next time MonMon Memo will go over raising, a core gameplay element, and he asks that he you look forward to it.

Further details on the Digital Monster X, including how to pre-order, can be found here.

Premium Bandai USA recently announced they will sell the Digital Monster X directly to fans in the US and Canada. Info on that can be found here.

Previous MonMon Memos have included:
Cold Mode
Copymon
New Virus Busters
New Nightmare Soldiers
Silver Blue Special Digi-Eggs
Silver Black Special Digi-Eggs, Plus ones in both!
Jogress Digimon
Password Digimon
Overview of the 20th Pendulum, Plus Enemies in Battle Mode
Kenji Watanabe Pendulum Interview
CSA Digivice tri. Memorial
Additional Digimon showing up in the Pendulum 20th 2nd Wave
RagnaLordmon, Jogress of the 20th Anniversary Legend Arms
Pendulum Art Book Sample Pages, Teasers, and Interview Details
Pendulum Art Book Update- Digimon Designer Round Table! Plus Shikishi Artwork
Introductions for the CSA Digivice 1999 and Terriermon Plush, plus X-Antibody Updates
CSA Digivice 1999 Details
RagnaLordmon and Finalized Wave 2 20th Pendulum Packaging
Pendulum Art Book Preview- Twitter, Armor Evos, Omegamon, Chronicle
Digimon in 2nd Wave of 20th Anniversary Pendulums & Art Book Preview
Digital Monster X and X-Antibody Teasers
Digital Monster X Booklet Details
Digital Monster X Digimon Info & CSA Digivice 1999 Booklet Details
Digital Monster X Map System Info
Digital Monster X Battle System Info

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, I have differing thoughts on the changes to their design based on the rough/early designs we saw earlier in teh week.

The handful of subtle tweaks from the early art makes Diablomon X still appear like a fresh take on the character, while also making him feel more recognizable as Diablomon to me.

Sakuyamon X I actually don't like the changes. The changes to her outfit (removing some of the filled in space with more skin) comes across as a bit to cartoonishly fanservice to me, while in the early art, despite the fanservice, it came across as a sleek outfit. Perhaps the black mini kitsune spirits become the rest of the outfit and give a power boost?

I'm not sure how I feel about the changes to her staff either. More decoration and designwork is good, but it feels a bit garish.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow?! Already?

Diablomon X's limbs are weird. Jelly-like liquid instead of wire cables? Even the blonde hair turned into X antibody hair....Oh well at least he look great.

Insane artwork for Sakuyamon X! Giant staff? Those giant and tiny foxes! I hope Baby I or II of her didn't die as that spirits like... A certain Armor digimon.
She surely look so powerful.

Can't wait to read how the effects of X Antibodies grant newest abilities for them!

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, that is LARGE artwork, very different then what we're used to.
I agree with an above post. Diablomon's tweaks look fine, but Sakuyamon tweaks are not favorable.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They came really fast. Guess they're about to be in the DRB. Really badass arts

DazzleDream

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the green hair looks really good on Diablomon x. I just noticed with the legs attached to the longer tail like that; he has more of a y-shape with the three limbs. Maybe a reference to the Y2K bug he's based on? A great design either way-I really like the color scheme.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As'Maria really know how to leave us speechless...I swear I'm going to have a nightmare with that think (just imagine Diablomon X in an anime series). About Sakuya X I don't really like it has more skin and less clothes than I expected, but still it's a gorgeous design overall. Looking forward to know more about them in the DRB update of this month, Also waiting for BeelStarmon X and Erismon profiles patiently (maybe this time too?).

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder why Diablomon X colored so brightly compared to Diablomon? Oh also I'm glad it's not "eyes" although the concert art showed its attack...

I think I finally realized about Sakuyamon X's ball shoulder armorpads maybe they might be designed like Yin/Yang ball? No sign of the glowing crystal on her. But the red color is standing out, would it count? And with Sakuyamon X's appearance, I compared her with Sakuyamon and her Miko mode, I'm sure Sakuyamon X is 90% Miko mode and 10% Sakuyamon....

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It make sense with Diaboromon X. Then on the last part of Tri, Evil Gennia says either Diaboromon or Daemon, I bet you this means Diaboromon X. Now to think of it, what if we get Daemon X next? We might see our next movie/TV show right there.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It make sense with Diaboromon X. Then on the last part of Tri, Evil Gennia says either Diaboromon or Daemon, I bet you this means Diaboromon X. Now to think of it, what if we get Daemon X next? We might see our next movie/TV show right there.
wouldnt they have to run the x program first to kill 98% of all mons

CrimsonGallantmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Diablomon X looks even better than I expected. I didn't realize the purple skin was actually translucent!

Sakuyamon X on the other hand...also got more transparent...primarily down in the nether regions... *facepalms*
(Though I do like that her sash is made of paper charms)

shaikgb

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i don't think we should assume diaboromon x will appear in the upcoming movie just yet i mean he was just being design until not long ago and the movie was being made for a year now

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Diablomon X reminds me alot of some Asian demons like Rakshasas or Rangda.
Sakuyamon X is just to much fanservice, meh.

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love Sakuyamon X and think the final design looks great! I really like the spirit foxes surrounding her. I’m overall more than glad with the final design choices.

Still love Diaboromon X’s design but not a fan of the jelly arms on the final product. Though it’s a fair trade all things considered. Jelly arms for Diaboromon and more skin for Sakuyamon.

Hyped up for the Digial Monster X vpets. Can’t wait to raise Renamon X line.

I wonder why Diablomon X colored so brightly compared to Diablomon? Oh also I'm glad it's not "eyes" although the concert art showed its attack...

I think I finally realized about Sakuyamon X's ball shoulder armorpads maybe they might be designed like Yin/Yang ball? No sign of the glowing crystal on her. But the red color is standing out, would it count? And with Sakuyamon X's appearance, I compared her with Sakuyamon and her Miko mode, I'm sure Sakuyamon X is 90% Miko mode and 10% Sakuyamon....
Yep glad someone else realized it. The X version takes in consideration both designs, but uses Miko mode as the base. Yep the shoulders are designed after that. Maybe the red is designed after being an exclusive to the red/black version? Overall really cool design.

Last edited:

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love that final Diablomon X art! I like how distinctly X-Antibody it looks, while also not looking too out of line with traditional Digimon designs.

Sakuyamon X though... Yeah, I liked that early design way better, which was fanservicey, but still very elegant. I will admit I like that wolf-like mutation her kudagitsune have undergone though.

sirtao

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
best part of Sakuyamon X is the fire-foxes, especially the front one with the kanji for Fire which is made to also resemble a X

I am unsure if her boobs got bigger or just a push-up, though. I'd say a push-up, which is actually a not really common design choice...

Devkyu

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am just so damn delighted that we're started to get larger artwork now rather than trying to figure out details from an archaically tiny 320px size.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am just so damn delighted that we're started to get larger artwork now rather than trying to figure out details from an archaically tiny 320px size.
Only for a few Mons though, they still use those terrible LQ small versions on the DRB and when these two are added, they'll use LQ ones for it

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Diablomon X looks absolutely fantastic. It's honestly the perfect mix of OG Diablo's creepiness and As'maria's signature spikiness and luminescent green. And that face!

Sakuyamon X's giant fox spirits are really cool, shame about the rest of the design.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow. Diablomon is a freakin' monster. And most of Sakuyamon's stuff has gotten bigger. ...Some smaller but huh. How about that.