New Wada Kouji Album: re-fly

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New York City, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo... all places seen during and out of what the dub called the "World Tour" of Zero Two.

wow, didn't catch that, just thought they were random choices. the colors and butterflies everywhere certainly screams Adventure. i like it, if it's used as the opening i wouldn't mind :D

D-Tamer

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It does sound like an anime opening. But Butterfly was already announced, so maybe an ending theme???

New York City, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo... all places seen during and out of what the dub called the "World Tour" of Zero Two.

Or just popular city's everyone knows about.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It does sound like an anime opening. But Butterfly was already announced, so maybe an ending theme???

Or just popular city's everyone knows about.
Which is probably why they were originally chosen for the "World Tour" back then, LOL.

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey, and what is about Berlin and Dusseldorf? I mean, Dusseldorf is basicly japanese.

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Galactic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think I heard something in the song about a future which is “gomibako o tobikoeta saki”. Is that a reference to FIRE!! or just a common expression?

Last edited:

Apashi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love the song, and I agree it sounds like a Digimon song. I'd love to hear it as an insert!

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wada kouji just tweeted something about the album: https://twitter.com/wada_koji/status/579054072285638656

It seems one of the tracks that were previously untitled is named "ever" (and I think since Re-fly was the other untitled song this would actually complete the track list)
(also doesn't this album have its own thread already?...)

yosa

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Actually it's New York, Paris, Sydney and Shanghai

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Galactic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Do we know anything more than Butter-fly simply being in the series? We don't know for a fact that it's the opening, right?

sugarplumfairy

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No, the poster and the official twitter announcement did confirm that the Theme Song (i.e. the Opening) will be a new version of Butter-Fly.

Alpha-Crimson

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The fact we're getting a new version of it has me really hyped for Wednesday. The album goes out, and you just know within half an hour there's gonna be copies of it all over youtube, and we'll finally hear the glory of a modern Butter-fly.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The final tracklist translated and posted in the original news post

Hirari ~re-fly Ver.~
Kaze ~re-fly Ver.~
Bravery
Pieces of Hope
Butter-Fly
re-fly

In case people missed the original news, Butter-fly on the album is the original version, not the tri. version nor is it a different new version.

The album itself has no official connection to Digimon Adventure tri.

Hirari and Kaze are new versions of the song. Bravery and Butter-Fly are the original songs. Pieces of Hope and re-fly are new songs.

Butter-Fly did get a modern update around half a decade ago called Butter-Fly -Strong Version-

Shinraisei

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love re-fly, and the lyrics especially. It'd be nice if re-fly did end up used in Tri though. If anything, it could be the ED but it would feel like such a waste (or at least make the ED more exciting!) I'm really excited to hear the full version though on the 25th. It'd be nice if it was going to be available on iTunes Japan, actually.

​(edit Actually, whose to say we can't rule out Butter-Fly as the OP for the first episode and re-fly for the rest? Or a 2nd OP?)

Also, though it's not too clear, it looks like there's a railroad crossing at the beginning of the MV. Cute Adventure reference if it is one.

I think I heard something in the song about a future which is “gomibako o tobikoeta saki”. Is that a reference to FIRE!! or just a common expression?

And you're possibly correct ! The verse is question goes like this:

gomi-bako wo tobikoeta saki no mirai nara ima kono te ni aru

Not sure if it's an expression so much as a reference to overcoming obstacles. I was typing out the meaning for a friend and thought "Woah, what. No. It's probably not 'jumping/walking over the garbage can' Maybe an expression!". I mean, if it were the latter it would sound somewhat awkward in English and other languages. *laughs*

At the beginning you even have the verse:

mou ichido sora he, ano kaze ni notteiku yo

If I recall, kaze ni notte(iku) is in Butter-fly too!

Last edited: