New Vital Bracelet BE Teasers & Info- 2v2 Real Time Battles & Waterproofing

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Some Vital Bracelet BE updates!

First we have a teaser from Digimon Web announcing 2v2 real time battles, a significant upgrade to the online battle system.

Then we have an update to the BE website with a few different bits...

vbteaser2_june12_2022.jpg

The text at the top appears to be an update to prior VB stuff, talking about exploring the outside world and aim for the best partner by moving your body and the character.

The big text on the image says "I have you, so I can do my best."

Then down below, it talks about doing exercises like squats and crunches with your favorite characters, enjoying exercise with them as you both grow.

Then at the 'very' bottom an update most people were hoping for. It has IPX4 equivalent water resistance.

IPX4 isn't submersion protection, but is described as...
Water splashing against the enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effect, utilizing either:

a) an oscillating fixture, or b) A spray nozzle with no shield. Test a) is conducted for 10 minutes. b) is conducted (without shield) for 5 minutes minimum.

With the testing method being...
Oscillating tube: Test duration: 10 minutes, or spray nozzle (same as IPX3 spray nozzle with the shield removed)

So should fix most of the issues that were happening in everyday usage.

The Vital Bracelet details will be announced on June 16th, which is 10 days before the 25th anniversary of Digimon. It is also the first day of the International Tokyo Toy Show 2022, where Bandai will have displays & exhibitions.

Prior Vital Bracelet BE news is here and here.

Attachments

• vbteaser1_june12_2022.jpg
    vbteaser1_june12_2022.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 8,940

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wooooo water resistance. I haven't had a HUGE issue with that yet (and I live in Seattle, so y'know... wet) but it's always been at the back of my mind so it'll be nice to have that reassurance. Wonder what else they're cooking up.

Sarabande__

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now waterproofing is a massive upgrade. Might have to get one now.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wooooo water resistance. I haven't had a HUGE issue with that yet (and I live in Seattle, so y'know... wet) but it's always been at the back of my mind so it'll be nice to have that reassurance.
I also live in Seattle so big appeal to me for the same reasons.
Although, being able to swim with Divemon would have been awesome.

I'm really glad to see the VB evolve. I'm looking forward to see what this model and later models bring!

Illu

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm a swimmer, so I was hoping for full waterproof, but IPX4 is pretty cool anyways. No need to take it off in a sudden rainstorm.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We got Divemon so waterproof upgrade is big deal.

I'd love to see VB evolve more into square framed watch-like so we can have wider screen for Digimon and with more V-Pets element. But let's save it for another upgrade in the future.

Kiiro

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice to see waterproofing confirmed and 2v2 battles do sound exciting! Though I didn't get if it's a feature of the bracelet itself or an update on the app (or both)?

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I'd love to see VB evolve more into square framed watch-like so we can have wider screen for Digimon and with more V-Pets element. But let's save it for another upgrade in the future.
I'm not going to repeat it here for fear of derailing to conversation, and because I already went into exhaustive detail in another post several months ago, but I have ideas for a complete overhaul of both the VB and the app.
Never gonna happen, but small upgrades are still appreciated, especially water resistance. You would believe how much rain norther AL gets this time of year.
Lets just say, I've got a plant in my front yard that's meant for tropical climates. I've done nothing with it and it's still flourishing.

Last edited:

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I'm not going to repeat it here for fear of derailing to conversation, and because I already went into exhaustive detail in another post several months ago, but I have ideas for a complete overhaul of both the VB and the app.
Never gonna happen, but small upgrades are still appreciated, especially water resistance. You would believe how much rain norther AL gets this time of year.
Lets just say, I've got a plant in my front yard that's meant for tropical climates. I've done nothing with it and it's still flourishing.
Well, no one thought we got Vital Bracelet years ago. The app can be updated, the VB line can have new device. We didn't get the same Digital Monster (1997) device over the years in the history of V-Pets.
Never say never.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Well, no one thought we got Vital Bracelet years ago. The app can be updated, the VB line can have new device. We didn't get the same Digital Monster (1997) device over the years in the history of V-Pets.
Never say never.
My ideas would require both to basically be rebuilt from the ground up. Which is why I say "never gonna happen" it would essentially be a completely new device/app

Last edited:

VamAngemon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They (funnily) mispelled Battle. Giggles.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good job Battlemon doesn't exist or it'd be Buttlemon. Also explains Huckmon, Bandai don't know what an a is
Oh yeah. I forgot the two protagonists from Adventure are Ugumon and Gubumon.

Wait, not that...

Actually, I love the word Buttle. They could trademark it as one of Digimon terms. Especially in V-Pet/VB scene.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good job Battlemon doesn't exist or it'd be Buttlemon. Also explains Huckmon, Bandai don't know what an a is
Oh yeah. I forgot the two protagonists from Adventure are Ugumon and Gubumon.

Wait, not that...

Actually, I love the word Buttle. They could trademark it as one of Digimon terms. Especially in V-Pet/VB scene.
I mean they already put a post saying sorry about the mistranslation we meant battle

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean they already put a post saying sorry about the mistranslation we meant battle
Yes they corrected the typo. If only it wasn't a typo, it could be a new term we will be familiar with.

Lord Bearmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Zero correlation. Huckmon has nothing to do with hacking. He's meant to be pronounced as Haku, if he's named Hackmon then it'd be Heku.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Uh, no. Hakku can be hack or huck (see Appmon). Heku would not be hack. If anything, the name should just be written Hakkumon, since they doubled the consonant for no reason.

Kiiro

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ideally it should be Hackmon because ハック(Hakku) in ハックモン(Hakkumon) is literally how the word hack is pronounced in Japanese (It's also called Hackmon in Cyber Sleuth). Though, Huckmon is still less of a disaster than Picklemon haha