New V-Tamer Chapter is a Crossover with Adventure:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Thanks to a tweet by Tenya Yabuno, we have a great new bit of V-Tamer artwork featuring V-Tamer Taichi and Adventure: Taichi, along with confirmation about what the new V-Tamer chapter (announced in the new V-Jump) will be!

A quick translation of the tweet:
[Announcement] In the V-Jump July issue will be a "Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01" Special One-Shot Publication!
It's "Double Co-starring Taichi "!
A special collaboration work with the new animation "Digimon Adventure:"
Thank you and please look forward to it!
So it's a crossover between V-Tamer and Adventure:! A fun way to do a one off to celebrate the new anime. Especially since, with the various crossover specials V-Tamer had, it never had V-Tamer Taichi meet the original Adventure Taichi (although he was mentioned.)

In addition to the new chapter, the same issue of V-Jump will include Digimon Card Game promo cards of V-Tamer's version of Taichi and Zeromaru!

Attachments

Last edited:

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm ready for V-Tamer Taichi to take it all in stride (especially if this is set after the Parallelmon one) and for Adventure: Taichi to be extremely confused. However, I assume this might be set earlier on in V-Tamer so Adventure: Taichi can be relative in power to V-Tamer Taichi. If it's later on in the series, maybe Warg and Melga could show up too and form Omegamon.

V-Tamer has now crossed over with Adventure 02 (and by extension Adventure '99), the WonderSwan games (/Tamers? I don't remember the Vikemon one very well), Frontier, Xros Wars, and Adventure:. Shame neither of them ever met Masaru or saw the grown up version of Adventure Taichi.

Tarama

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I knew it! It's a crossover.

I expected there will be three Taichis, but anyway I'm happy with just two.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's great that they are reviving the "tradition" of V-Tamer crossovers.
Although honestly it seems a little bit early from the anime perspective... Zero Two and Frontier were already quite a few episodes in when they got their crossover chapter but with only three episodes out for Adventure they don't really have much to work with yet, there isn't that much established about the new Taichi yet that they can play off V-Tamer Taichi so I wonder how they will balance those characters.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's great that they are reviving the "tradition" of V-Tamer crossovers.
Although honestly it seems a little bit early from the anime perspective... Zero Two and Frontier were already quite a few episodes in when they got their crossover chapter but with only three episodes out for Adventure they don't really have much to work with yet, there isn't that much established about the new Taichi yet that they can play off V-Tamer Taichi so I wonder how they will balance those characters.
This chapter of V-Tamer is going to be released in June.

If this was the date before the hiatus, they would originally have 9 or more episodes when this chapter is released.

I wonder if the hiatus will affect the story of this V-Tamer chapter too.

Last edited:

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This chapter of V-Tamer is going to be released in June.
If this was always the date, they originally have 9 or more episodes
Except the "July" Issue is released in May.
Now the anime is on Hiatus and we don't know many more episodes we're going to actually get until then. From what we know from the summaries of the upcoming few episodes, the next few ones probably focus mainly on introducing the other chosen and their partners and might not be the most Taichi centered. So even if the Hiatus is not super long, there might not be that much useable material added. And sure, they might have written stuff far in advance that the Manga team could use but, what are they supposed to do, just go ahead and reference stuff that hasn't happened yet?
Of course another option is just to have the interaction be very generic... but that wouldn't be fun.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean WarGreymon is in the opening. Having 2020 tai use WarGreymon wouldn't be a spoiler.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd guessed that they might do a crossover but good to see confirmation nonetheless. Wonder if the Taichi from V-Tamer and original Adventure will ever meet...

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait, didn't he meet the first Tai? Or was that just Davis. Anyway, this is kind of expected now.

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is pretty darn cool! Reminds me of the crossover chapters in the original V-Tamers manga! I also wonder if they are setting up the stage for a Digivice 01 release? I’ll be crossing my fingers and praying for the best.

Chakmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is news! V-Tamers is such a good manga. I know the Taichis will get along smashingly. Hopefully Neo can handle them both!

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if V-Tamer Taichi will never meet Adventure 01 version although only Daisuke mentioned about him before?

Honestly, it kinda felt weird if Adventure 01 self was completely skipped just for new Adventure Taichi to meet V-tamer self.

sirtao

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so, V-Tamer Taichi has yet to meet only OG Taichi, Masaru, Taiki and Tagiru, right?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He hasn’t met Takato or Haru either, if you’re asking about anime main characters. Also, V-Tamer Taichi technically is the original Taichi.

Redstar45

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Takato or Haru
I wish he did meet Takato as it could definitely be interested to see if Takato say anything about that V-Tamer's Taichi is just a "fiction character" in his world ? And who is Haru Again ?