Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Normally we don't post for random new Digimon, but since multiple people have messaged asking..

Image Thumbnail

The new issue of V-Jump shows off a new Ultimate Digimon (well... new in the sense that he hasn't shown up yet... we've seen a teaser for this specific Digimon in Linkz before.)

This new mysterious Digimon will show up in a an update to Digimon Linkz soon.

He's a big and fancy (and sort of creepy) dragon looking Digimon.

Hopefully people translate the page and we see if there is any more information there.

Thanks to the half dozen people who sent this including Shadow Shinji who was the first to send an image and to mubaraku3suigin as the original source of the image used (which seems far less cropped than most of the images.)

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*dives into Home Screen screenshots and trailers*

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn, no name yet! Looks like elements of Megidramon X, Dorbickmon, and Huanglongmon, plus all the various dragon Digimon that have axe-like tails.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So that's the guy from the linkz teaser poster, that sure took a while (Hasn't it been over year already?).

Now just from the colorless artwork people kinda got very attached to the idea that it would be Meicoomon's final evolution but looking at the new artwork... it doesn't seem to have too much in common with that line design or color wise....
I'm still kinda hoping that it shows up in tri eventually, because with appmon being the big new thing, who knows when we will get our next fix of "classical Digimon" animation and I really wouldn't like it if that design joined the list of Digimon that premiered in video games and then mostly disappeared.

I really like the design though. It's basically "only" a badass dragon but at the same time that means it's also not an overdesigned mess of armor. The base design is also somewhat "new"... I mean we had dragons with Two arms and two legs and wings (Coredramon, Examon etc), and dragons with no legs two arms and wings (Megidramon, Ouryomon etc) , and also dragons with no legs, and no arms and no wings (Airdramon) and of course dragons with no wings at all. However to my knowledge we never had a dragon Digimon with two legs, two wings but no arms. That kind of design scheme seemed to be exclusive to bird themed Digimon in the past, but not anymore, that's very exciting (I'm not even being too sarcastic here). So basically instead of a dragon it's more like a Wyvern... or in term of Digimon designs something between bird and a dragon, like a bragon, or a drird (I'll stick with Wyvern).

Also if that texture resolution is what will be used in the game... that would make me really happy. That's definitely a model that I'll make available on the day it gets added to the game (or maybe earlier if possible lol).

Edit: I got Ninja'd about the Wyvern thing. but at least I had fun counting wings arms and legs of every dragon Digimon...

Last edited:

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dragon Digimon are always a great thing in my book.

Loving the design, and I too hope he shows up in Tri.

Neilandio

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kind of an odd design for a new digimon, a little bit too realistic compared to what we are used to. Let's see what it lookslike in game.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have instantly fell in love with this amazing Dragon...

On a side note, I've seen some users claiming that this disclosure may mean that Linkz will finally have its own Story Mode, since it's fairly common when a brand-new Digimon is announced in these kind of games (see Hackmon in Digimon Collectors or Aegiomon in Digimon Crusader). Does the magazine hint something about this?

Rosa

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Examon Bersek Mode, Hell Mode, Something Mode!

Time for remove the dust to bluestack untill again realize how much grind i need for get a ultimate digimon.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That dragon really look like it came from Monster Hunter Frontier universe.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn, that thing looks sick! Also not at all what I thought it was gonna look like. But I seriously dig it!

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Daaaang, aside from the tail this thing looks really generic. Maybe it'll grow on me, but I'm sort of disappointed.

Nightwing

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This thing is looking kinda beastly, I like it.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shame that "Staff" is actually part of that new dragon's tail. I really thought they finally reveal "Vortex Warriors" and Meicoomon's Ultimate form if she is the forth "Tailmon" sub-species then that new dragon could be the "Cat Dragon" while Tailmon got Holydramon the "Dog Dragon" which it should be really cool.

VolcDramon could be good evo for this dragon however he is Antibody X species. So Vermillimon or FlareLizarmon?

WarOmnimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really do like this big guy. He looks straight outta Monster Hunter or Final Fantasy as some have said, and yeah, I notice he doesn't have any arms. Pretty cool that we've finally got a legit wyvern, and I'm going to even call that this may be Digimon Bahamut.

Shame that "Staff" is actually part of that new dragon's tail. I really thought they finally reveal "Vortex Warriors" and Meicoomon's Ultimate form if she is the forth "Tailmon" sub-species then that new dragon could be the "Cat Dragon" while Tailmon got Holydramon the "Dog Dragon" which it should be really cool.

VolcDramon could be good evo for this dragon however he is Antibody X species. So Vermillimon or FlareLizarmon?
A couple of things to consider if you're hoping for the Vortex Warriors. We might still get them. Of course, this guy definitely isn't one of them, but there are also two underlying factors here...

1. We don't know what the 20th anniversary posterboy (A la Dracomon and Hackmon) is like at all yet.

2. We also don't know who the powerful enemy that MedievalDukemon drove out of Witchelny is. If this guy is that enemy... then yeah, Vortex Warriors incoming.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream Worl
It appears to be a wyvern, which I find interesting...I can't think of another wyvern-type dragon Digimon.
Yep, that's a wyvern alright. It is also worth noticing that although a new Digimon has been teased, a cursory glance at the kana shows that it is basically shrouded in mystery. The 'poster' also appears to be an advertisement for Digimon Linkz in general, rather than a full-blown magazine feature.

kintang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
..Or it could be Meicoomon's ultimate to contrast with Holydramon XP. Or Hackmon alternate ultimate ala Megidramon.

Last edited:

AliceKaninchenbau

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh great the first thing we have here is a pun that I'm not sure how to translate... Okay so the kanji 爆 alone can be translated as bomb, burst open, pop or split, 爆弾 (bakudan) means "explosive" or "bomb", but the kanji we have here is 爆誕 (bakutan). The second kanji here has been switched for one that means "birth" so... Maybe this Digimon was born figuratively speaking like an explosion, or maybe it was literally born out of an explosion, IDK which it should be. Said "birth" could be a rebirth too, like this could be an Mode Change. Whatever it is...

"Explosive birth! The Crimson Dragon!!!
In Digimon Linkz, a new Digimon with gigantic crimson wings is born!!
"

Now I'd love to properly translate the ??? text but since a half of it is cut off, that won't be possible yet. But like others have already pointed out, we can already tell that this Digimon like many others before it is shrouded in mystery. The rest of the text that hasn't been cut off say something along the lines of "its appearance that makes it look strong" and "it seems like [cut off], however..!?". I'm just gonna guess that this Digimon is actually a Transformer because clearly there's more here than meets the eye.

Underneath the ??? blurb we have another sentence that has been cut in half, but it seems like it's just telling us to stay tuned for more information on this new Digimon

Status
Not open for further replies.