New tri. Poster and Discussion. PV, Cast and Schedule Announcement Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We were able to get the info from the last nade nade egg a bit early.

Image Thumbnail

First we have a new poster.

On May 4th, 5th, and 6th they will re-air all of Adventure on niconico in Japan.

When that ends at 10:45pm on the 6th they will then show some tri. stuff including: a PV for the series/first episode, the rest of the voice cast and an airing schedule.

Edit- Here's a proper translation thanks to friend of the site TripleRach- On Wed. 5/6 at roughly 22:45, after the marathon completes, we'll have major news about "tri."! The PV for Part 1, chosen children and cast info, medium info, schedule... and other surprises!

Edit- It's been clarified by other translators that 'medium' is likely meant to be 'media' in this case. Take that to mean what you will.

Prior discussion thread is here.

Edit- The Adventure social media team has put up a slightly more image friendly version of the announcement (rather than prior versions I captured and cleaned up.) That version is at the top of the post, below is the version I originally posted.

Image Thumbnail

If you want to translate the text for yourself, here it is in image form...
Image Thumbnail

and here it is in text form...
5/6 wed. 22:45頃
一挙放送終了後「tri.」新情報大発表!
第1弾PV / 選ばれし子どもたち・キャスト情報 / 媒体情報・スケジュール
... and other surprises!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So the series is premiering that day? The wording confuses me a little.
As I said, they are showing a PV (a preview.) I don't see any information suggesting the show is starting that day.

I will add the raw Japanese to my post so people can translate it for themselves.

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's a letdown - I thought we'd get the definite release date at least. But letdowns are plentiful when dealing with these Nade-nades, in my opinion.
But I guess this is something we can work with.
Thanks for the translation and clarification, Marc.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's a letdown - I thought we'd get the definite release date at least. But letdowns are plentiful when dealing with these Nade-nades, in my opinion.
But I guess this is something we can work with.
Thanks for the translation and clarification, Marc.
I wouldn't be shocked if 'some' of episode 1 aired. I expect it's more akin to a PV+footage preview which isn't uncommon and as far as I know doesn't quite have a 'title' for that type of thing which may be what's confusing you.

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some of the text suggests 'some' of episode 1 will air. I expect it's more akin to a PV+footage preview which isn't uncommon and as far as I know doesn't quite have a 'title' for that type of thing which may be what's confusing you.
Yeah, totally. When I initially found the page and say May 6 in bold I got so excited assuming it was the premiere date, so I guess I just naturally wanted the evidence to point that way haha.
But this is cool too! I'm excited to at least see a bit of this new art style in action. Glad we have a concrete date at last for anything.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I reworded some of my post before yours to re-clarify because I worded something poorly.

Everyone happy that at least now we have a solid date to look forward to proper solid info for?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added a good solid English translation of the text to the announcement post.

The most interesting details overall to me at least...

1- They feel they have to specify the medium.

2- They specify the announcement is seemingly for 'part 1' of tri.

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm waiting pretty hard for that promo vid. Can't wait to see some actual footage, however scarce and out of context they may be.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added a good solid English translation of the text to the announcement post.

The most interesting details overall to me at least...

1- They feel they have to specify the medium.

2- They specify the announcement is seemingly for 'part 1' of tri.
Yeah, I just re-read your translation and that stands out to me as well.
I wonder how many parts there will be? How long each part will be? I guess the airing schedule will really tell us that.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
(Chuckles ruefully.) We got a release date announcement for the release date announcement. Fuuuuuck me.

They feel they have to specify the medium.
You mean Niconico? That doesn’t strike me as noteworthy since no one would know where to go otherwise.

They specify the announcement is seemingly for 'part 1' of tri.
Could it also mean part one of the PV? A somewhat odd way of phrasing it, but nonetheless. God I hope Tri doesn’t have a split airing, even if it does wind up being fifty episodes in total. I like the feel of tuning into a show every week for a year. Not that subdividing it into parts necessarily means that: Death Generals was followed immediately by Young Hunters, after all, and they necessarily had different promotional materials.

Last edited:

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Could it also mean part one of the PV? A somewhat odd way of phrasing it, but nonetheless. God I hope Tri doesn’t have a split airing, even if it does wind up being fifty episodes in total. I like the feel of tuning into a show every week for a year.
I agree on the not-wanting-split-airing, we've waited too damn long for this to have the airing split up for who knows how long!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No no... it's pretty clear they are talking about specifying the medium for tri. itself, not the medium for the announcements.

If it was going to be a normal TV show why clarify it at all?

They could be clarifying any number of things- TV show, but maybe with split seasons... or will air on the net first like Crystal or the upcoming Ninja Slayer.

In general PVs aren't specified that way. It might be 'PV 1' but not 'part 1'. And part 1 may not be specifying that it's a split series, but rather that the PV only covers things in the first batch of episodes.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, I see. Interesting since it was confirmed elsewhere as a televised show, though either that media source could have had its info wrong, or it might be available on Netflix or something in addition to a more traditional televised airing, which sounds like the best of both worlds, both mainstream and adult-oriented at the same time. Still, the schedule is supposed to be announced on the sixth as well, and in my experience that usually only happens about a month before the premiere. That could mean they aren’t shooting to replace Kai after all, which in turn could mean that it’s not even going to be televised. Didn’t know Crystal aired at all. How far ahead of the television schedule was it?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, I see. Interesting since it was confirmed elsewhere as a televised show
I remember a vague mention of it as a TV anime, but that's also pretty generic phrasing. I mean, I'm not calling Daredevil a web series, are you? I'm referring to it as a TV series.

Didn’t know Crystal aired at all. How far ahead of the television schedule was it?
I want to say it only started a few months ago. I watched episode 1 when it first aired on the net and went 'nope' and haven't checked in since.

sugarplumfairy

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm glad we now have a date to look forward to.
I wonder if the next V-Jump will bring more news, and that's why they were in such a hurry...

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm glad we now have a date to look forward to.
I wonder if the next V-Jump will bring more news, and that's why they were in such a hurry...
I expect they were waiting to lock down the actual date for the marathon and any announcements they will be making there (along with going over anything they want their other media partners to make, ala V-Jump as you've said.)

You don't want to be announcing you will announce a schedule in a little over 2 weeks if you don't have a schedule already on the calendar afterall.

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mhm I agree, I just wonder if he V-Jump will hold anything even at all.
Like last month didn't it just re-print the poster we'd nade-nade-d and that was that?

We should expect V-Jump at some point next week-ish, no?

Also, I see links on the digimon-adventure.net site for all three days of streaming the Adventure marathon but no link to the PV of tri. Should that be cause for concern? Unless the tri. info will just be tacked on to the end of the Adventure marathon's third day stream.

Last edited:

decaboyz

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It seems to be another month of a restless waiting.... Keep on, everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.