New Survive Trailer- More Gameplay, Evo Tree, & More plus Anime Expo Update

Holo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I figure tyrannomon is at the bottom to make the cross line evos work. For example, if he becomes triceramon, that would mean you'd have to be tuskmon or tyrannomon to become triceramon. And that means in the same sense that only greymon and tuskmon could become metalgreymon. That's just my guess anyway. But looking at the ultras, my guess as to way there isn't one for data is that data represents a somewhat neutral path and perhaps the ultra stages represent some kind of big lean toward a good or bad sort of choice or something. Like, if you wanna go further, it's gonna require doing something really right... or something very not right. Again though, that's just my thoughts šŸ˜…
They are using "Evolution" instead of "Digivolution". Are they phasing out "Digivolution" as a term?
It may be just for survive since it's main audience is people who have been digimon fans for over 20 years. They're less likely to care about the change.

Okay, so a few things:

1. DOBERMON FUCK YEAH
2. Anyone notice how Tyrannomon is at the bottom of the evo chart? I wonder what that means. Secondly, Ultra speculation! Omegamon is one, that's a given, but the other one may be Zwart or something. Personally, I wish it's Huanglongmon but it's super up in the air right now.
Pretty sure it'd be the complete other way round, with people who've known the franchise for 20 years knowing and liking the phrase digivolve. New fans wouldn't know, so would't care. That's why names like Gatomon are still used.

As for Ultras, since Zwart is not a Virus Digimon he would not be the Virus Ultra. And that's good, with only 113 Digimon we don't need one to be the same guy but slightly different colour.
True.

I actually think tha the ultras won't be differenciated by attribute. After all, there's only two of them and the Data route seems to be able to evolve into it anyways. Eitherway, I hope it's not zwart either for the same reason you have.

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I figure tyrannomon is at the bottom to make the cross line evos work. For example, if he becomes triceramon, that would mean you'd have to be tuskmon or tyrannomon to become triceramon. And that means in the same sense that only greymon and tuskmon could become metalgreymon. That's just my guess anyway.

There are nine lines connecting Adult to Perfect and Perfect to Ultimate, but only 6 lines connecting Ultimate to the last evolution, so there doesn't seem to be any sort of limitation of the sort. You can "course-correct" to a Vaccine, Data and Virus line at any point till Ultimate (Mega).

Felidae12

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not sure. They use the term digivolve in the dubbed trailer for the Adventure Reboot.
They are using "Evolution" instead of "Digivolution". Are they phasing out "Digivolution" as a term?

Dragnoran

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice to see a little bit of new footage. RIP Tyrannomon tho, his line has no Ultra form.

Hearing English had be hoping for 2 seconds that was Takuma's dub voice but then Japanese was heard dashing that. Hearing them swap between an English announcer and Japanese voices was really jarring.

Pre orders went up on Bandai Europe's site but the UK is not one of the countries listed despite Australia being there. Fun.
well there never has been a suitable ultra for that tbf

the super ultimates may be 4th path restricted

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the chart doesn't show the secret evolution route. So my guess: MetalGreymon (the Virus one) will be in the game and is Greymon's secret evolution.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the chart doesn't show the secret evolution route. So my guess: MetalGreymon (the Virus one) will be in the game and is Greymon's secret evolution.
That would feel like a waste of a secret evolution when it's the same guy but a different colour.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That would feel like a waste of a secret evolution when it's the same guy but a different colour.
There will be no new evolution in the game I think. All Agumon evolutions will likely be the ones we already know. The secret evolution route doesn't have to mean new digimon/evolution, it could be there's something in the story behind certain evolution.

But a new digimon is always welcomed.

Lord Bearmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A lot of games have secret characters just being a recolor. E.g BlackWarGreymon in Battle Evolution, BlackGuilmon in Battle Chronicles, or Panjyamon in Digimon World.

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Panjyamon in Digimon World.
Given World 1 was literally not even able to finish several actual Digimon like Weregarurumon (who we know was in the code) and is a game that lived and died by the recolor, the fact that all three secret evolutions in that were recolors isn't shocking. Survive is not that. If they had a super secret special evolution, it'd probably be... like, something worth getting.

Lord Bearmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Panjyamon in Digimon World.
Given World 1 was literally not even able to finish several actual Digimon like Weregarurumon (who we know was in the code) and is a game that lived and died by the recolor, the fact that all three secret evolutions in that were recolors isn't shocking. Survive is not that. If they had a super secret special evolution, it'd probably be... like, something worth getting.
I gave 3 examples and you're just gonna ignore the other two?
Making a whole new Digimon + model just to make it a super secret that only people that look it up on the internet knows is more waste than just making a recolor Digimon.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
both a recolor and a not recolor digimon being a secret digimon are likely so trying to say which it will be seems pretty pointless

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh. That's prob a mistake and will be fixed but if not I guess Ikkakumon gets to add some Attribute variety to the Adventure cast lol