New Survive Trailer- Gameplay Preview

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

With just under a month until release, we have a new Digimon Survive trailer!

This one focuses on explaining some basic gameplay ideas, and showing you what you'll be doing in the game. There are a few new things in there if you pay attention, along with clarifying a few details that had been mentioned before, but not detailed (as far as I can recall.)

Digimon Survive is out July 28th in Japan and July 29th worldwide.

Digimon Survive can be pre-ordered at Amazon.com: (affiliate links)
Digimon Survive for Switch
Digimon Survive for PS4
Digimon Survive for Xbox One

Attachments

• Digimon Survive – Gameplay Trailer (BQ).jpg
    Digimon Survive – Gameplay Trailer (BQ).jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 7,440

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This trailer looks fantastic. So everyone is getting a fully dedicated evolution scene. And tons of new Digimon are confirmed

Mon-Ohma

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
0:31 Wow, this game will have a Hiro mode. :p

Gizmo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a maybe stupid question. Is the affiliate amazon link eligible for the pre-order Guilmon bonus ?

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, I saw Piedmon in that evolution sequence. I think that window is only for evolutions in battle, right? If so we know one of the other Ultimates available. Beelzebumon being here is new too, I think? I think is possible both are the final evolutions for Dracumon.

The Vegiemon is an ally (blue strip), so it might be Floramon's evolution. Or a recruited ally. Same for Garudamon. We see some Piyomon earlier, so it could be an evolution of it.

Edit: something else I noticed is that it seems even who you get to recruit affects your moral path. So there might be some digimon you won't be able to recruit if you are going strictly in a certain path and want to keep there. I might be wrong, but it doesn't seem like there is a difference in the UI for choices that do affect and choices that don't. The recruitment we see in the video definitely offers the same amount of choices as the other ones, tho.

Last edited:

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
my friend was extremely happy to see Beelzemon as it's his favorite.
I don't mind if my favorites are in or not because of how much I already love Minoru and Falcomon.

The game looks better every time I see it. I'm excited to end this month with it in my hands!

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, I saw Piedmon in that evolution sequence. I think that window is only for evolutions in battle, right? If so we know one of the other Ultimates available. Beelzebumon being here is new too, I think? I think is possible both are the final evolutions for Dracumon.

The Vegiemon is an ally (blue strip), so it might be Floramon's evolution. Or a recruited ally. Same for Garudamon. We see some Piyomon earlier, so it could be an evolution of it.

Edit: something else I noticed is that it seems even who you get to recruit affects your moral path. So there might be some digimon you won't be able to recruit if you are going strictly in a certain path and want to keep there. I might be wrong, but it doesn't seem like there is a difference in the UI for choices that do affect and choices that don't. The recruitment we see in the video definitely offers the same amount of choices as the other ones, tho.
We don't know if any of them are in the sequences, because they could be freely recruited stuff.

Except Wargreymon which does appear to evolve, but, like, we all knew Warg would be in Agumon's line, so that's not news.

AppliFang

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can someone who attends the panel asks if the there are multiple language options for all versions of the game?

Similar to pokemon sword and shield where u get to select a language b4 starting

Currently in Japan, and dont want to wait an extra day (and want hard copy preordered....to get Guilmon!)...AND in English?

^Hope that made sense haha

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

We don't know if any of them are in the sequences, because they could be freely recruited stuff.

Except Wargreymon which does appear to evolve, but, like, we all knew Warg would be in Agumon's line, so that's not news.
That screen only features digimon evolving, but I just saw Guilmon there, so yeah. It seems that mid-battle honeycomb-like evolution animation is not only for your digimon partners.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Minoru and Diatrymon doing that Evolution Cutscene I love it. So I assume all of them will get it.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With this confirming like 15 more Digimon for the game it's a pretty boring roster overall it's just adventure's 8, Tamers' 3, then a few randoms. Basically a roster that would be on a ps1 game

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, were we really expecting anything different? Of course the most popular Digimon are going to make up most of the roster. At least Fangmon made it in for once.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At least Fangmon made it in for once.
also original Falcomon, Shakomon, Floramon, Labramon, and Kunemon getting to shine as main characters! Only Shakomon was in Hacker's Memory from the ones I listed

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With this confirming like 15 more Digimon for the game it's a pretty boring roster overall it's just adventure's 8, Tamers' 3, then a few randoms. Basically a roster that would be on a ps1 game
Eh, disagree. There's a fair bit of interesting mons in this.

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally, the Etemon dating sim we’ve always wanted.
We did get the Epic Rap Battles of History fight between Etemon and Jimiken in Cyber Sleuth, I guess this was a logical next step.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is good to have more info. Plus it should be interesting. So we'll get some of the novel type stuff? ...So someone have made a reference to how it that reminds people of Shin Megumi Tensei? Or is that just me?

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is good to have more info. Plus it should be interesting. So we'll get some of the novel type stuff? ...So someone have made a reference to how it that reminds people of Shin Megumi Tensei? Or is that just me?
The game takes heavy inspiration from the Devil Survivor games, so it seems intentional.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh. OK. ...This will have some tough choices I'm sure. Let's hope they're not that hard.