New Survive Clip from Rulicon 2022

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

As part of Rulicon 2022 in Korea, we have some new Digimon Survive footage.

The footage is new, from the Korean version of the game, and appears to be from a reasonable current build of the game, and also features a small intro from Habu.

Nothing super wild, but with about 2.5 months to go, some new footage should have people quite happy, especially since it's showing a few interface updates.

Digimon Survive is out July 28th in Japan and July 29th worldwide.

Digimon Survive can be pre-ordered at Amazon.com: (affiliate links)
Digimon Survive for Switch
Digimon Survive for PS4
Digimon Survive for Xbox One

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 11,088

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's beautiful! I love how this game looks!

Katsu Hikaru

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's beautiful! I love how this game looks!
Me 2 a shame the negativity I've been seeing with the game not gonna lie i just hope it sells decently well at the very least.

D O R U g o r a m o n

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It seems the combat system will be decently complex so I'm looking forward to playing around with it.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Japanese voice acting for the Korean version. It feels too hasty to say that this is a sign the English version will also have Japanese voice acting but it still feels super likely.

I didn't have any prior idea of what Labramon would sound like but it definitely wasn't that.

I don't know why it sounds so odd to me.
I wonder if Kunemon could also become a Dokugumon?

Maybe I wasn't paying attention but I don't remember the tamers having chibi forms. I love it! This also seems to be spoilers as it seems to be the first digivolution of the game? Not too much context to be upset at least

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm surprised at the amount of HP that Dokugumon had, means the boss fights should be interesting.

Was cool seeing them talk with voices for the first time, though now I'm sad there doesn't appear to be a dub as that'd enhance what is meant to be a VN. If you're meant to have 50 hours of cutscenes I think it'll feel worse off not having them dubbed.

AppliFang

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ruli con? lol Like Ghost Games Ruli?! xD
Love how the monsters talk:

It's my turn, etc!

Illu

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gotta be honest, I'm a little disappointed that the battle system doesn't seem to involve the surroundings in any way. In my opinion, a small game like Survive should have the resources to make every battlefield unique in some way.

Besides my nitpick, I've got to say, the Graphics look better and better every time I see it. I knew from the beginning that the Chibi artstyle and the 2D PNG portraits were the way to go. Just what I need to wash out the taste of the other "Chibi" game I played recently (BDSP).

I'm completely fine without a Dub, so I'm pretty hyped about the voices actually sounding good. Also, anyone notice how Kunemon is surreptitiously missing from that shot in the boss fight where Agumon evolves and there's a Dokugumon there instead?

Edit: At 3:15, you can see that theres actually a box in the room, and it look's like it's targetable. Possibly some sort of enviroment you can interact in only in the school? Maybe some school supplies you can use as projectiles or something? I'm super intrigued!

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also, anyone notice how Kunemon is surreptitiously missing from that shot in the boss fight where Agumon evolves and there's a Dokugumon there instead?

Oh good spot, so Kunemon appears to evolve to Dokugumon and then... turns against you I guess. That sure is an early heel turn if that's what has happened like... the footage indicates this is the first evolution to Champion and Kunemon is already possibly evil. I guess he could also decide to attack his fellow Dokugumon brethren but who knows...

Illu

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also, anyone notice how Kunemon is surreptitiously missing from that shot in the boss fight where Agumon evolves and there's a Dokugumon there instead?

Oh good spot, so Kunemon appears to evolve to Dokugumon and then... turns against you I guess. That sure is an early heel turn if that's what has happened like... the footage indicates this is the first evolution to Champion and Kunemon is already possibly evil. I guess he could also decide to attack his fellow Dokugumon brethren but who knows...
I don't think Dokugumon (Kunemon) is necessarily evil. We've seen Digimon of the same species fight each other on different sides like Taichi vs Etemon's Greymon in adventure. Maybe the evil route evolves before the good route? Besides, Ryo really hates bugs, so I see no reason for him to side with a Giant Killer Spider that (Presumably) doesn't talk. Also, it doesn't have those "Evil" eyes the other Dokugumon has, but maybe that's just a boss thing.

I'm more curious about the Box though. From a purely gameplay perspective, the most effective tactic available is to have your Digimon with the best matchup, in terms of elements and attribute run up to the back of the big boss monster in child form, evolve then use your strongest attacks while the other two digimon deal with the minions and/or buff and heal your main guy. If the box indicates that there's some kind of gimmick to each field, then maybe the strategy will be more diverse and each field will have a mechanical difference. Maybe opening the box gives you a buff, or maybe you can throw or block attacks with it. Either way, it'd be cool if most battles could be a mad dash to figure out how to use the field to your advantage and maybe scramble for resources to use against the boss.

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Standard SRPG stuff.

I get the distinct impression that Greymon, at least, is a guaranteed evolution, and that it branches after that. Which would make sense.
Japanese voice acting for the Korean version. It feels too hasty to say that this is a sign the English version will also have Japanese voice acting but it still feels super likely.
thank god.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not like having a dub would force you to use it... you just pick which voices you want. Celebrating no dub is bad

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That Guilmon doll... He looked so evil and very menacing...

Oh finally more Survive news. But c'mon my patience finally rewarded me to endure so long!

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope the translator doesn't use the dub terms as well.
Also, adding other language voices would be a massive waste of game size since there'll be tons of dialogue.

Screenshots already show myotismon.

And English versions wouldn't have French etc voices in it. You'd have to import a French version.

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I get the distinct impression that Greymon, at least, is a guaranteed evolution, and that it branches after that
I only hope it to have at least one new evolution, Since habu said back in 2018 or 2019 that we can expect to see new evolutions for agumon. (never knew if he meant to an existent mon that never was used as agumon evo, or a whole new digimon).

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
my least favorite thing about the Cyber Sleuths being dubbed is that there's dialogue in battles that had no subtitles so I have no clue what's being said.
It's a small thing but I hope Survive doesn't repeat that

Last edited:

SleepingSigma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
my least favorite thong about the Cyber Sleuths being dubbed is that there's dialogue in battles that had no subtitles so I have no clue what's being said.
It's a small thing but I hope Survive doesn't repeat that
Unfortunately, the video shows exactly that. Labramon says something during battle as it heals Kunemon, but if you don't understand Japanese you're SOL.

It is a shame that there's likely no dub. Especially since they said the main story is only partly voiced.

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not like having a dub would force you to use it...
The many, many, many, many, many, many video games that had dubs and forced me to use them would say otherwise.