New Social Media Art, Larger Digimon Art & Profiles, Card Game Artwork, Kizuna Theater Updates, & More!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A few updates for Saturday!

First up, Kizuna will be adding more theaters in Japan!

2 more theaters on March 20th, 4 on March 27th, and 1 on April 3rd for a total of 7 new theaters.

This brings the total number of theaters showing the film to 68 from the original 48 (and 61 last time they announced an expansion.) The full list of theaters can be found here.

Then we have a stack of social media art...

First up, a nice relaxing Xros Wars image that the Digimon Web account posted on March 11th.

They posted it along with a positive message:
Today is a day you want to be calmer than usual.
Shoutmon also spent today being laid back.
In the digital world, in the real world, may it all be peaceful. šŸŒˆ
They didn't state the reason for the post, but it was a reasonably clear positive message on the anniversary of the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami (Xros Wars being used because the show was running at the time.)

Last night Digimon Web posted another piece of art, this time for White Day! White Day in Japan is when men give gifts to the women who gave them a gift on Valentine's Day a month prior.

The message posted along with the art is:
Piyomon, Palmon, & Tailmon are summoned on White Day to receive a present!
Etemon prepared the gift saying they would absolutely love it!
But... when opened, inside was Etemon himself all decked up?! It's pandemonium.

Last up for social media art...

Volcano Ota, the hero of all Digimon fans, shared a message and image of positivity during the current Coronavirus worries. An image by him of Leomon defeating the virus along with a message:
I tried to draw it with an idea... it's Leomon!
Let's work together and do our best!
AguChamp sent Ota a message worried about Leomon's health and Ota responded in English:
Thanks for your comment!
Don't worry, Leomon will wash and disinfect Shishi-o-maru, his blade, and also his hands.
Of course, gargle too!
And then, he doesn't meet other Digimon for a while.
Especially Data type!
A nice stack of social media art for the week.

And then...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

More large Digimon art from Bandai on Twitter. This time we get a small, but interesting batch.

No translations of the profiles, since they're all shortened versions of profiles we already have (and anytime we put these up, some of them we may have already had large art for.)

Included this time are Pipimon (art up above), Dracomon, Eosmon (Ultimate), Morphomon, Lopmon, and Terriermon to finish out the week!

If you want to discuss anything spoilery regarding any movie characters please head to either the movie discussion thread or the spoiler thread.

Next up, some art for those who love card games!

First up, Battle Spirits.

If you missed it earlier in the week, we have what we expect is the last art update for Battle Spirits CB11, the Digimon Last Evolution booster set! Over in the thread we've added a high resolution playmat featuring the art of the new evolutions from Kizuna, plus a look at the campaign cards that use CB02 artwork! Just lower resolution previews above for the playmat and a couple cards.

And then we have updates for those looking forward to the Digimon Card Game!

Just a few days ago we got a decent, but low resolution look at the final packaging for the 3 initial Digimon Card Game starter decks.

We have much higher resolution copies now. There are some quality and color issues, but it's significantly better than what we got a few days ago.

We also have clean images of what the card sleeves look like!

We also have confirmation that the previous letter labels for these are:
Set A- WarGreymon
Set B- MetalGarurumon
Set C- HolyAngemon
Set D- Angewomon

Pre-order details for the card game can be found here.

Last up, an update to news from yesterday...

Better quality versions of the images from the new Adventure: jigsaw puzzles!

We have better art of the first one since it's the pre-existing poster art, but getting the second image a bit larger and crisper is nice.

In addition, both are available to pre-order at CDJapan: (Affiliate links)
Jigsaw Puzzle 1, Digital Crisis Threat (Poster Art)
Jigsaw Puzzle 2, Chosen Children (New Art)

A huge stack of artwork and Kizuna getting more theaters isn't bad for a Saturday.

Attachments

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If that's how it works then Gatomon, Biyomon, and Palmon gave Etemon chocolate on valentines lol. (or etemon just trolling which is more likely). Funny art. White day sounds pretty cool

And if only Leomon could do that for real.

That Lopmon art isn't its DRB art interestingly.

Kite_Moonwall

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The HobbyLinkJapan website has sold out of preorders for the card sleeves. Is there any other sites that offer them?

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Coincidentally, 2020 marks the 10th anniversary of Xros Wars.

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really like the Leomon art, but there's something really ironic about using Leomon of all 'mons. He doesn't have a great reputation for coming out of situations okay...

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really like the Leomon art, but there's something really ironic about using Leomon of all 'mons. He doesn't have a great reputation for coming out of situations okay...
Well at least he is Vaccine so he'd be alright... Let's pray for his heroic sacrifice.

Pipimon got a lot of comments and Dracomon had fewer comments at same time :/

Never knew Dracomon art got so much black lines of "shading". It does feel like it's ancient art to look at.

It was Etemon? I thought it was white chocolate painted MetalEtemon coated his coat.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love how not only does the image have Leomon cut down the virus, his next comment is him taking the precautions to prevent himself from spreading it. Leomon is truly the hero we need in times like these.

Well at least he is Vaccine so he'd be alright... Let's pray for his heroic sacrifice.

Never knew Dracomon art got so much black lines of "shading". It does feel like it's ancient art to look at.

It was Etemon? I thought it was white chocolate painted MetalEtemon coated his coat.
It makes sense when you consider how they've been used in the franchise. Dracomon is a 10th anniversary Digimon, but it came out when interest was at a low and only really had a bit role in XW to speak of with no big moment to sell him. Pipimon didn't do as much, but the moment it pops up is notable for 02 since it comes at the end of Oikawa's arc and the final episode of the season, so more fans are bound to remember it. So it was basically at the right place at the right time, and you can clearly see that in how most of the comments refer to that moment.

SparkGold

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hadn't noticed the Leomon art where he battles corona virus cells. The idea of vaccine Digimon fighting for humans makes me happy. Volcano Ota is such a great person who brings a smile to me, I now also can't think of Volcano Ota without thinking of one of my favorite data types, Pile Volcamon.
Pipimon is much more rare to see and we saw a good, high resolution look at Dracomon in the Digital Artbook 20th scans hosted here in With the Will's gallery so overall it feels a lot less "new". It's still great to see Dracomon and I doubt it has a shortage of fans but it's usually the underdogs or newer Digimon that get more discussions going

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess I didn't bother checking Dracomon art in Digital Artbook 20th scans because there was already card of him which was good enough for me before reference book update.

I agree about Pipimon's appearance was far more saddest moment that will never be forgotten easily. Dracomon appearing in Xros was not pretty impressive... But at least his evo lines and Cyber Sleuth series made him outstanding.

Leomon is truly hero. Taking countermeasures to stop it from spreading. But didn't we have few medic Appmons?

SparkGold

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Leomon is truly hero. Taking countermeasures to stop it from spreading. But didn't we have few medic Appmons?
some Digimon I would love to see help Leomon are the original vaccine type Nanomon/Datamon before the corruption happened that turned some (all?) into viruses. It's a never seen Digimon species I had been wanting to meet for a while that would have specialized in nanomedicine

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It would be very interesting if Nanomon with the fully fixed appearance when he is "restored" aka Vaccine type. You mentioned caused me realized Digimon didn't have any medical species (Excluded Appmons)... Angewomon nurse isn't counting.

I remember the last Valentines day where Lilithmon and Ofanimon in chibi showing off their sunglasses? Or it wasn't Valentines picture?
I'm surprised they didn't use "Kindness" armor digimon or even... Weddinmon? For Valentines day.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ha. Oh Etemon. You massive weirdo. But if a Digimon or Ex-Aid could take out that virus. ...Or Dr. Mario. Heh heh heh