New Social Media Art, Card Game Artwork, Adventure: Line Account, Kizuna Evolution Name Origin Story

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A few different recent things to show off today.

First off, a stack of social media art, and first for that is an image of Lilymon being a streaming personality. The Digimon Web account posted this art along with a fun message:
"Heyaaa [everyone]!!! Hello!!!🎶 Got some news to deliver today!"🌺
It looks like Lilymon saw the video site 'Apptube' and wants to be a princess vtuber.
Playing games, singing songs, talking. Princess Lilymon is aiming to be a popular vtuber!

Next up, another one having to do with streaming...

Another fun bit of social media art from the Digimon Web account, although the message will need a bit of explaining:
We see the tag #生神もんざえもん [NamagamiMonzaemon] but what is that? One of Monzaemon's friends?
A short explanation...
A Japanese Virtual Youtuber has been playing Digimon World & something seemingly happened with Monzaemon in it, so Japanese viewers have been posting that hashtag, which combines the Youtuber and Monzaemons names.

The last bit of social art...

Volcano Ota, hero of all Digimon fans, shared another image and message of a Digimon fighting the Coronavirus. This time it's Beelzebumon Blast Mode. And the message is:
Since people were pointing out his technique name, and I felt like drawing, this time here's Beelzebumon Blast Mode! Some of you may be thinking "This guy's getting a bit ahead of himself due to his previous Leomon drawing!" (I don't deny it💧), but once I start drawing stuff like this, I strangely get into the "groove" of it... Anyway, let's all work together and do our best!

Another nice batch of social media art for the week.

Next up..

If you use Line, Digimon Adventure: has opened an official account. The avatar is Koushiro playing with a 2-in-1 style laptop that looks very much like the classic Pineapple laptop from Adventure.

The QR code above (and at the link) allows you to add the account.

Then we have card game stuff!

A few days ago we got a really nice look at the Garurumon and WereGarurumon promo cards that came with the new issue of V-Jump!

And last up...

Over 2 tweets the Digimon Adventure Twitter posted an explanation of how they came up with the names for the new evolutions in Kizuna! (Tweet 1, 2):
We had a tough time coming up with the names of the new Digimon "Agumon- Bonds of Courage" and "Gabumon- Bonds of Friendship." There were many suggestions put on the table, like having it be all English like "BraveAgumon" or adding Taichi Yagami's initials "TY" at the end of the name... Deciding on the names was a rough journey.

The movie production side suggested "There are going to be people of all ages, from old to young, male and female, who will be watching the movie, so why not have names where they can understand the meaning just by seeing it?" to which we said, "Good point! Then let's just make really obvious names!" which is how these names were decided.

Just a small batch of updates for the end of the weekend.

Attachments

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interestingly the corona attack names of Beelzemon are from the dub so I guess Ota is aware of the dub. (Or googled it since fans kept replying it to him like he said lol)

I personally would've preferred BraveAgumon and FriendshipGabumon but oh well.

As for Lillymon I'm sure she'd be a good YouTuber lol

ArkheStar

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah they made the names a bit too obvious? good thing I stored an JP account for line xD

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still feel like I'm missing context on the Monzaemon tag. What was the thing that happened in their playthrough?
When it comes to the Bonds names, I wish them luck dealing with names that long and inevitably having to find a shorthand for them

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
PrincessLilimon in youtube... She sure got some good alternative costumes. High school girl (Shown in the card but it's only just costume and it didn't count as new form), BantyoLilimon (delinquent schoolgirl), Fairy tale-like version of X-Antibody (Lilimon X), sister (Lilamon) and now it's PrincessLilimon for Virtual Idol youtuber. Rosemon? Very fewer than what Lilimon have...

I'm surprised Bandai and Ota does know their fans very well...

Naming for Agumon/Gabumon Bond... How did it led to this? Tough time naming? I thought they were awake of how they kept creating more Omegamon species and anybody could get tired of this so they'd avoid it by naming "Bond of" so lazily but managed to give them such weird names and avoid the repeating patterns of creating tons of "Grey/Garuru" mon subspecies at same time....

Kotekuma

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
BraveAgumon would have been a cool name but FriendshipGabumon sounds cheesy and doesn't reflect the digimon's design. TrustGabumon would sound better.

I would have definitely, for accuracy's sake, preferred if they were named with Greymon and Garurumon as the roots.

But for function's sake in regards to the movie, the names are aptly decided.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ha. She'd be a great and popular Youtuber. So would a lot of the female humanoid Digimon. But Maybe just Bonds Greymon and Bonds Garurumon would have been easy.

LotusRose

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Regarding Agumon-BOC and Gabumon-BOF, I mostly just found it odd that they used their Child names as opposed to Greymon and Garurumon. I mean they're clearly modelled off of the latter.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Regarding Agumon-BOC and Gabumon-BOF, I mostly just found it odd that they used their Child names as opposed to Greymon and Garurumon. I mean they're clearly modelled off of the latter.
I think that's pretty much the whole point. They aren't evolutions of Greymon and Garurumon; they're direct-evolutions of Agumon and Gabumon. They're probably modeled off Greymon and Garurumon precisely because they're the Adults of Agumon and Gabumon.

"What would Agumon look like if he grew up into an adult humanoid? Probably a humanoid Adult-level Agumon (AKA Greymon)."
The focus is on Agumon and Gabumon. It's just that the traits of their future potential are included within that focus, not unlike how their X-Antibodies incorporate traits of their Adult-levels.

Last edited: