New series announced, Digimon Adventure sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In the Digimon Adventure 15th Anniversary Event a new series for spring 2015 was announced. It portrays Taichi as 17 years old and in high school.

The series's title is not yet known, although the preview shows the Digimon Adventure logo.

The video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVnqtcBcsPo

The website: http://digimon-adventure.net/ - don't forget to nade-nade!

Edit: Update 1 of Nade Nade was Botamon with a message of 'Thank you for so many nade-nade! Just a moment!

Last edited by a moderator:

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well. They did not outright say new series. But it pretty much sounded that way.

I am really laughing, though. Because last christmas I wrote a blog entry saying: "If I was to announce a new series, I would make a anniversary event in Odaiba and show a movie and then at the end of the movie I would make a very cryptic trailer, that says nothing, much, but gets people hyped."

Also: I will get the next V-Jump, now.
Though I am blank. >.< Really start wondering, if I should ask for donations, so I will be able to buy the V-Jump in the next months...

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder whether they will fix the plothole they made in Hunter or not.

And somehow, I have a bad feeling that the one who partnered with Huckmon will be Ryo Akiyama.

WarOmnimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*Insert Daniel Bryan "YES!" chant here*

Things are looking up guys! Not only do we have a new season coming, but it's continuing where Adventure (Both original and 02) left off. Minus the time jump at the end of 02, of course. Sure beats a remake which was rumored.

Considering that the new season is, for what we understand, going to cover what happens prior to the time jump ending, I wonder what the main story will entail. There are way too many possibilities at this point to even consider in one post. Regardless, I'm happy that they're probably going back to the old formula.

Also, in before the announcement that a new character will be partnered with Hackmon. :p

Magna Lion

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A sequel to Adventures? Awesome! I hope the other Season 1 characters will not be sidelined here and new characters taking their places. I'm looking forward to whatever new stuff they'll make here.

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder whether they will fix the plothole they made in Hunter or not.
What plot hole?
Have you forgotten that 5th grader Taichi had met Daisuke in Hunter?
That's not a plothole. Daisuke meeting Taichi doesnt change nothing, because it was after the 02 adventure, and they didn't tell nothing to Taichi's group. And Taichi and the rest of his group maybe the didn't say nothing to the next group. I can't see why this is a plothole.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fuck yes! This just helped make a crap couple of days so much better. Lol at WarOmnimon I thought the same thing with DB yes chants lol. Also moved this to the news / announcements

Kronkmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Holy fuckin shit, this and the new rumble arena game has been unreal. I can't wait to see all the new digivolutions plus hopefully the other's mega levels will make appearances, and i really really hope they old english voice actors will be used. Holy shit i've gotten too revved too late these last two nights.

hcno

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whaaaaaaaaaaat ? After the livestream where they announced the blu-ray I thought it was already the end of the event, and I was like "Oh shit, I'm a bit disapointed no big announcement", so is the anniversary event still on ?

Anyway, I'm really, really happy with an Adventure sequel, I was just hoping something like that would happen and thank god not a "remake".
Too bad this probably won't make it to France, as we've not had any Digimon products for years... like nothing after Tamers. But one can still hope.

Zeether

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it too early to hope it makes it to the US? Granted we've never really missed out on a single Digimon anime even though Fusion/Xros took some time because of the Saban stuff, so maybe this won't be as long...

Voidmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wasn't expecting them to announce a new series, much less a sequel. There is not even 3 years since Xros Wars ended in Japan, but I will gleefully take it.
I've been saying if they did yet another sequel for Adventure I would prefer for Toei to not use the epilogue for the plot and make an interquel between it and the final episode of 02, and it seems this is exactly what they are going for. Not using the epilogue is a wise choice, I don't have much problems with the pairings, but I'd still hate to see a season featuring mini-clones of the Digidestined, down to having the exactly same partners. I want new stuff and that is what we are getting, I'm so happy I can't contain my emotions.
With some luck they may even use these unfinished plotlines from 02.

hcno

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The website seems to be down atm, was there a trailer or some pictures with this announcement ?

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Something I really want to see is how almost all of them change their dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.