MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
More ReArise updates!

First, a new trailer!

The newest trailer shows a bunch of different gameplay elements, along with narration explaining them.

A lot of these have been explained to various degrees in recent V-Jumps, but this is the first time we've seen footage for a number of these.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Then we have a small bit of the story of the game...

This is a story where your Digimon will ReArise…

Pusurimon has settled inside your smartphone, unnoticed.

As the two of you chat casually through your smartphone, little by little you grow closer.

One day as the calm days passed by, you were attacked by an enemy “Spiral” that suddenly appeared.

Its mind focused on wanting to rescue you, Pusurimon “ReArises” from your smartphone.

It then evolves to Erismon to fight together with you!

From here, your new adventure with the Digimon is about to begin...

We've had the story bit for awhile, but we didn't have a proper translation until now.

On top of that, a new Digirise Communication is out. The new one is Volume 4- Characters Part 2. Part 1 was more teasing than giving us actual character details as I recall...

The new one gives us a bunch of information on the characters though!

The article was once again a conversation between 'Producer P' and 'C'. Garm has cleaned it up to just the character details to make it easier to read for everyone.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Takumi and Dorumon

Takumi is cold towards the player, because of something that happened in the past... As the story progresses you get more involved with the Digimon and other tamers. You may be able to change Takumi's way of thinking eventually?

Dorumon is a loyal Digimon who will do anything for Takumi. It does its best to control its behavior when with Takumi, but its still a playful child level at heart. It has some cute lines when interacting with the other Digimon.

Takumi and Dorumon's teamwork is flawless, and their battle prowess is a cut above the other tamer-partner pairs.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Michi and Plotmon

Michi has a naive and pure personality, and is already in high gear from her debut scene. You feel energetic just looking at her go.

Plotmon has a very positive personality. Michi and Plotmon's conversations play out like chitchat between two close friends, kind of like between high school girls.

The pair set the mood for the team.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Keito and Elecmon

Unlike Michi and Plotmon, a pair with similiar personalities, Keito and Elecmon are a pair with completely different personalities.

Keito is shy and serious, preferring to maintain the status quo.

There's a scene in the game's story where you get to see Elecmon first being rearised, as well as Keito's reaction.

Elecmon is super energetic and almost like the personification of mischief and has a bit of a spoiled side.

Elecmon looks up to Keito (in a different way from Dorumon), saying things like "Keito, you're so awesome!"

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Mayu is a kind, considerate, feminine girl, and is an iyashikei character (iyashikei roughly means 'healing', it'd most easily be associated with a calm slice of life show that makes you feel better and soothes you.) She has a calm, somewhat floaty demeanor.

She attends vocation school where she is training to become a patissière. She has a family-oriented side to her that is very strong, which boys admire.

Kudamon is always protecting Mayu, trying to make sure that she doesn't come into contact with bad influences, and gives Mayu advice when she feels lost.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Regarding Chihiro and the other girl in the opening, they say to let your imagination run wild with them for now. We'll learn more about them gradually after this. They may have plans for them in the future based on user input.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Some great character details and more ReArise to come soon no doubt...

ReArise doesn't currently have an official release date outside of 'summer', but July 29th has been listed as a standby date in app stores.

Update- Two more things....

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Plus another photo of the Erismon plush!

Both of the newest bits are related. The votes have been tallied up and we know who the winner of the recent vote was... plus Producer P confirmed that they have already hit 250,000 pre-registrations, so the character who won will be given to everyone.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The winner of the fan vote is V-mon!

This was the fifth tier of pre-registration prizes offered, and they've added an 'and more' message to the tier list on the official website.

Thanks to shin and garm for the translations.

Update- Added the new trailer.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shame Erismon doesn't start in the first baby stage

shaikgb

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
thanks for the translation shin and gram
so if they won't change the date there is about a month until the game release! i hope we get to see erismon mega soon
isn't that how it normally is? since we seen his 1st baby form in a trailer we probably be able to get him later

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added the new ReArise trailer, plus the winner of the fan vote.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks really cool for a mobile game. <3

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting that the special attacks (and maybe all attacks?) appear to have levels of their own (V-mon Head Lv.1, Darkness Gear Lv.1).

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In surprised they gave Hagurumon a new move (compared to CS/NO/HM that is). Or it's the same but the animation was changed

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This does sound nice. And those character descriptions really do fit with the designs.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In surprised they gave Hagurumon a new move (compared to CS/NO/HM that is). Or it's the same but the animation was changed

The animation must have changed. It's always been Darkness Gear (what the English version calls "Cog Crusher").

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The animation must have changed. It's always been Darkness Gear (what the English version calls "Cog Crusher").

Aye, Cog Crusher. I Googled shortly after seeing it and it is indeed the same move. It's a new attack animation. Wonder if anything else got changed

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So far everything we've seen (unless they are still hiding lots of major gameplay elements) seems to show the "village" aspect as nothing more than a beefed up Digifarm which is honestly a bit disappointing. I espected something more actually harvest moon like but maybe my expectations just went in the wrong direction.
The rest of the gameplay looks okay as far as mobile games go, the combat system seems very similar to the kind of standard real time cooldown based stuff that soul chaser does...
The story could still be interesting though. What especially jumped out at me was Takumi having a connection to the protagonist's past (maybe they ate his parents or something) and I hope that means that the protagonist will have an actual backstory and personality and won't just end up as a bland stand-in for the player.

You always tend to get your starting Digimon in games as a child level because baby level Digimon are just not fancy enough to hook players in. The number of games that start you off below child level can probably be counted on one hand, the direct V-Pet simulators for Wonderswan and Sega Saturn, as well as DRO and D-Project are then ones that I can remember off the top of my head and It's a very good thing that we don't start off games having to slog through the baby levels as far I'm concerned.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those four games you stated in your post, Next Order, World DS too. That's 6

and tbf, I'm more surprised you don't start with Erismon himself, I just wanted to see the baby 1 form since it's been teased a few times in the YT vids

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So far everything we've seen (unless they are still hiding lots of major gameplay elements) seems to show the "village" aspect as nothing more than a beefed up Digifarm which is honestly a bit disappointing. I espected something more actually harvest moon like but maybe my expectations just went in the wrong direction.
The rest of the gameplay looks okay as far as mobile games go, the combat system seems very similar to the kind of standard real time cooldown based stuff that soul chaser does...
The story could still be interesting though. What especially jumped out at me was Takumi having a connection to the protagonist's past (maybe they ate his parents or something) and I hope that means that the protagonist will have an actual backstory and personality and won't just end up as a bland stand-in for the player.

Yeah I've seen several RPG mobage having the same real time static battle system with the cooldown stuffs. Probably it would be like that.