New North American Licensing Agent for Digimon

agunimonX001

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well then I have to ask this then, Do you think Funimation will get the Licensing?

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't really think that the previous digimon anime really need a redub as, compared to other anime dubbed at the time and before it, it was pretty faithful to the original story (albeit with the obvious Americanizations that occurred here and there). I'd say the only things that would really need to be redubbed would be Movies 1-3, as they were heavily butchered into a single dub film (Movie 3 especially).

If they were redub them, the only differences would probably be some different names, music, uncut footage, less jokes, and more serious dialogue. But when you look at that as a whole, that's not quite as big a difference as it seems.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Sabrblade link=topic=14110.msg179505#msg179505 date=1270754275]I'd say the only things that would really need to be redubbed would be Movies 1-3, as they were heavily butchered into a single dub film (Movie 3 especially).[/quote]

Let's be honest... it made the third movie 100 times more watchable.

viperzerof-2

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i would like to see the original and our war game without it

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually have seen all 3 movies. I can't say how but I have. Not that bad but, the best part of fusing the movies together was Chris McFeely's parody fic of it he made.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Unknown Neo link=topic=14110.msg179517#msg179517 date=1270770028]
I actually have seen all 3 movies. I can't say how but I have. Not that bad but, the best part of fusing the movies together was Chris McFeely's parody fic of it he made.
[/quote]Who hasn't seen the original movies?

agunimonX001

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I admit I have not seen the 3rd movie all the way threw.

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Vande link=topic=14110.msg179540#msg179540 date=1270795963]
Well with Funi's site, it would be nice if they let the whole world actually view on it. As for redubs, i don't think that is required.
[/quote]

They probably have the same problem crunchyroll has where because the world divided up the broadcast rights to Digimon, some of these country's providers have contract language that probably comes down to no one else is allowed to "broadcast" the show to that country.