New Level from Kizuna Revealed in V-Jump by Mistake?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A small update...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The recent issue of V-Jump showed a few of the upcoming Battle Spirits Digimon Last Evolution cards, and they've posted a correction for the Agumon card (posted above, with the image moved around for ease of viewing.)

The misprint from the magazine is on the left, while the correction is on the right.

In comparing them, the only difference is the one printed in the magazine mentions 'God level'.

Whether this was 'actually' a misprint, or them accidentally revealing a new evolution level (for the new evolutions in the movie) isn't currently known, but if it 'was' them accidentally revealing the new level early, one would wonder why they would call more attention to it...

'God' as a level was previously only used for Appmon as it's final level.

Whether it's a mistake or a new level name, we will certainly find out rather soon.

Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna, the 20th Anniversary film for Digimon Adventure, comes out February 21 in Japan and March 25th in the US.

CB-11 Collaboration Booster Digimon Last Evolution will be released on Saturday, February 29th, 2020, roughly a week after the release of Last Evolution Kizuna in Japanese theaters.

Prior details on the new card set can be found here.

Thanks to shin and onkei for translation details.

e105zeta

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty redundant given most Ultimate level Digimon are already like gods, and many are based on literal gods . . . I'm actually hoping it's a mistake. Plus, Super Ultimate is already a thing.

If they were going to add a new level, I'd actually prefer something between Child and Adult - an adolescent stage like what Tamagotchi did.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well it's probably a typo since Agumon wouldn't be this new level.

But if it was, people would probably deny it's a level like ultra.

Neilandio

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Adding new levels is never a good idea. Armors, hybrids, xros digimon and appmon are all forgotten with a few exceptions.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well it's probably a typo since Agumon wouldn't be this new level.
That has nothing to do with it. If you actually look at the info box showing the level of the card itself, it says Child level (in both versions), like it should.
The "God" Level is/was mentioned in another part of the card text way further down.
It'll be interesting to see what the actual context of the mention is...

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope it was just a mistake, unless the evolution mechanic is significantly different it would just be really redundant since we already have Super Ultimate. Not to mention how it would make there be, like, 3 definitions of Ultimate level and 2 definitions of God level. We really don't need to make things more confusing.

Nightwing

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is actually very exciting, I’ve speculated about this sort of thing in the past so it’s crazy that I might have been on the right track.

The Ultra or Super Ultimate level has never really been a thing in the anime. PM and MM are not different from their base forms or from WarGreymon, for example.

I’ll go more into why I think it’d be a cool concept if this error actually means something and isn’t just a random error lol.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's an error, pure and simple.

Remember that Battle Spirits, the card game Digimon is collaborating with, not only treats Digimon Levels as Families (think Races in Magic the Gathering) but has no less than five Families that have "God" in their name. I can easily believe that whoever was writing card effects got confused hence the correction.

Last edited:

Ragnalord

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It should be an error, getting to super ultimate, most of the time is acquiring full power from another digimon while the digimon who is going to turn to super ultimate is ultimate and they have not even explored this enough, neither is armor evolution, jogress, randomly making another level enter where it requires 100s of digimon to fuse together is pointless.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
100s of Digimon to fuse together to another level? Well it may be weird for countless Kuramon to just evolve into Armagemon directly or few Pagumons to Raremon...
But I think it'd require insane amounts of "Data" size/weight to evolve to next level. Perfect and Ultimate levels are not easy to reach there. But why 100 when the rules of Battle Spirits will limit copies? (I'm just new to this Battle Spirits but just enjoying the artworks yo)

And bringing unique levels like Armor or others will end up being not needed in Battle Spirits and will turn into attack powers instead anyways.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shoutmon X7F is already millions of Digimon fusing together, and is just classified as Mega in its various appearances outside the anime/DRB

Ragnalord

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whatever drb we have for shoutmon x7sm only says that he only likes to fuse with digimon who desire peace in the battlefield, not like in the anime where he fuses with anything/everything but that's xros anime for ya, to be fair the code crown was involved so yeah + xros only allows a digimon who fused to take fraction of another digimons power, it's not like jogress an perfect fusion or super ultimate, attaining full mass of data and its power that is why x7sm is seen as possibly an ultra that is it.

To put an good example, if shoutmon x7sm were to appear in digimon chronicles x final battle against ogudomon x, he would fuse with those thousands of evil digimon and good digimon because they all wanted to stop ogudomon x, otherwise he would only be able to fuse with the good one.

Sparrowhawk and muur you both took it literally. When I see god level, it must mean more than acquiring full power of another digimon, external source power like darkness stone maybe? Who knows.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Darkness Stone"?

I don't know if it's really "God" level or mislabel. It's better to wait for some confirmations to come when this arrive.