New Kizuna Ad Shows new Evolutions

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think I'm starting to like those body designs not the heads. They actually look cool now. But their tail designs are odd. I mean, it's not Wolf and Dinosaur tails... I guess it's a bit unique. I wonder if they don't have weapons?
The tails are actually some of my favourite details. For the Greymon, you can actually see what looks like a miniature Grey Sword on it. Such a thin tail is odd for a Greymon, but it works given WarGreymon doesn’t have one. Working in an Omegamon reference just the same way previous Greymon forms are referenced kinda sells the “stronger than Omegamon” idea to me pretty well. The Garurumon having such a beefy tail just brings to mind the reptilian Gabumon tail that we don’t see after it evolves.

I’m not sure what to make of those rings, honestly. The purple scarf at least works as a nice reference to MetalGreymon’s wings.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well VictoryGreymon got the tail. But you are right about the extreme thin tail doesn't match well with that such Titan body.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think they got each other's tail, no? A dino tail for the wolf, a 'wolf' tail for the dino.
The one detail I am not fond of is how bulky and overcomplicated the piece on Garuru's stomach is. If it doesn't have a very particular function it's unnecessarily grating against the whole.

kintang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What was up with the human mouth, especially on Greymon? It is off putting... Design may grew on me one day but right now?...Errhhh..

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder when we’ll get reference book updates for these two and Eosmon. Does anyone remember how long it took for the new Digimon from tri.?

At the very least, we might see these guys as Battle Spirits cards soon since the set releases on the 29th.

I think they got each other's tail, no? A dino tail for the wolf, a 'wolf' tail for the dino.
The one detail I am not fond of is how bulky and overcomplicated the piece on Garuru's stomach is. If it doesn't have a very particular function it's unnecessarily grating against the whole.
I guess that fits, since we kinda saw that in WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon in the original series. The cyborg MetalGreymon becomes a more, upright and humanoid warrior with more traditional weaponry, while the upright and humanoid WereGarurumon becomes a cyborg with missiles and stuff packed in all over its body.

So the “Last Evolution” here parallels their Ultimate evolution at the end of the Vamdemon arc.

I’m guessing the stomach is where there’s going to be a whole Garuru Canon. Makes sense for an evolution to MetalGarurumon, and the Grey Sword is already referenced on the new Greymon with its tail so I expect something similar on the new Garurumon.

Agent Z

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Strangely, I think I might like these forms more if they were more humanoid. As in, we could see their full faces as opposed to just their lower faces which is always the case with human digimon.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You guys really think it's "Wolf tail" for that KizunaGreymon? Canine tails usually have fluff brush. That tail is more of.... Devil tail! Not feline tail. But so yeah it's weird Devil tail thingy.

I can't handle new Greymon at all, it just looks ridiculous still being orange but having humanlike anatomy. I CAN'T STOP LOOKING AT ITS LIPS, ITS FLESHY ORANGE HUMAN LIPS!
Damn your line made me had to look at THAT LIPS. GREYMON LIPS! I can see why it's hard to like him....

Notus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For everyone confused with the Garurumon rings: in the screencap where he is charging, you can see the rings are part of Garurumon's wings.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn your line made me had to look at THAT LIPS. GREYMON LIPS! I can see why it's hard to like him....
I don’t know what the big deal is with the lips, there is nothing special about them. It’s simply how they are stylized on anything detailed and humanoid. If he had a weird reptilian lipless face it would look far more weird.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You guys really think it's "Wolf tail" for that KizunaGreymon? Canine tails usually have fluff brush. That tail is more of.... Devil tail! Not feline tail. But so yeah it's weird Devil tail thingy.
I didn’t notice it at first either, but it’s the Garurumon tail (just with a Greymon head and sword instead of the little fur at the end lol).

For everyone confused with the Garurumon rings: in the screencap where he is charging, you can see the rings are part of Garurumon's wings.
I just wonder what it’s supposed to be, some kind of air blade fans? It looks similar enough to the wings on MetalGarurumon that I like it as a design element, I just wonder what it is (and I’m sure we’ll find out either during the movie or when more information is released).

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don’t know what the big deal is with the lips, there is nothing special about them. It’s simply how they are stylized on anything detailed and humanoid. If he had a weird reptilian lipless face it would look far more weird.
Well that had me remembered Anime Spongebob. And it gives off discomforting feeling from just seeing his whole face. I don't know how to describe well eh. I suppose it's not enough Digimon-ish maybe that's why I felt disturbed?

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You guys really think it's "Wolf tail" for that KizunaGreymon?
Yeah, like @Nightwing said, Garurumon's tail is like that, except with a tuft instead of a blade at the end, obviously. MetalGarurumon's tail is also thin with a blade tip rather than fluffy as well.

Yeah, I don't get it either; I see the close-ups of Tai, Mat, New Gururumon and New Greymon, and they all have similarly designed lips, and Greymon's are not any more pronounced than the rest. They look perfectly normal to me as a shape, and as a color. Also, in a more general way, their faces look and feel the same as Agnimon's and Wolfmon's who had the exact same anatomy of monstrous/beastly upper half and humanoid lower half for their faces.

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These new evolutions for Takuya and Koji, I mean Agumon and Gabumon look really cool.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, like @Nightwing said, Garurumon's tail is like that, except with a tuft instead of a blade at the end, obviously. MetalGarurumon's tail is also thin with a blade tip rather than fluffy as well.
Yeah but Garurumon's tail is no different than Koromon's ears, just longer. It's... Digimon's uniqueness of thin/flat floppy rabbit ear thingy.
MetalGarurumon's tail still have "fluffy tip" shaped blade you know? XD

Hmm maybe it's just KizunaGreymon's face is not enough Digimon-ish for me so I can't deal with it like that? Err I don't know how to explain it very well.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder when we’ll get reference book updates for these two and Eosmon. Does anyone remember how long it took for the new Digimon from tri.?
We did not get omnimon merciful mode profile, but we did get the profile for meicoomon line and ordinemon.

Hopefully we get profile on entire eosmon line soon, I'm not even sure if we gonna get agumon and gabumon super ultimates profile :(

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm maybe it's just KizunaGreymon's face is not enough Digimon-ish for me so I can't deal with it like that? Err I don't know how to explain it very well.
I mean, Angemon has a very human-like face with realistic facial features. I’m pretty sure if Angemon or Angewomon has the same lighting and shading applied to them, they’d look exactly like these guys.

We did not get omnimon merciful mode profile, but we did get the profile for meicoomon line and ordinemon.

Hopefully we get profile on entire eosmon line soon, I'm not even sure if we gonna get agumon and gabumon super ultimates profile :(
Well if we at least get the Eosmon profiles in decent time, I won’t complain lol. Bummer that they aren’t too timely with this stuff, but I guess it works since there’s a high chance the Battle Spirits set will give us the names

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
GREYMON LIPS
Well maybe I will like him afterwards if I watch this movie depending on how he takes action. But still unlike KizunaGarurumon's head, It might be long time to get used to it anyways...

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For me, it's the fact that he has a completely humanoid face, but is still Greymon-colored. The lips are just the thing that stand out most to me, maybe just because of the angle of that one screenshot. It just makes me think of Handsome Squidward.