New Kizuna Ad Shows new Evolutions

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When the rest of the spoilers are no longer spoilers would be my take, I can't think of any reason why it would be anything else.
Spoilers will always be spoilers. It's just that when there's a continuity, older content are assumed to be common knowledge when discussing newer content.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When the rest of the spoilers are no longer spoilers would be my take, I can't think of any reason why it would be anything else.
Spoilers will always be spoilers. It's just that when there's a continuity, older content are assumed to be common knowledge when discussing newer content.
I was referring to how we typically consider it fair game to openly, widely discuss/share spoilers as if they were common knowledge once the films are out or have been out for a while. Just like most major channels of information do.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Got to say, I’m not a fan of these. Garurumon’s alright, though too randomly human. Greymon weirds me the hell out. It’s the first time I can remember having a real problem with a new design.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was referring to how we typically consider it fair game to openly, widely discuss/share spoilers as if they were common knowledge once the films are out or have been out for a while. Just like most major channels of information do.
Except that's typically what's not done, unless there's a news embargo or a serious possibility of copyright threat.
For example, magazine scans are treated as fair game for discussion as soon as the first scans are leaked, even when said magazines are still not quite officially released yet. WtW does it with V-Jump, and on the Pokemon side of things, CoroCoro leaks are treated the same way.
Moreover, this isn't about some illegal anonymous leak, but an officially-published trailer.

Mon-Ohma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not really doing much for me if I'm honest. :/

Even if we exclude my general disinterest towards overly humanised designs, these still don't stick out as particularly memorable in their own right.

In fact, at a glance. They look more akin to something that would be more at home in the likes of Evangelion. That, or some Furry's wet dream...

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Surprised to see most people are accepting Human Garurumon but not to Human Greymon. I guess it must be that orange skin/armor suit or Grey Helmet.

Human types in suits: Any animals are okay. Birds are okay. Insects are okay. Sea animals are okay. Dragons (And Reptiles rarely) are okay but when it comes to Greymon really very specifically, it instantly became disliked. Like ShineGreymon somewhat I guess?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well this is something. Being what is supposed their final evo, I guess it fits that they're so humanoid. Let's see how they really look once we get clear shots.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't handle new Greymon at all, it just looks ridiculous still being orange but having humanlike anatomy. I CAN'T STOP LOOKING AT ITS LIPS, ITS FLESHY ORANGE HUMAN LIPS! At least new Garurumon is flesh colored under his armor!

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I CAN'T STOP LOOKING AT ITS LIPS, ITS FLESHY ORANGE HUMAN LIPS!
I can’t stop eitherrr! They’re so.. plump and overly-emphasized. I know I’ve commented several times in this thread already but I genuinely cannot get over the Greymon one in particular.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I noticed something interesting on both ones' back. See two shiny rings on Human Garurumon's back? Look like it belongs to ShineGreymon. And the scarf on Human Greymon look like it belongs to Wolfmon. Although I'm sure Garmmon and MetalGarurumon shares the same thing design on their back as that Human Garurumon excluding MirageGaogamon...

I think I'm starting to like those body designs not the heads. They actually look cool now. But their tail designs are odd. I mean, it's not Wolf and Dinosaur tails... I guess it's a bit unique. I wonder if they don't have weapons?

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very interesting. I can't wait to learn more about them.

Dante

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New Greymons design doesn't really seem like it can decide if it wants to be more human like or creature like. New Garurumon's doesn't either but at least it seems to flow a bit better than Greymons in my opinion.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How can people from outside japan watch this when it is released? Or is it not possible?

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually really like these designs but it took me a little bit to warm up to them. They look so weird so I dont blame anyone for hating them. But the weirdness fits somehow, and they look so ethereal and other worldly. Like a Jojo stand like someone else mentioned.

If these are Kenji Watanabe designs then I think I'll end up loving them, because I didnt care for Raguelmon or Omegamon Mercy Mode until his art was released and then I really likes it. Hopefully it doesnt take forever like those.

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You got your Frontier designs in my Digimon Adventure movie!

On the bright side, Eosmon's final form totally looks like a Mega Hudiemon like so many people wanted. I suspect Morphomon is going to look like "Hudiemon Rookie", too.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually really like these designs but it took me a little bit to warm up to them. They look so weird so I dont blame anyone for hating them. But the weirdness fits somehow, and they look so ethereal and other worldly. Like a Jojo stand like someone else mentioned.

If these are Kenji Watanabe designs then I think I'll end up loving them, because I didnt care for Raguelmon or Omegamon Mercy Mode until his art was released and then I really likes it. Hopefully it doesnt take forever like those.
In terms of "Jojo", I did have thoughts of them seeming like Personas, which are basically the same thing. They just don't seem like they fit in as Digimon to me. (outside of looking like evolved Spirit evolutions). Theyd work better as KaiserGreymon and MagnaGarurumon substitutes/evolutions in place of Susanoomon.

The trailer doesn't tell any information on the story? Tiny story related and small pieces of random selected dialogue. It's alright. But spoiling new final forms and even Eosmon's whole evo line to reveal easily ruins the joy experience of watching. In the past, they only left one trailer and that's it. Shadowed Omegamon left some huge surprise and there weren't more of next trailers of War Game movie. Here, today... Certain movie trailers release more and more bits of theirs can easily spoil it and leave tons of people saying those trailers are basically movies rather despite watching the movies themselves. I think revealing final forms completely is never good idea.... Shadowing is somewhat spoilers but still IMO not revealing their "final hope" so openly at public will keep people impressed with those new forms might be good way to give appreciation. So even I still come for news and leaks. Hahaha...

Tri trailers didn't reveal Meicoomon's evo line, Ordinemon and other things although some leaks did it... In other ways. I view it as it's like Yugioh somewhat. Because when it comes to predicting, it's those Yugioh cards are pretty much huge spoilers according to their battle effects even before the episode come.
No, but the posters did.

the posters have a lot of spoilers, actually. Omnimon vs Alphamon on part 1's poster, Vikemon/Rose vs Imperial, Machine on a poster and also Meicrackmon on one, hououmon on part 4, Fall Down Mode and Raguelmon on part 5s, mercy mode on the second part 6 poster which was later used on the 6 dvd collection.

all of these were revealed before the respective movies aired. im surprised it took them this long to show the new megas actually.

if its revealed by the company in question its not a spoiler.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah yes the Tri posters. At least they didn't reveal Ordinemon on that poster which was great.