New Kizuna Ad Shows new Evolutions

IndustrialPanic

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As someone who doesn't mind humanoid digimon I'm ok with them going in this direction for their (supposedly) final digivolution, especially with the context behind them. That said, I'm not really feeling Greymon's weird dinoman design, this might change when clean art is released, but until then Garurumon is my favorite out of the two.

guibley

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it makes me wonder if agumon and gabumon are the only popular digimon from the franchise in Japan. if anyone have this info, I would love to know about it

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it makes me wonder if agumon and gabumon are the only popular digimon from the franchise in Japan. if anyone have this info, I would love to know about it
It's a common trait for the Goggleboy and Lone Wolf to get higher evos etc that everyone else. It isn't just Digimon that follows this. They certainly are not the only popular Digimon in Japan.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am indifferent.

Coming from jesmon gx the final form of hackmon to these who are final form of gabumon and agumon, meh!

Any way some people are referencing it to jojo again in those twitter post.

Also you guys need to fix the attachment, it's not working on my phone.

Last edited:

Piers

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They harken back a little to Watanabe's designs before Tamers, where there were more weird and gritty — final forms having mishmash of flesh and cybernetic augments, humanoid features. They weren't entirely mechanical/robotic. In fact, they actually look like one of Watanabe's concepts for Omegamon before Hosoda asked him to "make it sleeker" (essentially making him a smoothened mecha).

It's a weird mix of that DeviantArt OC naff to them but finally doing something original (in looks but also back to the roots), as others here have said.

Saying that, when I saw the visible HUMAN PERSON NOSE under Garurumon's helmet, I winced a little in a "Hahaha, what" way.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish others got new evo like those two. It might make this movie really good. But I fear this movie will not be very ironic like War Game movie with Omegamon. I don't know why I say like that, it's probably my feelings personally?

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That Garurumon with his rings looks as if he would want to propose to Greymon...

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just wish they had armor plates on their mouths it’s super off putting
But I’m assuming they will be the 2 XX rares in the new battle spirits sets unless they are X rares which I doubt

ArkheStar

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm honestly timd to see how this design is going to strike the population of the new digimon fans

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was thinking about these designs again and I feel like if Masaru got that new Greymon I’d be totally okay with it, but it feels so wrong for Taichi.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hahaha same here. It does look like Hu-GeoGreymon. And Hu-Garurumon look like it's good random evo for Gururumon/Psychemon.

And I can finally say Holydramon/Ofanimon War will be no more.

One more thing... I just need to confirm, there is no sign of Taichi and Yamoto standing on Omegamon's shoulders in this Kizuna? I just wanted to compare how big Hu-Greymon/Hu-Garurumon are to Omegamon in size.

Amandil7

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These would definitely fit better as hybrids/spirits. I will say, I'm NOT disappointed by the designs, the spoilers made me fear for the worst, these are fine.

The purple blue combination on Garuruman reminds me a bit of a cross between Craniumon and Lobomon.

The Greyman looks like a humanoid Geogreymon and I'm fine with that.

The face shots do look a bit jarring and too human imo.

Last edited:

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think these are pretty brilliant? I love that they are bridging the Agnimon and Wolfmon lines into the main ones, design-wise.
Also, thanks for the link to the image, pressing directly on the attachment directs me to an error page on any device I've used.
However, I am a bit concerned about these designs actually appearing front and center on the main page like that....
They are a pretty major spoiler and you've made them unavoidable. Perhaps they don't count as spoilers as they are exposed as part of an official trailer now, but it seems at odds with how this place usually handles such cases from my point of view.

dgmn

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These new above-mega level are looking sweet. And who said it was fleshy design for Greymon when it's clear it looks like yellow-orange body armor from Wargreymon only with added blue energy outlines.

Looking forward to seeing what they're called.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think these are pretty brilliant? I love that they are bridging the Agnimon and Wolfmon lines into the main ones, design-wise.
Also, thanks for the link to the image, pressing directly on the attachment directs me to an error page on any device I've used.
However, I am a bit concerned about these designs actually appearing front and center on the main page like that....
They are a pretty major spoiler and you've made them unavoidable. Perhaps they don't count as spoilers as they are exposed as part of an official trailer now, but it seems at odds with how this place usually handles such cases from my point of view.
Trailers are kind of a slight grey area. But the main issue is whether it's a spoiler to just show the Digimon themselves, since the trailer otherwise doesn't really reveal any new story-related information.

A lot of people are exposed to Digimon species before seeing their debut appearances. For example, people that have never watched Tri have seen the designs for Merciful Mode, Raguelmon, and/or Ordinemon.
If it's been revealed in an official capacity, why should the designs of these new evolutions be considered spoilers? And if so, at what point is it no longer spoilers? When they're published in the Reference Book? When their cards in the Battle Spirits TCG are revealed?

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The trailer doesn't tell any information on the story? Tiny story related and small pieces of random selected dialogue. It's alright. But spoiling new final forms and even Eosmon's whole evo line to reveal easily ruins the joy experience of watching. In the past, they only left one trailer and that's it. Shadowed Omegamon left some huge surprise and there weren't more of next trailers of War Game movie. Here, today... Certain movie trailers release more and more bits of theirs can easily spoil it and leave tons of people saying those trailers are basically movies rather despite watching the movies themselves. I think revealing final forms completely is never good idea.... Shadowing is somewhat spoilers but still IMO not revealing their "final hope" so openly at public will keep people impressed with those new forms might be good way to give appreciation. So even I still come for news and leaks. Hahaha...

Tri trailers didn't reveal Meicoomon's evo line, Ordinemon and other things although some leaks did it... In other ways. I view it as it's like Yugioh somewhat. Because when it comes to predicting, it's those Yugioh cards are pretty much huge spoilers according to their battle effects even before the episode come.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If it's been revealed in an official capacity, why should the designs of these new evolutions be considered spoilers?
Evolutions are a major point of the franchise, so I think that, even without any of the associated plot details revealed, they are significant and important elements in their respective films, maybe even bigger than the actual plot if anyone is in it for the creature collecting aspect over all else (which may be... most people? It is a creature collecting franchise). And as such something to spoil about the film. Seeing them like that on the front page to me is the equivalent of seeing a news thread titled "Taichi dies" if that was something that actually happened in the film.

Anyway, I want to make it clear that I do not personally mind it at all, it was just something that instantly came to mind once I saw the picture, so I thought it mattered to mention it. We may be ruining someone's experience when we are very vigilant about not doing that in general. However if people think it's fine, then it's fine, I suppose? I am good either way, especially since I was eager to check them out anyway.

And if so, at what point is it no longer spoilers? When they're published in the Reference Book? When their cards in the Battle Spirits TCG are revealed?
When the rest of the spoilers are no longer spoilers would be my take, I can't think of any reason why it would be anything else.

I guess the grey area here would mainly be that the trailer is officially released material, but even then, the trailer can be avoided altogether so it was not their intention to expose these new forms in the same capacity that they had revealed the Megas in the Tri posters for example (except those were already widely known digimon for years before Tri was actually released, with the exception of Raguelmon and Meicrackmon of course).

gn_perez

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know why I can't download the image 😕😕😕😕

Try to fix that, please!