New Kizuna Ad Shows new Evolutions

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A new ad for the movie shows the new Digimon!

We get to see the new evolutions of Agumon and Gabumon in the commercial.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

A few screencaps for those who can't view the video.

Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna, the 20th Anniversary film for Digimon Adventure, comes out February 21 in Japan and March 25th in the US. Tickers are currently on sale for the US screenings, so check Fandango, Atom, or wherever you would normally check for tickets. The Kizuna page on Fathom's website lists theaters.

Updated- Cleaned up and added some more to the above.

Attachments

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh...

...oh no.

AguChamp

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This feels very reminiscent of Biomerging and Spirit Evolution.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These are much more human-like than I expected. Human-like isn't necessarily a bad thing, but they just look too much like humans cosplaying in a Greymon/Garurumon-themed costume for my liking.

TheImpster

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They look good to me

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just what the hades? Greymon and Garurumon in Olympus Twelve + Legendary Spirit Warrior cosplay? It's so... Awkward. So much human-ness I mean like, as if they kept designing Human type digimon and it's not still enough...

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those look really neat.
There’s a nice biopunk feeling with the armor parts that seem to basically transition into their flesh, especially in ???Greymon’s case (which seems to have been misinterpreted nakedness but the actuality is far more interesting).
It certainly beats any generic new Omegamon version or VictoryGreymon and ZeedGreymon rip-offs some people were expecting.
They could have used some more colors though, and the orange-blue combination on ???Greymon works far better than the blue-purple on ???Garurumon (I don’t think FinalGreymon or FinalGarurumon have actually been confirmed as names) since purple has been a recurring color in the gabumon line but never really that prominently.

And it seems they are going with the humans mirroring their Digimon’s movements rather than a full merge, that’s a good compromise to show the connection without being too derivative of matrix evolution. The final visual looks less Tamers more Savers and I’m definitely on board with that.

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually am all for everything except those human faces.

That is just not working for me.

Arranos

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For some reason, I'm not able to view the full image.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

How do these designs manage to feel hornier than something like BeelStarrmon? I’m incredibly amused but also incredibly confused at the same time, these are just utterly surreal. I guess it isn’t another Omegamon at least.

Lobomon96

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh my god, they are cool :D , also the garuru one reminds me of Lobomon, so i'm very happy about that :)

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Until we know their names, I'm referring to them as Greyman and Garuruman.

Greyman seems like a logical next step from WarGreymon, and I'm liking the visual cues to his earlier forms - Greymon's brown helmet returns, and the purple scarf-cape thing is reminding me of MetalGreymon's wings. Having said that, the red markings on the helmet and the shape of the tail are reminding me of Geo and ShineGreymon.

As for Garuruman, I'm amused at how he's gone from being a biped, to a quadruped, then back to biped, then to quadruped again, and then back to biped again. The darker colours are making it harder to tell if there are any particular visual references like with Greyman. Interesting that his tail seems more dinosaur-like, which makes sense when you consider that Gabumon is actually a reptile in disguise. The helmet is a bit too similar to Wolfmon/Lobomon for my tastes (but I'll admit I've never particularly liked Frontier's designs), but it's also reminding me a lot of Gabumon's pelt, so for that reason it works for me.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
there was a split moment where I thought this was a joke.
I like the designs, it was just unexpectedly different and jarring

perignonic

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OMG~ could this be a new digivice possibility?!
Could this also be how D-tector came about?! :p
I mean this could be a canon right?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well those sure are awful. And the garurumon one really does look like Lobomon. I also see some Merukimon in there.

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Garurumon evo looking like Lobomon is not surprising at all, Lobomon was already a human-like Garurumon. The purple is the unexpectd part.

Greymon evo being flesh-colored is... weird. I thought at first that the screenshot was mid-evolution and they both would get more colors in the end. I'll wait for profile art to make a better judgment.

Overall, the designs are at least interesting, especially Greymon's, even unexpected.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My first reaction was more “huh, pretty cool but very humanoid for evolutions achieved without fusing with actual humans.” After seeing the commercial a few more times and reading the two following posts specifically, I’m sold on these, especially as a Savers fan lol.

Those look really neat.
There’s a nice biopunk feeling with the armor parts that seem to basically transition into their flesh, especially in ???Greymon’s case (which seems to have been misinterpreted nakedness but the actuality is far more interesting).
It certainly beats any generic new Omegamon version or VictoryGreymon and ZeedGreymon rip-offs some people were expecting.
They could have used some more colors though, and the orange-blue combination on ???Greymon works far better than the blue-purple on ???Garurumon (I don’t think FinalGreymon or FinalGarurumon have actually been confirmed as names) since purple has been a recurring color in the gabumon line but never really that prominently.

And it seems they are going with the humans mirroring their Digimon’s movements rather than a full merge, that’s a good compromise to show the connection without being too derivative of matrix evolution. The final visual looks less Tamers more Savers and I’m definitely on board with that.
Until we know their names, I'm referring to them as Greyman and Garuruman.

Greyman seems like a logical next step from WarGreymon, and I'm liking the visual cues to his earlier forms - Greymon's brown helmet returns, and the purple scarf-cape thing is reminding me of MetalGreymon's wings. Having said that, the red markings on the helmet and the shape of the tail are reminding me of Geo and ShineGreymon.

As for Garuruman, I'm amused at how he's gone from being a biped, to a quadruped, then back to biped, then to quadruped again, and then back to biped again. The darker colours are making it harder to tell if there are any particular visual references like with Greyman. Interesting that his tail seems more dinosaur-like, which makes sense when you consider that Gabumon is actually a reptile in disguise. The helmet is a bit too similar to Wolfmon/Lobomon for my tastes (but I'll admit I've never particularly liked Frontier's designs), but it's also reminding me a lot of Gabumon's pelt, so for that reason it works for me.
As we get names and stuff, I’ll discuss my own thoughts in more detail but I’m just really glad we didn’t get another Omegamon or reuse existing Digimon like the Arbitrators from Digimon Next (why does everyone want them here so badly? lol).

D O R U g o r a m o n

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel like these definitely should be biomerge evolutions. They also remind me a bit of JoJo Stands, especially greymon which feels really out of place. I do like Garurumon though.