New Digivolving Spirits Details from V-Jump, Update- Clean Preview from Tamashii

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's still a few days before the countdown ends...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

But we have some details from the next issue of V-Jump!

"The Legendary Transforming Figures Are Undergoing A Great Revival!"

They mention more details will be given at the Tamashii Nations 10th Anniversary World Tour when it hits Osaka on May 27th and 28th.

Release is scheduled for November and price is To Be Announced.

They do make mention of the figures released in the early 2000s, but the text is unfortunately cut off.

Hopefully we get better V-Jump images and can see if there are further details.

The countdown has been counting down roughly the timeframe of what is given in V-Jump.

Previous information about the Digivolving Spirits line can be found here.

Thanks to garm for translations.

Update- Tamashii has added a clean version of the preview image while the countdown is still going.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Thanks to Oki for the heads up.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The photo look really good, I love the head sculpt.
I'm worried about the possible eyes on the back.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When the magazine is actually released in Japanese newsstands, I'll get proper photos of all the Digimon stuff for you.

Rexanimon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Still have my fingers crossed for the other Megas, but updated versions of the old digivolvers would be pretty great too (Birdramon to Garudamon and Gabumon to MetalGarurumon were awful!).

Actar

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While the head sculpt does look a ton better than the S.H.figuarts's in terms of the eyes and proportions, it seems to retain the sharp pointy head thing, with a clear line down the center of the head. That's one of the reasons why so many WarGreymon figures have thin heads. Also, the lines on the top of his head form a square, not a pentagon. The line below his eye shouldn't connect with the sharp point, that's where the two marks should sit.

Seriously... Is it that hard to just recreate what you see on screen? Sometimes, I wonder if the designers of figures actually bother to reference the source material at all. Am I the only one who actually cares about the details? (>.<)

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If you ask me, the head is more or less consistent with Bandai's renderings of WarGreymon than with Toei's, though the pentagon is probably a stylistic choice more than anything. If Tamashii Nations are going to reference any source material for something like this, it's going to be the Bandai art. I don't know why the OWG Figuarts version has a different head shape to the animation model that it's supposed to be based on, but in general the figure is such a massive improvement over the D-Arts WarGreymon that it doesn't bother me at all.

Anyway, looking forward to this. Since transforming figures are all but confirmed now I'm hoping for a remastered Greymon-MetalGreymon figure.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm still really interested to see Tamashii's take on all of these figures, assuming they continue on with the line as the teaser website indicates. Was there ever, say, a Gomamon or Tentomon digivolving figure like this? Can't think of one off the top of my head.

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am super thrilled for these. Can't wait to see how well these look / transform (if it's anything like the recent Cheetor / Beast Wars one, trust me, you will NOT be disappointed!!)

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As long as it features also non-Adventure figures, I'm totally into it!!

I would love to see that but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. The preview picture has all 8 crests in an Adventure motif, and they mostly focus on merchandise from Adventure. Most of the lines sort of fizzles out before they even really goes anywhere because it's such a niche product. Most recently they only released 1 out of 3 shown Bandai Figuarts Zero statues, we didn't even get Yomato. And we missed out on Diablomon for a second time. :(

Actar

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know why the OWG Figuarts version has a different head shape to the animation model that it's supposed to be based on, but in general the figure is such a massive improvement over the D-Arts WarGreymon that it doesn't bother me at all.
Indeed, the head was astoundingly atrocious, but the quality and the body itself were excellent.

I am super thrilled for these. Can't wait to see how well these look / transform (if it's anything like the recent Cheetor / Beast Wars one, trust me, you will NOT be disappointed!!)
But the MP Cheetor was by Takara Tomy, not Bandai.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But the MP Cheetor was by Takara Tomy, not Bandai.
That much is true, but I think ShindoW was referring to how the figure ends up rather than a specific manufacturer.

For something Bandai/Tamashii Nations made, the Soul of Chogokin line gives us an idea of what we can expect in terms of remakes of transforming toys.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The image has been swapped out for a better quality one.

Oki

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Tamashii countdown site now shows a high quality pic of the Wargreymon we've been seeing. It also reads: Next information May 26th...

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Tamashii countdown site now shows a high quality pic of the Wargreymon we've been seeing. It also reads: Next information May 26th...
Thanks for the heads up on the image, but we already knew about the timeframe, that's when the countdown ends.

Added it to the news post.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Update- Tamashii has added a clean version of the preview image while the countdown is still going.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Thanks to Oki for the heads up.
Oh damn that looks nice.

Those parts between the shoulder and body are very similar to the original toy, so it looks like it will retain the same transformation scheme. And the shield no longer attaches awkwardly to the back of his head which is a massive improvement.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, now that we have a better quality shot (and we still can't see quite a bit, so I'm not 100% sure yet) this appears to be a new mold/toy based on the original figure.

It 'could' be a heavy remold, but it looks like it's probably new.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, now that we have a better quality shot (and we still can't see quite a bit, so I'm not 100% sure yet) this appears to be a new mold/toy based on the original figure.

Do we know what to expect then for what other digimon will be released? I don't know what Tamashii has done in terms of figures in the past. I'm guessing it was the main cast mega evos though. that other mega Digimon from Adventure, Dukemon and his friends. Will we finally see SaintGalgomon? and Susanoomon?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Do we know what to expect then for what other digimon will be released? I don't know what Tamashii has done in terms of figures in the past. I'm guessing it was the main cast mega evos though. that other mega Digimon from Adventure, Dukemon and his friends. Will we finally see SaintGalgomon? and Susanoomon?
At this moment all we know for sure is... Agumon/WarGreymon.

The obvious choice is each crest symbol on the page represents one of the 8 from Adventure, but we don't know that for a fact.

Oki

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If you consider the VJump info that they're based on the 2000 figures, only Agumon and Gabumon transform to ultimate levels. Maybe a Holy Angemon to Seraphimon but I'm not sure it was from this line.
IIRC there was a Patamon to Angemon figure, Birdramon to Garudamon and Kabuterimon to AtlurKabuterimon. I have no memory of Gomamon, Palmon or Tailmon digivolving figures whatsoever...

Status
Not open for further replies.