MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Time for another Pendulum update!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

In the newest weekly update Bandai reveals more of the new Digimon being added to the Pendulum 20th!

The Silver Black Pendulum 20th includes Digimon from the Pendulum 3.0/3.5, which had demonic warriors, labeled as 'Nightmare Warriors.'

When the new Pendulum's were first detailed they teased that they would be adding a number of new Digimon to the Nightmare Warriors lineup.

And it's an interesting lineup...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up is Belphemon and Beelzebumon!

Along with Demon, who first appeared in the Pendulum 3.5, the addition of these two means 3 of the Seven Great Demon Lords can now be raised.

In the preview shown Belphemon is in his 'Rage Mode' and Beelzebumon is a normal Beelzebumon.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Baalmon!

Baalmon is an enlightened and knowledgeable Digimon who they also tease a bit about how he's rumored to be a form of one of the Demon Lords. Nice to get another Xros Wars Digimon in the new Pendulum.

You do have to wonder if he evolves into Beelzebumon.

And last but not least is another fun Xros reveal...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

DarkKnightmon!

A dark knight Digimon who is also described as a terribly cool aristocrat, DarkKnightmon is a fantastic choice to add to the Nightmare Warriors lineup.

DarkKnightmon is generally a combination of SkullKnightmon and DeadlyAxemon, as seen in Xros Wars, so you have to wonder if they will be coming along for the ride also.

Belphmon, Beelzebumon, Ballmon, and DarkKnightmon can only be raised if certain conditions are met via special digieggs.

They also mention that while they've shown 4 new Digimon being added to the Nightmare Warriors lineup, there will be 7 more on top of them for a total of 11.

While they don't reveal/detail them here, the Pendulum 20th details had previously shown MadLeomon as being added to Nightmare Soldiers... so, 6 left?

Next week will be a preview of the special digieggs from the Silver Blue version of the 20th Pendulum.

If you are interested in getting the 20th Anniversary Pendulum you can find a ton of details, including how to pre-order, here.

Previous weekly 20th Pendulum updates have included:
Cold Mode
Copymon
New Virus Busters

Update- A tweet from Bandai shows other Nightmare Soldiers, including (but not limited to) the remaining 7 new ones teased previously.

The full list of what they show is:
Choromon
Caprimon
Phascomon
Impmon
Porcupamon
Shadramon
MadLeomon
Troopmon
Astamon
Baalmon
DarkKnightmon
Belphemon Rage Mode
Beelzebumon

Vande

I am Justice
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm pretty dang happy with the additions! Chances are I will raise mine this time.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Duskmon and Lilithmon and I will be happy :D Sorry for Arresterdramon and Beowulfmon, but I think I'll go with the Silver Black this time!!

Gigamon23

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Belphemon has a neat lcd there! I'm actually really happy they're adding some of these newer xros wars guys to the lineup. I'm not a huge fan of xros wars, but it's just kinda cool to see these late-generation Digimon being included.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope you don't get these eggs by connecting to 5 other vpers like the 20th vpet bonuses.
Baalmon is a great addition. I love how they actually managed to fit a skull on DarkKnightmon's chest. I hope another armour and spirit end up in this egg too.

DigiGrader

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No Boltboutamon? only 11 new digimon?
I guess Virus Buster was special because 8 of its digimon are copies from other version

I wonder what Baalmon, Darkknightmon (not a fan of these two's sprite), and MadLeomon's level gonna be

Last edited:

Leviathan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm a bit disappointed in this reveal because we've already seen way more revealed for Virus Busters and half of these were already known.

I also dislike most of these sprites lol

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really glad to see Baalmon and Darkknightmon!

Though I’m a bit surprised that, as mentioned above, there seems to be less new Nightmare Soldiers than Virus Busters?

Unless they reveal over time that the other eggs are also getting new Digimon line ups? I wonder what other surprises there will be.

kintang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm very glad I've placed my order for both version. Looking forward to play with it. And saving money to whatever 2nd wave color they'll throw at us...just in case.

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Keep an eye out on the twitter, all the Virus Busters weren't known until a later tweet that showed them in a GIF, so we'll likely see a new gif for Nightmare Soldiers as well

e105zeta

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No Boltboutamon? only 11 new digimon? I guess Virus Buster was special because 8 of its digimon are copies from other version I wonder what Baalmon, Darkknightmon (not a fan of these two's sprite), and MadLeomon's level gonna be
It's because Virus Busters didn't have a .5 version, so they were missing 3 Digimon every other Pendulum had. That's why Seraphimon and Ophanimon were added to the base DigiTama. Nightmare Soldiers already got Dokugumon, LadyDevimon, and Demon as bonus Digimon in .5, so they only get 11 new characters for the 20th version. I was expecting Belphemon/Beelzebumon, because there was probably going to be a focus on Demon Lords. Those two are the only Demon Lords with set child forms (Impmon and Phascomon). So those two will probably be the Child stages in the bonus egg. Phascomon was never heavily promoted though, so that's up in the air, I guess. Hopefully Belphemon turns into Sleep Mode when it sleeps.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is interesting. I wonder who else in other kinds they'll add. How many types do they have left to announce?

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know I wonder why we didn’t get the Xros Wars Mini Dark Knightmon sprite?

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No Boltboutamon? only 11 new digimon? I guess Virus Buster was special because 8 of its digimon are copies from other version I wonder what Baalmon, Darkknightmon (not a fan of these two's sprite), and MadLeomon's level gonna be
It's because Virus Busters didn't have a .5 version, so they were missing 3 Digimon every other Pendulum had. That's why Seraphimon and Ophanimon were added to the base DigiTama. Nightmare Soldiers already got Dokugumon, LadyDevimon, and Demon as bonus Digimon in .5, so they only get 11 new characters for the 20th version. I was expecting Belphemon/Beelzebumon, because there was probably going to be a focus on Demon Lords. Those two are the only Demon Lords with set child forms (Impmon and Phascomon). So those two will probably be the Child stages in the bonus egg. Phascomon was never heavily promoted though, so that's up in the air, I guess. Hopefully Belphemon turns into Sleep Mode when it sleeps.
Phascomon, Porcupamon and Astamon would me amazing additions indeed!! Especially considering how well related they are with the Dark Area. To be honest, I don't see Sleep Mode coming; maybe they will only focus now into its original evo line. As for the rest of the roster, it would be nice this time to have a Mega level Digimon for each of the Perfects which currently don't have one per se, unlike what happened in the Digital Monster ver.20th (eg. Lilithmon for LadyDevimon, or MarineAngemon for Piccolomon).

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hopefully Belphemon turns into Sleep Mode when it sleeps.
To be honest, I don't see Sleep Mode coming; maybe they will only focus now into its original evo line. As for the rest of the roster, it would be nice this time to have a Mega level Digimon for each of the Perfects which currently don't have one per se, unlike what happened in the Digital Monster ver.20th (eg. Lilithmon for LadyDevimon, or MarineAngemon for Piccolomon).
Previous virtual pets like the, Xros Wars Mini, has used sleep mode as Rage modes sleeping sprite.

Unlike DarkKnightmon Belphemon has the same sprite as his mini version. I think it has a good chance in making it in.

Though I would love to see Lilithmon get in, I don’t know if your plan would work. Pendulum’s are different than Vpets.

In the original Pendulum any perfect could turn into the vaccine ultimate if it met the requirements. Meanwhile the only way to get the virus and data ultimates was through jogress.

It would be cool if we could get a new jogress vaccine and non jogress virus and data types ultimates.

DigiGrader

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That is true, but from virus buster new digimons, only 2 out of 15 are added to the original egg line, the rest (13) become their own egg evolution line. Whereas for this, the new egg will only contain 11 digimons.

Here hoping that they won't waste 2 out of the remaining 6 for new fresh and in-training

You know I wonder why we didn’t get the Xros Wars Mini Dark Knightmon sprite?
interesting point! I was hoping they would use that too, maybe update it a bit so it has the big axe on one of its shoulder. While the new sprite has the axe, it has too large of a head and not much of anything else.

diginut

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I also feel that the sprites for the recently revealed digimon are lacking.. Looking at the sprites for Baalmon, DarkKnightmon and Ophanimon I can't help but feel that they were done half-heartedly. What's baffling is that they could have used preexisting sprites, but chose not to for some reason.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated with a list of the Nightmare Soldiers from Bandai's twitter.

Gigamon23

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shadramon!? 8D He's one of my favorite armor Digimon!!!

DigiGrader

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated with a list of the Nightmare Soldiers from Bandai's twitter.
Thank god they do not use two space for new fresh or in-training. They even add newer divimon troopmon from xros wars (wonder if it is the numemon of this egg)
I assume Shadramon twill add more to the debate of what impmon's champion form supposed to be.

Last edited: