New Digimon Obtained Via Jogress in 20th Anniversary Pendulums

DigiGrader

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shadow Shinji said:
Mastemon has been already confirmed, Apocalymon was in the Pendulum Revive & Survive, and not sure about Ordinemon, but it would be an amazing tribute for the grand finale of Digimon Adventure tri. As for Stingmon, I'm sure there's still room for something interesting, I wish Wormmon appears kinda as a secret Digiegg that can be raised up to Stingmon or Hudiemon.
Mastemon has been confirmed? Awesome! But i wasn't aware of that and I can't find any info about it. Can you link me with its announcement?

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shadow Shinji said:
Mastemon has been already confirmed, Apocalymon was in the Pendulum Revive & Survive, and not sure about Ordinemon, but it would be an amazing tribute for the grand finale of Digimon Adventure tri. As for Stingmon, I'm sure there's still room for something interesting, I wish Wormmon appears kinda as a secret Digiegg that can be raised up to Stingmon or Hudiemon.
Mastemon has been confirmed? Awesome! But i wasn't aware of that and I can't find any info about it. Can you link me with its announcement?
The last update of the Digimon Reference Book involved Digimon that are told to appear in the Pendulum Ver.20th, so Mastemon is in.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated the news with information on the 3 different ways to jogress in the 20th Anniversary Pendulums.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Copymon is just... "Copy" in texts?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Copymon is just... "Copy" in texts?
No, this was explained back when we found out about Copymon.

When the Digimon is 'copied' they're compressed, thereby making it a Copymon.

It saying 'copy' is because you are specifically choosing to send a copy.

It's exactly the same as how when you choose to jogress, the old 'jogres' text appears onscreen.

Update- Added the Omegamon examples they give to the news.

DigiGrader

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Correct me if I am wrong, between the second and third method, the only difference is the second pendulum doesn't get to evolve. Is there any advantage to that?

AhBeng

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In this latest update, what do the japanese characters next to metalgarurumon say?

diginut

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Correct me if I am wrong, between the second and third method, the only difference is the second pendulum doesn't get to evolve. Is there any advantage to that?
If the copy function works like that of the original ver 20th, then that means you can copy digimon that are recorded in the album. That is, you do not actually have to raise a metalgarurumon AGAIN in this case.

In this latest update, what do the japanese characters next to metalgarurumon say?
I think that is just the name.

I'm guessing the jogress mentioned here is different from the regular jogress in the pendulums, right? The jogress here is more like fusion.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I'm guessing the jogress mentioned here is different from the regular jogress in the pendulums, right? The jogress here is more like fusion.
What's the difference between a Jogress and a Fusion to begin with?

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yup. It's a screenshot of MetalGarurumon as seen in the album. The text there is the first two katakana characters of his name, after which the rest scrolls along.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Read the first post in the thread.
Yeah I read it but I don't see that difference. I mean, yeah apparently a Fusion does not change the level of the Digimon, but that's not true. Most of the examples put as 'Fusions' don't change the level because there's not a level beyond Mega/Ultimate, but it has been recently proved in Cyber Sleuth, NO, Hacker's Memory...that's this specific Digimon are labeled as Ultra/Super Ultimate (e.g. Omegamon, Chaosmon, Examon, Alphamon: Ouryuken, Susanoomon, VoltoBautamon, Apocalymon, etc.), so according to this definition we are talking about a Jogress in this case, right? I can really see a difference with the DigiXros/Xros Up, because this method involves a group of Digimon being combined to form a stronger Digimon of a undetermined level, while the forming Digimon don't lose their individuality aka. DigiCore at all (see Shoutmon X5, MetalGreymon XW, GattaiLilithmon), but to me Fusion and Jogress looks exactly the same. Since the Jogress was firstly introduced in the original Pendulum back then, can anyone explain me the actual difference, please?

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Jogres - two join to become a higher level (Ult+Ult = Mega)
Fusion - two join to become the same level(Mega+Mega = Mega)

DigiGrader

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder why Omnimon is labeled as 'New' despite it belonging to virus buster original rooster

also, maaan, I wish we got Blitzgreymon and Cressgarurumon instead of duplicates

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I read it but I don't see that difference. I mean, yeah apparently a Fusion does not change the level of the Digimon, but that's not true. Most of the examples put as 'Fusions' don't change the level because there's not a level beyond Mega/Ultimate, but it has been recently proved in Cyber Sleuth, NO, Hacker's Memory...that's this specific Digimon are labeled as Ultra/Super Ultimate (e.g. Omegamon, Chaosmon, Examon, Alphamon: Ouryuken, Susanoomon, VoltoBautamon, Apocalymon, etc.), so according to this definition we are talking about a Jogress in this case, right? I can really see a difference with the DigiXros/Xros Up, because this method involves a group of Digimon being combined to form a stronger Digimon of a undetermined level, while the forming Digimon don't lose their individuality aka. DigiCore at all (see Shoutmon X5, MetalGreymon XW, GattaiLilithmon), but to me Fusion and Jogress looks exactly the same. Since the Jogress was firstly introduced in the original Pendulum back then, can anyone explain me the actual difference, please?
The official lore just has Ultras as Mega I guess. The games are a different kettle of fish I suppose.

In the games it's DNA because Ultra exists but I guess in "real canon" it's fusion because they're just Megas

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Buut...that's just a matter of logistics...I mean,
*Angewomon (Perfect) + LadyDevimon (Perfect) = Mastemon (Ultimate) - Jogress
*Apollomon (Ultimate) + Dianamon (Ultimate) = GraceNovamon (Stronger Ultimate/Ultra) - Fusion?

To be honest, I don't see a single differences between them :/ To begin with, is there any case of 'Fusion' between two Digimon from a lower level of Ultimate (for instance, between two Perfects)?

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don't think so. World 2 has DNA going the opposite way to drop down a level lol. I guess Monodramon+Zeed counts as that too lol

and there's no difference really, they just wanted to be special snowflakes and have it be different I guess

Dawn/Dusk lets you fuse whatever you want I suppose, so if you do two dudes into one dude but it doesn't fuse nto anything then it'll be "MetalGreymon+Lillymon" = "Lillymon" lol. That's as close as it would see I seem I guess for "Fusion" outside of Mega

ALTHOUGH, another difference is that DNA, one form absorbs the other and levels up but in Fusion, both fuse together so neither is absorbed. So both are in control at the same time in Fusion but only one in DNA.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can really see a difference with the DigiXros/Xros Up, because this method involves a group of Digimon being combined to form a stronger Digimon of a undetermined level, while the forming Digimon don't lose their individuality aka. DigiCore at all (see Shoutmon X5, MetalGreymon XW, GattaiLilithmon),
That's not even unique to DigiXros either since Omegamon, Paildramon, Silphymon, and Shakkoumon in the anime were each treated two beings as sharing a single body rather than being a new being altogether.

I honestly feel like Jogresses, Fusions, and Xroses should just be classified as their own shared level.

Last edited:

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No, it is true. Super Ultimates are Ultimates.
It doesn't matter what they look like, Fusion is what Ultimates like Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon do.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's DNA in the three PS4 games at least.

I can really see a difference with the DigiXros/Xros Up, because this method involves a group of Digimon being combined to form a stronger Digimon of a undetermined level, while the forming Digimon don't lose their individuality aka. DigiCore at all (see Shoutmon X5, MetalGreymon XW, GattaiLilithmon),
That's not even unique to DigiXros either since Omegamon, Paildramon, Silphymon, and Shakkoumon in the anime were each treated two beings as sharing a single body rather than being a new being altogether.

I honestly feel like Jogresses, Fusions, and Xroses should just be classified as their own shared level.
I think that was only Omnimon? I might be wrong but I think the season 2 ones didnt share voices and the dub was incorrect in doing so