New Digimon in Linkz is Jazamon! Images of all his evolutions!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We've been waiting to hear about this little guy for awhile!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

About 2 months ago we got a peek at a new Digimon who would be showing up in story content in Digimon Linkz.

With the update appearing to be live, we have names and images of each form of this new Digimon.

We think name translations are reasonably close, but those may be touched up shortly.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

He starts off as existing Digimon before we meet his child form, Jazamon! This is the same Digimon from the initial teaser artwork above who appears as a more modern/sleek version of Vorvomon.

Then we get his adult form, Jazadomon. He almost appears as some type of VTOL craft.

It appears he gets a decent degree bigger when he evolves to his perfect form, Jazarikmon. He appears much like a fighter craft, even having rockets attached to his wings.

Last up (and a bit more menacing looking) is his ultimate form, Metallicdramon. This appears to be going a bit more directly to the mirroring Vorvomon theme (they all mirror a bit, but the first and last appear to do so far more obviously), as this time it appears he's based heavily on Volcanicdramon, Vorvomon's ultimate.

Hopefully more images and info to come about this guy!

Thanks to Shadow Shinj for the heads up and AB_Cannon and rastadog77 for the images.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After seeing the teaser last night I expected it to take a month lol. Also didn't expect all his forms at once. He really is a counterpoint to Vorvomon. ...I really dislike everything after the rookie tbh. Eh it'll grow on me. Bandai should've done the reference book right after he came out to include him.

now for Herissmon mega as he too has been teased though for may not April.

shaikgb

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
isn't his perfect form name read as jazarihimon instead of jazarikmon? am i reading this right?
also i'm not a fan of his adult and prefect forms the ultimate form looks ok even tho his face is a little scary

Last edited:

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm reading it as Jazarihhimon. I like the airplane-dragon thematic, but the Adult's face seems way too "chibi" for me.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like em! Surprised we got the entire line at once though, that is pretty uncommon.

The Golux

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah I would normally romanize that as "Jazarichmon" since japanese tends to use a final h-kana matching proceeding vowel for the german "ch" sound.

DragonicEmperor

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like them and I get why they are this way, but I still think it's boring to just be metallic versions of the Vorvomon line.

Pretty wings on the Mega though.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone have a guess at the etymology? "Jazarihimon" does have a German look to it, but I don't know if the other forms are German too. It might mirror the names of Vobomon's forms, but those were such weird combinations of different words that it's hard to say.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I appreciate that we have more jet Digimon but I think I'll like it better when Kenji Watanabe art is released.

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yaaaaay! Can't wait to see the official arts next! And of course their jogress down the line. Will it be a massive black and white dragon? Will it lamely be another warrior-guy jogress that I'll still begrudgingly love?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So that's who BlueEyesWhiteDramon is. Cool. These two would work well in a series. ...Though a lot of these they showed might. ...Hmmm...

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To explain why the perfect form was translated as it was.

Jazarihimon/Jazarihhimon I'd say doesn't quite work as it doesn't seem to keep the intent of how to say it, or even how those letters end up fully translated.

Jaza
Rich
Mon

The Golux pointed out it being rich, I chose to stylize it as 'rik' since Digimon spellings often end up doing that, and to also make it a bit more clear how to say it, since it's more akin to the end of Zurich or Rick instead of something like Richie 'Rich'.

In fact, when translating it and searching to confirm, it was pulling up Zurich, along with various people named Rich. (It even is listed on Japanese Wikipedia as an alternate spelling for the city Lich.)

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not gonna lie Jazamon's evo line is not really my cup of tea...but hey new beast Digimon is always welcome!! Especially the Perfect form which reminds me too much to Sparrowmon <3 In fact, these are the only Digimon in 2019 so far so...Wonder what the etymology of them could come from.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks generic af, the adult form is so ugly. Also Metallicdramon, ugghh, that's pretty generic name just like Volcanicdramon. I think digimon like Volvomon and especially Jazamon weren't really planned properly from the designing process

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not gonna lie Jazamon's evo line is not really my cup of tea...but hey new beast Digimon is always welcome!! Especially the Perfect form which reminds me too much to Sparrowmon <3 In fact, these are the only Digimon in 2019 so far so...Wonder what the etymology of them could come from.
Actually, there's also Blucomon's mega which does have a name, we just haven't seen it in Japanese or English yet

Looks generic af, the adult form is so ugly. Also Metallicdramon, ugghh, that's pretty generic name just like Volcanicdramon. I think digimon like Volvomon and especially Jazamon weren't really planned properly from the designing process
most new digimon are the rookie becoming bigger forms of itself

look at hackmon and zubamon

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This one seems to be more flying oriented at least compared to Vorvomon's line who largely stayed on the ground until Volcanicdramon.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
most new digimon are the rookie becoming bigger forms of itself

look at hackmon and zubamon

I don't mean the evo route, but the design itself. Pteranomon looks way more interesting than this. The adult is ugly af, looks like a deformed dragon jetplane

Metallicdramon is cool enough from how they designed the darkdramon-like wings but the face is... Eh... Generic. Also the name Metallicdramon seems cringeworthy enough as they can't be more consistent with the J naming as they did it with Vorvomon with V naming

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone have a guess at the etymology? "Jazarihimon" does have a German look to it, but I don't know if the other forms are German too. It might mirror the names of Vobomon's forms, but those were such weird combinations of different words that it's hard to say.
The English/Japanese 'j' sound is not present in German (only in loanwords), so I don't think the 'Jaza' part is specifically German.
I'm guessing the 'j' part comes from 'jet' seeing how all the forms are jet plane influenced but honestly idk about the 'za' part (from what I know ざーざー and じゃあじゃあ are onomatopoeia for water rushing which doesn't make sense here I guess)

yeah I would normally romanize that as "Jazarichmon" since japanese tends to use a final h-kana matching proceeding vowel for the german "ch" sound.
Also just to point out, but 'ig' at the end of German words would also be pronounced the same way as 'ich' (e.g. könig = ケーニッヒ)
'-rich' is a German suffix to express masculinity, and '-lich' is just an adjectival/adverbial suffix, both don't really make sense here I think..
Still yeah, I'd personally spell them Jazardmon/Jazarichmon for now.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is anyone else getting a Godzilla-MechaGodzilla vibe? Obviously there are a lot of robot dinosaurs but this is a full line that was made to counter the more kaiju original. I don't follow the story though.