New Digimon DS Game!

BlackWargreymonFan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=guilmon93950 link=topic=5765.msg70947#msg70947 date=1193205884]
Judging from the screens, I'd say there are two possibilities for the battle system:
1. Something like digimon world 1 where you input commands and the digimon move freely to carry out those commands.
2. you control the digimon in real time movement.

Something tells me 1 is more likely... unfortunately.[/quote]

Even if #1 was the case, I don't think it would be unfortunate. Most people seem to love DW1 the most out of the PSX trilogy, because the game seemed to do more to simulate a large scale V-Pet operation than anything else. And I, too, would have no problem with that.

Of course, then again, it would be interesting if we could have a Seiken Densetsu (Secret of Mana) type of thing, where you could control one Digimon in real time, and the others would follow AI patterns you could set. But, knowing Bandai-Namco, and how they hold this series back from the greatness it could stand to have, that would probably be hoping for too much...

For the record, if anyone is interested in attempting to revive the rumble arena series please pm me. I do work under contract with bandai namco.

...I'm listening... *goes to PM*

SakuyamonX

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not sure if I noted this before (sorry if I haven't), the Digimon fight on their own.

Master-Element

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just like the V-pet battles, but hopefully there more factors that determine the winner then in the V-pets

DarkTamer Steph

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[excited girly sounds]SKWEEEEE!![/excited girly sounds]

Holy crap!! I was playing the original Digimon World tonight and was wishing that Digimon Story would've been more like the first game!! I am LOVING the sprites!! I am LOVING the feeding!! Wow, so far, everything is too awesome.

Airdra!! Looks like we're gettin our perfect game!! LOL!! Now, the question... To import or not to import...

Anyways... to be serious...

From what I understand, from the first page of the scan, (that's rapping) it looks like where you train the Digimon effects their evolution, i.e. it shows SnowAgumon in a snowy setting, and Togemon in a desert. I could be wrong though, and it could be saying that specific Digimon need to be in specific "farms" or something of the like.

So much excitement right there... No way I'm getting to sleep now... (and to think, I was tired and about to get offline)

Oh yeah and

electricfencedtailmon.png

Electric Fence + Tailmon = p'wnd.

Yakuza Soul

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=DarkTamer Steph link=topic=5765.msg71100#msg71100 date=1193304155]
[excited girly sounds]SKWEEEEE!![/excited girly sounds]

Holy crap!! I was playing the original Digimon World tonight and was wishing that Digimon Story would've been more like the first game!! I am LOVING the sprites!! I am LOVING the feeding!! Wow, so far, everything is too awesome.

Airdra!! Looks like we're gettin our perfect game!! LOL!! Now, the question... To import or not to import...

Anyways... to be serious...

From what I understand, from the first page of the scan, (that's rapping) it looks like where you train the Digimon effects their evolution, i.e. it shows SnowAgumon in a snowy setting, and Togemon in a desert. I could be wrong though, and it could be saying that specific Digimon need to be in specific "farms" or something of the like.

So much excitement right there... No way I'm getting to sleep now... (and to think, I was tired and about to get offline)

Oh yeah and

electricfencedtailmon.png

Electric Fence + Tailmon = p'wnd.
[/quote]

I would bet top $ there will be a Us release due to the recent digimon activity in the Us. As fun as it is watching them battle on the v-pets don't you all think It may be a tad boring..exspecialy thinking about how they could do things. When I thought of the perfect Digimon v-pet game I thought it would be awesome to have the mic feature in battle where you tell them what to do like Nintendogs. If they at least have a battle style like Dmw1 where they fight on there own but you can still tell them to do stuff based on there intelligence I would be more then happy tho.

Orochistorm

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually, I have a very funny feeling this may not get a US release... but, hopefully I'm wrong. Anyway, as for them battling by themselves, I was hoping it would be that way - making it even more like a V-pet, and putting more dependance on raising them, rather than spending hours grinding them and repeatedly degenerating/digivolving them to obtain max stats and then doing the same for attacks.

Yakuza Soul

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Orochistorm link=topic=5765.msg71113#msg71113 date=1193320057]
Actually, I have a very funny feeling this may not get a US release... but, hopefully I'm wrong. Anyway, as for them battling by themselves, I was hoping it would be that way - making it even more like a V-pet, and putting more dependance on raising them, rather than spending hours grinding them and repeatedly degenerating/digivolving them to obtain max stats and then doing the same for attacks.
[/quote]

There are other ways to control them in battle than what they did in Digimon story. n since this isn't a rpg I doubt they will keep the degenerating. It would be best if they had you raise your digimons like Digimon vs wonderswan n when you battle you have the ability to shout out attacks for them to use while they fight on their own. (Dmw1 ) Just watching the battle would be very boring to me. At least for a game on a high quality system. I hope your wrong about it not coming to the US UsOrochistorm because this game looks effffin awesome lol.

SakuyamonX

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Orochistorm said:

How come? So far all non-WonderSwan and non-educational Digimon video games have been released in the US.

DarkTamer Steph

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey where are the sprites on the field taken from??

That Agumon sprite looks vaguely familiar.

Yakuza Soul

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=DarkTamer Steph link=topic=5765.msg71219#msg71219 date=1193362074]
Hey where are the sprites on the field taken from??

That Agumon sprite looks vaguely familiar.
[/quote]

The eyes they gave Agumon are from his v-pet lcd. Is that why ?

DarkTamer Steph

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No, it's like the whole package of Agumon... Maybe they've just colored in a sprite from something, adding some detail...

Orochistorm

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=SakuyamonX link=topic=5765.msg71198#msg71198 date=1193357343]
Orochistorm said:

How come? So far all non-WonderSwan and non-educational Digimon video games have been released in the US.
[/quote]

Yeah, but if this is a v-pet-esque video game, it may only apply to the section of digimon fans that Bandai US has completely ignored for ten years.

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Orochistorm link=topic=5765.msg71251#msg71251 date=1193375663]
Yeah, but if this is a v-pet-esque video game, it may only apply to the section of digimon fans that Bandai US has completely ignored for ten years. [/quote]

Not ignored - just neglected. I want to somewhat control my monsters in battle.

Yakuza Soul

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Orochistorm link=topic=5765.msg71251#msg71251 date=1193375663]
[quote author=SakuyamonX link=topic=5765.msg71198#msg71198 date=1193357343]
Orochistorm said:

[/quote]

Yeah, but if this is a v-pet-esque video game, it may only apply to the section of digimon fans that Bandai US has completely ignored for ten years.
[/quote]

Yea but that was only for wonder swan games n v-pets. Mostly all the other digimon games ( Ps2 + Ds ) have been released in the Us and Since Data squad is out In America I believe it will have a greater chance of coming here.

BryceTornado

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OMG!!! this is going to be crazy awesome... although I just got Digimon World Dusk.

I don't mean to stray off subject but in the game "Super Mario DS" the Graphics are Fairly good and if I'm not mistaken, in "3-D"... So why can't Bandai make 3-D graphics lol... I suppose while I'm dreaming high I could maybe push for a Digimon Rumble Arena type game for the DS using those fantastic "3-D" graphics...

back on topic... I think it's too bad that bandai isn't using the incredible graphics potential of the DS... after playing Digimon world Dusk I was kinda hoping the next DS game bandai released used "3-D" graphics instead of the flat pixels I have guiltily come to love...

DarkTamer Steph

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=BryceTornado link=topic=5765.msg72499#msg72499 date=1194060708]
OMG!!! this is going to be crazy awesome... although I just got Digimon World Dusk.

I don't mean to stray off subject but in the game "Super Mario DS" the Graphics are Fairly good and if I'm not mistaken, in "3-D"... So why can't Bandai make 3-D graphics lol... I suppose while I'm dreaming high I could maybe push for a Digimon Rumble Arena type game for the DS using those fantastic "3-D" graphics...

back on topic... I think it's too bad that bandai isn't using the incredible graphics potential of the DS... after playing Digimon world Dusk I was kinda hoping the next DS game bandai released used "3-D" graphics instead of the flat pixels I have guiltily come to love...
[/quote]

Kind of working off what he's just said, I think it'd be cool to have a Digimon V-Pet game where we raise the Digimon in 2-D sprite form, ala Digimon World Championship (I think that's what this new one is called ??? ) but when it gets into the battle it's in full out 3-D, like a smoother version of Digimon World 3's battle graphics and angles, but with Digimon World DS's battle system; as in, the speed determines who goes next through every Digimon on the field, not just "Player's turn, this Digimon in your team goes first."

Have they given anymore info on a release date, other than 2008?? Like Q1, 2008??

Probably not, but it's worth asking. Meh, lol, I guess my post WAS pretty pointless, because as soon as you get the info, you'll tell us.

BlackWargreymonFan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personally, I'm liking the sprites. I'm enjoying it now, because with technology getting better by the day, and developers/publishers getting lazy/pinching pennies just as much, there may come a time when we may eventually have to say good-bye to 2D for good. I'm really in no hurry to see them push towards polygons, especially when they actually bother to still do hand-drawn sprites.

BryceTornado

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think that's a fantastic Idea Steph! ^_^ heh is anyone else buying into this?! o_O

[size=7pt]Edit: If you don't have more than a short sentence worth to say about something, don't quote another users entire post. -- Lost[/size]