New Digimon Art from Adventure: , Name in V-Jump

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Bandai put up an art preview of the new Digimon from the recent Adventure: trailer and confirmed we will find out the name of this Digimon in the next (May 2020) issue of V-Jump, coming out this week.

Update- The tease reads "the Digimon will have a new appearance but one that we haven't seen in a long time." Teasing that perhaps it's a pre-existing Digimon with a new look.

Thanks to onkei!

This issue is also the one previously announced as having Garurumon and WereGarurumon promo cards for the new Digimon Card Game.

You can order the issue here: (affiliate link)
May 2020 V-Jump with promo cards

Attachments

Last edited:

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it looks like a recolored Kuramon but I can't help but love this design. It reminds me of rainbow ice cream bars. I would love to have something so cute but it'd probably love to kill me even more

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Defo seems like a baby Digimon to me. Didn't think we'd get info this soon, so I'm looking forward to it. Maybe we'll learn his evolved forms soon too

Oh it could be a pre existing Digimon with a new look? guess people saying Kuramon probably weren't too far off the mark then.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cleaned up things above.

KoreeluStromboli

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The text in the bottom left corner of the image is read as "design settei-ga", which roughly translates as "design character setting/model sheet picture".

The Japanese text in the bottom right corner is "©Akiyoshi Hongo•Toei Animation".

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like Numemon/Kuramon fusion lol xD
I hope the enemies are old digimon and not green altered version of them ><

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"the Digimon will have a new appearance but one that we haven't seen in a long time." Teasing that perhaps it's a pre-existing Digimon with a new look.
I thought Digimon is done with it. How dare they bring such redesigns to us again even in our precious Adventure!

Ehhh whatever. Hmm Baby with redesign. Nobody comes to my mind. But it could be new subspecies of Kuramon MAYBE?
Reasons: Cyclop eye. "Claw Hand". Slug ears. Even same shape of the whole appearance of its minus purple feelers.

If not, then it must be Zurumon.

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Like a Kuramon trying to be a Cutemon, but getting the color completely wrong, lol.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah it felt more of Xros color. But it kinda matches well with Parasimon.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I saw someone mention it could be a baby form of argomon. Would be interesting. Would fit the "haven't seen in a long time time" part since Kuramon is in a lot of products.

IndustrialPanic

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If this is really supposed to be a Kuramon redesign than I'm not sure if I like it, it's too over detailed and not in the good digimon way. Tho it does make me think that Diaboromon will be antagonist in the reboot, so I can only hope their new design will look better if they do get one.

SnowAgumonGemini

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This new Digimon reminds me so much of the parasitic green banded broodsac (aka the zombie snail parasite). I’m sure its design has got to be inspired by it.

GraveBride

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It does initially resemble Kuramon a bit, but it's not really that similar to me besides the eye... Keramon's line is fairly popular in media too, so I'm not convinced it is a Kuramon if this is something we haven't seen in a "long time". Though the tease also seems a bit awkwardly worded to me, so who can say.

LotusRose

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually wondered if it might be a new version of Numemon. The body shape is pretty similar.

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This new Digimon reminds me so much of the parasitic green banded broodsac (aka the zombie snail parasite). I’m sure its design has got to be inspired by it.
Oh, wow, it does indeed look similar to Leucochloridium paradoxum, apart from the lack of a shell. This is an odd Digimon, to be sure. Its coloration reminds me of an inverted Parasimon, which would certainly fir that species. The eye structure is definitely reminiscent of Kuramon (through Keramon) or even Syakomon. I'm not seeing the Numemon vibes apart from color myself, though that may just be the lack of stalked eyes. I'm definitely looking toward getting a name for this green squishy.

I do notice that ReArise just released Diaboromon raids in the US. If this ends up being that line that's somehow mutated to better affect the human world, I swear it's gonna end up nicknamed COVIDmon despite that likely not being its name at all.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Zombie snail parasite is freaking scary. It should be perfect for this to fit into Parasimon's evo line for manipulating their hosts.
However it is said we haven't seen it for such long time so I really don't know if it's Kuramon since it appeared at Battle Spirits not too long time.
I don't want to imagine if it actually ends up belonging to our Adventure partners... But it's not possible since it's new Adventure season with same digimon partners. If it's really inspired from that zombie parasite then maybe it's another new type of "Infected" yet again? This time, it's on poor Babies level?

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty cool. This kind of dive into the deeper franchise lore brings ×ros Wars treats like Ko Dokugumon to mind, and gives me hope that this won’t be just a relatively static retelling of Adventure, but something which exists on a different narrative level and actively engages with the history of the franchise.