Status
Not open for further replies.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well as we were promised. The 2nd trailer for Part 5 has arrived today.

(Here is a link for if the embed doesn't work)

As we already know, Part 5 is due for theatrical screening on September 30th this year.

The Blu-ray and DVD releases will be out on November 2nd.

Update- Here's a translation of the trailer thanks to shin and garm.

Meiko: An unneeded existence... An existence that should not have been born...

Meiko: Am I... no longer a partner?

Taichi: Right now, there’s someone out there who needs you more than anyone else---It’s Meicoomon.

Hikari: Meicoomon’s your valuable partner too! No matter what form she becomes, the feelings you really want to tell her will definitely get through.

Agumon: I’m sure Mei-chan loves you too, Meiko!

Mimi: You---no--we are Meicoomon’s [only] hope!

Taichi: We became friends because we were chosen, right?

Yamato: We’re not just Chosen... we’re the Chosen Children!

Hikari: The Digital World... it hates us... it believes we’re an interference.

Daigo: Is there really nothing that can be done even with the power of their Partners?
Is there still any hope?!

Hackmon: There's nothing else that neesd to be said at this point. As a foreign body, it will be eliminated.

Koushiro: Our world... will be engulfed by the Digital World…

Agumon: We gotta go!

Gabumon: Yeah!

Agumon: Taichi!

Taichi: Just... who exactly is our enemy?!

Yamato: As if you could wish for our friends to be sacrificed! Taichi!

Taichi: I... I won’t run away from my friends’ suffering!

Taichi: We... are Chosen Children!!

(Credits, date, poster)

Meiko: I... love Mei-chan, don’t I?

There will be spoilers and please avoid 'where are the 02 kids' & etc. please.

The previous thread can be found here.

Thanks to Neko for the heads up.

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really starting to get annoyed with Meiko.

Hikari is on the poster, yet in this trailer not a single suggestion towards her storyline. It's once again the Meiko show, a character I couldn't care less about.

gok

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so many Meiko and Meicoomon in this trailer... Hoping next trailer will focus more on Hikari and Tailmon

WarGreymon, MetalGarurumon, Rosemon, HerakleKabuterimon, Jesmon VS Meicoomon's Ultimate, nice!!!

Last edited:

jhlim

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really starting to get annoyed with Meiko.

Hikari is on the poster, yet in this trailer not a single suggestion towards her storyline. It's once again the Meiko show, a character I couldn't care less about.
Yes, I agree. I have been anticipating for this new trailer to (possibly) know more about what happen to Hikari and Tailmon, but there's nothing about it.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's a lot going on in this trailer. Meicoomega looks absolutely dazzling, and I was pleasantly surprised to see both Jesmon and Rosemon in this trailer. I know we're not supposed to talk about Zero Two in this thread, but I think I saw one of the Dark Tower Digimon in there. Also, Nanomon's been revived? Colour me surprised! Always sweet to see more of Meiko and Meicoomon's childhood, but hopefully we'll start to get some answers to everything that's going on, towards the end of the movie. Man, September can't come soon enough!

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, I agree. I have been anticipating for this new trailer to (possibly) know more about what happen to Hikari and Tailmon, but there's nothing about it.
They can't reveal everything lol. I know it's somewhat of a tease to have to hold out...

Also Magna cool down, I've removed a post already of yours. Edit: I will not warn you again. Anymore and I will be suspending you.

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aw man, Royal Knight fight, y'all! Looks like they'll have to fight Jesmon now too, but Jesmon is still fighting Alphamon, so I wonder if Alphamon is siding with the kids now, or if they'll just have bring them both down.

And Agumon continues to be the best partner. This was great.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well first impressions for the trailer... seems like we'll be getting Meiccomon's sad backstory this time with her cooped up in a cage like that, the question is does that happen before or after the previous flashback where Meiko meets in a forest? It seems Hikari will end up dispensing some feel-good advice again but at least this time I hope that's not the only thing she'll do. Also Meiko x Agumon and Meiko x Yamato seem to be big ships teased this time with the hugging and hand holding and all that lol. But it's good to see Agumon doing something that isn't eating although they are bringing that running gag back as well as seen in that scene with all the shocked looking partners... can't they just stop it already? I mean I hope that they won't try to play that scene seriously at least.
Also not to complain too much but damn, Meicoomon's ultimate form looks so much worse than on the poster...

The biggest plus: An actual invasion of the human world confirmed! However there's an alarming amount of shots that's basically just the camera swooping over totally static Digimon that just seem suspended in the air. Maybe unfinished animation. But would I dare to suggest that Toei might actually visualise a big part of the invasion just like that? Yes I would.

I'm very interested in that once scenes where the chosen get trapped by vines... I wonder which Digimon is responsible for that...

Not much more about Ophanimon FDM unfortunately... but if her "arc" is supposed to be the big shocking part of the movie it's understandable if they don't want to feature it too much in the trailer.

Last edited:

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
THis trailer looks really action packed and can't wait for the movie! Meicoomega looks so cool and can't wait to see it in action.

It is interesting to see the other Digimon, maybe they are the ones that attack the real world? Then there is lack of mob in the trailer as mentioned in the summary. Definitely a hint that there is a lot more going on than we think.

I had originally thought that Maki would join the 9 back to the real world. But that seems unlikely in this trailer. Perhaps her redemption starts later? The 9 do seem to meet up in Daigo's office eventually. I wonder if Daigo will reveal he and Maki are original children? THat'd be awesome to see.

Plus I think I even saw normal Gennai. He was in a purple fog. Hmmm.. will we finally know what happened to him?

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm happy that Meiko is getting story, but I know it will overshadow Hikari.
Not pleased with the shipping, but then I never am lol
I was kinda excited to see Datamon and Golemon.. nice to see the action. Metalgarurumon was even in a frame or two.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now to solved the MeiMei problem. And see what Kari has to do with it. Plus a huge fight! Agumon is hilarious. Can't wait.

transformers03

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm happy that Meiko is getting story, but I know it will overshadow Hikari.
Not pleased with the shipping, but then I never am lol
I was kinda excited to see Datamon and Golemon.. nice to see the action. Metalgarurumon was even in a frame or two.
What do you mean, Meiko x Agumon OTP.:rolleyes:

All kidding aside there is a lot of scenes to mull over in this trailer. In general, I do not really have a lot of strong feelings of this trailer. This comes from my own indifference towards Meiko as a character. I do not dislike her, not even a little bit, but I would personally would want to see of the original protagonists.

Tsurugi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone else find it funny that in a scary situation, judging from the partner Digimon's faces, that Agumon is the only one calmly eating away XD

Hope we get a translation soon. As for the lack of focus on Kari, they're probably leaving us in the dark to keep her role a surprise. While we know Ophanimon Falldown Mode does show up, we don't know the "how" and "why" behind it.

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love Meiko, so this trailer is making me very excited for part 5 :D

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also, Nanomon's been revived?
There are a lot of Nanomon in that shot. I doubt it has anything to do with the Nanomon from Adventure, any more than the Golemon does the Dark Tower.

I'm very interested in that once scenes where the chosen get trapped by vines... I wonder which Digimon is responsible for that...
Maybe Ceresmon makes a surprise appearance and uses Famis on them.

Solomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I did expect this new trailer to be a bit more...
how do I say this...?
...bleak.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My favorite thing about the trailer is how many people seem kind of confused that it wasn't pure doom and gloom.

While tri. hasn't been universally 'happy', I've been pleased in general by the mood. I do expect it to skew a bit more 'negative', but we will see.

Anyone else find it funny that in a scary situation, judging from the partner Digimon's faces, that Agumon is the only one calmly eating away
I mean, to be fair... it could just be that Mimi cooked for them.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
About the PV, I don't know if it's just my impression, but Hikari seems to have been being caught when she was falling down twice (the first time by Sora and the second by Takeru).

Hope we get a translation soon. As for the lack of focus on Kari, they're probably leaving us in the dark to keep her role a surprise. While we know Ophanimon Falldown Mode does show up, we don't know the "how" and "why" behind it.
I hope you are right. I'm afraid that Ofanimon Falldown is only caused by Homeostasis.

To be fair, PVs for Part 2 didn't show much about Mimi's internal conflict, but she has a good amount of screentime.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Meicoomon's Mega is so much smaller looking than I expected!

Status
Not open for further replies.