New Details & Characters Announced for Hacker's Memory, Update- Full Erika Profile

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New Details & Characters Announced for Hacker's Memory, Update- Full Erika Profile

More Hacker's Memory details from the new V-Jump!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The first new details involve Keisuke and the setup you'll have playing as him.

Keisuke joins the hacker group 'Hudie' to find the hacker who tricked/framed him.

Missions will include various requests given to the group.

Your (and Hudie's) base of operations is an internet cafe. You use a PC at the cafe to jump to cyberspace, along with getting your missions.

The magazine also introduces two new characters... well, one of them is new anyways...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up is Erika.
Erika Mishima is a member of Hudíe, and an extremely shy shut-in. She lives with her older brother. An incident that happened in the past resulted in her awakening as a genius. Erika’s partner Digimon Wormmon, who joined her after she saved him from a sticky situation, is the mascot of Hudíe. He’s a cowardly, clumsy, troublemaker full of curiosity. There will be times when Erika and Wormmon battle in the same party as the protagonist.

Then we have Fei, returning from Cyber Sleuth.
Fei is a member of Zaxon, and a violent girl who will go through any means necessary to achieve her goal. She uses the protagonist in order to take down opposing organizations. Her partner Digimon is TigerVespamon. Fei also appeared in Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, whose story runs parallel to this game’s.

Hacker's Memory releases this year in Japan, and early next year in the rest of the world.

The game is already available to pre-order at Amazon on Playstation 4

The Vita version will be digital only.

Thanks to Gemetsu for the heads up and info, and a weibo user for the original images.

Our prior Hacker's Memory thread is here.

Update- A full profile for Erika. Thanks to garm for translating!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Erika Mishima: A genius hacker girl born out of an unfortunate accident!

A girl who is a member of the hacker team 'Hudie'. She lost both parents in a traffic accident a few years back, and now lives together with only her brother.

She is extremely shy, and is often cooped up in the VIP room of Hudie Net Cafe, which also gets referred to as 'Erika's Room'. Hudie Net Cafe serves as the team's base of operations.

Due to a head injury she suffered during the traffic accident, her brain was linked to a special server within EDEN's network, causing her brain's capabilities to be split and the strain they put on her to be suppressed.

She also gained prodigious hacking skills, due to her brain being constantly linked to EDEN's server.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see Gryphomon in one of the screencaps! Edit: Also Savior Hackmon maybe? At first I thought it was Jesmon but it doesn't look "fancy" enough.

Last edited:

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cool, I felt that Fei's story abruptly ended in Cyber Sleuth so I hope that HM continues her development.

Erika seems cool and Wormon is always awesome. I wonder if he'll become Banchostingmon by the end.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cool, I felt that Fei's story abruptly ended in Cyber Sleuth so I hope that HM continues her development.

Erika seems cool and Wormon is always awesome. I wonder if he'll become Banchostingmon by the end.
Agreed on Fei, I liked where her character was going but she was irrelevant by the end. This'll hopefully complete her arc.

And about that, well, "Hudie" or whatever sounds an awful lot like "hoodie," which makes sense considering the jacket she's wearing. And you know, a jacket wearing gang... Now I'm wondering if the other members will have Digimon that have "Bancho" Ultimates.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone have any idea what Hudie/Fudie is supposed to mean? I doubt it has anything to actually do with hoodies, since it's a three-syllable word that might not even be meant to have an H sound.

Neilandio

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think they are going more for a bug theme rather than a bancho theme.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if Hudie supposed to be a reference to a Heads-Up Display (HUD)? It seems appropriately technological enough.

I'm excited to see Fei is going to have some kind of role, since she didn't do much in the original CS, and I am very excited for Erika and Wormmon. Wormmon has always been a favorite of mine, but it's actually quite uncommon to see people partnered with one compared to a lot of other iconic child digimon.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wormmon->Stingmon->BanchoStingmon wouldn't surprise me at this point.

No clue on Hudie either...

I can't recall for certain, but wasn't there a character in Cyber Sleuth who had the family name 'Mishima' already? Could be a relative?

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
hudie (hu die) is chinese of "butterfly"

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Considering the profile, I definitely could see Wormmon evolving into BanchoStingmon. His character and being a part of a group of hackers does lend well to growing into that type of character and it would fit with Erika.

As for Fei, I'm also really excited to see her again. I liked what we saw of her in CS, but after the Royal Knights take center stage she pretty much disappears from the plot and we don't really get to know what happens afterwards with her, especially in terms of her friendship with Yuuko. Hopefully her role here will allow us to see what she was up to during that time, what she was doing in Zaxon at the time, as well as maybe give us some answers to
what happened to her after the reboot.

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It bothers me quite a bit that they spelt the name 'Hudíe' instead of 'Hudié', haha. Not sure if the put the tone mark on the wrong letter or it's just aesthetically done on purpose.
I'm liking all the bugs this time round with Tentomon and Wormmon around (I'd personally like to see the Banchos appear too, I absolutely love Banchogolemon and would love to be able to use it)
The rest of Hackmon's line would be nice too, I haven't played the original CS but I heard Hackmon just warps to Jesmon which is a bit eh for me..

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm...considering they went with "Hudie" as well as Fei's involvement, I wonder if the group is going to have a Chinese theme throughout. That could be cool.

Considering the team's name means Butterfly, perhaps instead of Stingmon, Wormmon will evolve to Shadramon instead. It would certainly fit possible character growth for Erika by gaining the courage to go outside, her Digimon gains the Digi-Egg of Courage or something.

Hikarunu

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gotsumon, Tentomon and Betamon as starter?
Nice

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The new character looks impressive!! It's kind of the classical cute edgy girl, so a lot of potential here. It reminds me a bit of that girl that was being bugged by Etemon in Tower Records in CS. In another vein, it seems like the new Hacker's group is bug-themed, wonder if this is a homage or implies somethings else we'll discover in the future. As for Griffomon, kind of expected after Hippogriffomon disclosure. Neo Saiba would be pleased anyways ;D

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
hudie (hu die) is chinese of "butterfly"
Since their name and logo is a butterfly, and their mascot is Wormmon I wonder if this means that he will armour evolve into Shadramon, who has butterfly wings. Fladramon was in CS, and we already have Dinobeemon which is pretty obscure too. I love that this is a shout out to Koji Wada too. The new characters remind me of Taichi's colour pallet which is nice. I them a lot better than CS's Mcs. Edit:Oops I missed Rohan's post where he said the same thing, lol. I hope more bug Digimon show up. Butterflymon would be great too.

Last edited:

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Speaking of Hudie, it was there all along in the announcement trailer and we missed it. ^_^

It was also on Keisuke's PC but I can't seem to find a picture of that.

Kai32

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hudie looks like female version of character you play as

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A Wormmon Tamer who suddenly became a genius one day gives me deja vu for some reason.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
btw is it just me or well... if "Mishima" had another thing to do with Tekken's characters? I mean, Kazuya and Heihachi...

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
btw is it just me or well... if "Mishima" had another thing to do with Tekken's characters? I mean, Kazuya and Heihachi...
"Mishima" is a relatively common surname so it's probably just a coincidence that some Tekken characters have the same surname.